Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

It's excellent, but not nearly as good. Moore took Superman away from him being an icon and made him a character. Morrison almost did the opposite.

Also, if we need to discuss why Morrison doesn't understand Moore's Superman, we only need to have a look at Morrison's JL.

Preach brother. Preach. 

DCEU is a mess and MCU is going into phase 4?

any remakes of Iron Man or Batman on the horizon yet?  

- outside of anything cinematic universe

it feels like movies are 'done'.  

like in 5-10 years, the #s are going to go down ALOT

Edited by gravestonedt

6 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

You lie......Antman 4 is making a billion ......:sparta:

11 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

On the contrary MCU's solo films have only been increasing every Phase, The team up films (if they even do Avengers films post-Phase 3) won't do as well.

And hard to imagine the DCEU doing worse than Justice League.

2 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

On the contrary MCU's solo films have only been increasing every Phase, The team up films (if they even do Avengers films post-Phase 3) won't do as well.

it seems like it would just get too confusing after another 5-10 years.  box office revenue going down IMO

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Would be incredibly stupid to not do movies that consistently generate 1.5-2.0 billion dollar at the BO (and millions more from home video and merchandise). We may not see another Avengers movie within 3 year after A4 like they normally come out. But once they have figured out the overarching narrative for the MCU post phase 3 (like the infinity stones narrative for the first 3 phases) then we will see more of these grand team up movies. 

Plus they are getting the X-men and F4 now. No way they dont do a team up movie where the Avengers meet the former 2 teams. 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

In

- Suicide Squad 2

- Aquaman 

- Wonder Women

Out

- Justice League

- Batman

- Superman

I've been thinking Suicide Squad 2 will likely be the last big stand with DC characters.  been thinking they will go 'all in' with whoever is left over before deciding further

• ...wtf 1

21 minutes ago, gravestonedt said:

it seems like it would just get too confusing after another 5-10 years.  box office revenue going down IMO

Marvel has done a good job of getting new audiences to come aboard without confusing them or alienating the existing casual fans. I mean I wouldn't have imagined Infinity War getting the legs it did considering the amount of previous knowledge required but clearly that wasn't a problem. And yeah the return of FF4 and X-Men is going to help tremendously. 

46 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Marvel has done a good job of getting new audiences to come aboard without confusing them or alienating the existing casual fans. I mean I wouldn't have imagined Infinity War getting the legs it did considering the amount of previous knowledge required but clearly that wasn't a problem. And yeah the return of FF4 and X-Men is going to help tremendously. 

but since it is a shared universe, it seems like no matter what you would be signing up for the middle of a TV show with each movie, but as a major film franchise.  

Edited by gravestonedt

Marvel is smart to just give the solo characters 3 films.... its likely down hill after the 3rd or 4th film....I'm thinking BP 2 drops, obviously...MCU Spiderman starts dropping after the 3rd film.. Same with their Xmen , Strange,  Guardians films

9 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I think Thor is worth another go with a 4th film since essentially Ragnarok was a soft reboot but yeah generally three solo films is good plus supporting roles in other films.

Thor  deserves another go but pricey contract negotiations for more solos might be an issue...There is a reason why we never got Iron man 4.....Thor will likely crash other characters films like how iron man is currently doing.

Lord of the Rings was sure a major influence in 2001-2003.  

It did have some strong female roles, but LOTR is a male-driven film???

i'm guessing if they remade the trilogy, King Theodin would not have such a rough role as he had?

I wonder if some of the fans confirm whether or not these films are worthy by how 'meaty' they are, and they speak loudly on behalf of this

to discourage other people from seeing it or wanting to think about it.

16 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Would be incredibly stupid to not do movies that consistently generate 1.5-2.0 billion dollar at the BO (and millions more from home video and merchandise). We may not see another Avengers movie within 3 year after A4 like they normally come out. But once they have figured out the overarching narrative for the MCU post phase 3 (like the infinity stones narrative for the first 3 phases) then we will see more of these grand team up movies. 

Plus they are getting the X-men and F4 now. No way they dont do a team up movie where the Avengers meet the former 2 teams. 

I think they know their 'overarching narrative' for the next phase since a couple of / a few years at least.

Is it possible they will already introduce X-Men... into Avengers 4 or another soon afterwards to be released film? Yes.

But considering the time they spent between the idea/first screenplay outlay pitch (or however that is called, I forgot for th moment) for new characters getting an intro into the MCU - to till that film actually getting released seems to be around 6+ years in the past....

Let's asume they hoped for the X-Men addition since around 2 years and thought about how to maybe include them,

I do think it is possible they will merge the worlds in let's say 4 to 6 years also. I'd make a big event movie like the Avenger movies are .... the at the end of the next phase or even later out of it.

Maybe introduce them a bit like they did with GotG, with lots of hints, but no direct crossover/contact, mabe even a slighty alternate world in general design / details or whatever and then....

I do not disagree, I only think it will take far longer than some here seem to think (if no ueber-boss tries to fasten it for financial or other reasons)

• Like 1