Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This Youtube channel has 18 million followers and posted this today:

At the time of release, Watchmen was met with mixed reviews and bombed at the box office. You would think it would be forgotten, but 10 years later, people are still watching it, discussing it, and figuring out that it was actually a great film.

This is why comparing box office numbers and RT scores is useless. A lot of movies from 2009 that performed better and were better received have faded from people's memories, while Watchmen has slowly turned into a classic.

And the same thing will happen to Batman v Superman.

BVS is terrible . It ruined 2 of the most iconic superheroes of all time. Watchmen is different since it’s about a bunch of nobodies so there was no prior work to compare it to. BvS will always be known as the worst Batman movie.

1 minute ago, GraceRandolph said:

BvS will always be known as the worst Batman movie.

Nah, Batman&Robin will probably keep that title, it is even in the worst movie of all time conversation not just worst Batman Movie.

Forced what was one of the biggest franchise often breaking OW record and domestic BO #1 of the year in a near decade long hiatus and Batman Begin did less than 1989 Batman despite crazy good reviews.

10% on RT but if it would have been a 2016 release it could have got 0.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Nah, Batman&Robin will probably keep that title, it is even in the worst movie of all time conversation not just worst Batman Movie.

Forced what was one of the biggest franchise often breaking OW record and domestic BO #1 of the year in a near decade long hiatus and Batman Begin did less than 1989 Batman despite crazy good reviews.

10% on RT but if it would have been a 2016 release it could have got 0.

I feel like Batman and robin is meant for kids hence why it gets away with being absolutely atrocious. Not to mention that it encompasses the cheesiness of the 90s - it’s a bad cult classic at this point.  BvS on the other hand was supposed to be the “follow up” to the Nolan series and it just failed to deliver.  Either way both are awful and I seriously doubt anyone will praise them 10 years from now. 

Edited by GraceRandolph

18 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

I feel like Batman and robin is meant for kids hence why it gets away with being absolutely atrocious. Not to mention that it encompasses the cheesiness of the 90s - it’s a bad cult classic at this point.  BvS on the other hand was supposed to be the “follow up” to the Nolan series and it just failed to deliver.  Either way both are awful and I seriously doubt anyone will praise them 10 years from now. 

There are a lot of people praising BVS now :thinking:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GraceRandolph said:

Yes delusional znyder fanatics. The general consensus still remains that it’s a shit movie. 

You didn't talk about general consensus, you said no one would be praising BVS in 10 years and that's obviously not true.

5 hours ago, excel1 said:

Warehouse scene in BvS is still best Batman fight scene ever no doubt.

Hum lot or problem with it there is not one KAPOW or ZOWIE ! text literally telling us action and sound is really occurring but also the villain's are not making distinctive sound relating to their name, now that is a fight scene:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, gravestonedt said:

Deadpool 2 and Infinity War will be gaining in the 2018 list and are just starting to update on The-Numbers.  The Greatest Showman stays strong on home video.

Deadpool 2 and Infinity War should compete with Coco and Thor 3 on these charts in about one month.

https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/packaged-media-sales/2018

Top-Selling Video Titles in the United States 2018

Rank Title Units Sold Total Consumer Spending  
1 Black Panther 4,069,259 $85,247,215 Buy
2 Star Wars Ep. VIII: The Last Jedi 3,886,881 $84,427,553 Buy
3 Coco 3,485,351 $68,497,651 Buy
4 Thor: Ragnarok 3,101,326 $65,228,959 Buy
5 The Greatest Showman 2,930,546 $51,187,227 Buy
6 Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle 2,528,448 $56,301,038 Buy
7 Justice League 2,295,238 $49,216,769 Buy
8 Avengers: Infinity War 1,951,706 $66,744,382 Buy
9 It 1,704,345 $34,493,579 Buy
10 Wonder 1,489,117 $23,154,889 Buy

Mary Poppins at #60. Fanboys won't know what hit them. 

5 minutes ago, expensiveho said:

Mary Poppins at #60. Fanboys won't know what hit them. 

It has been an incredibly constant sellers the last 5-6 year's:

2013: #72

2014: #68

2015: #68

2016: #71

2017: #72

Marry Poppins is in a tough place, where if it stays true to the classic era it will be attacked for not being more modern, while if it goes more modern it will be attacked for straying away from the classic. You can't please everyone, and they outrage cultists will be out there to get you.

On October 10, 2018 at 11:03 PM, gravestonedt said:

Lord of the Rings was sure a major influence in 2001-2003.  

It did have some strong female roles, but LOTR is a male-driven film???

i'm guessing if they remade the trilogy, King Theodin would not have such a rough role as he had?

I wonder if some of the fans confirm whether or not these films are worthy by how 'meaty' they are, and they speak loudly on behalf of this

to discourage other people from seeing it or wanting to think about it.

What exactly are you saying or asking here?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

the millennial generation got armed up well in film with the Star Wars Prequels + Lord of the Rings + The Matrix.

idk if the MCU and DCU are a bit more tamed down for the new generation?

in video games, Star Wars always seems to be the one to beat.  In the last 5 years though, i assume online universal maps with arena battles probably favor MCU and DCU now by a large majority.  

So Sony releases a poorly reviewed start to their Cinematic Universe in Venom and unlike the mediocre reviewed start to the DCU, Man of Steel, it doesn't dive 64% it's second weekend. I'm a DC shill and I like Man of Steel but it is stunning to me how Sony managed to start their universe off with a more well liked film despite much worse reviews. It's like WB went out of their way to allow Man of Steel,  a film they for some reason wanted to make 1.3 billion dollars, to be as audience unfriendly as humanly possible.