Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Damn, they are seriously pulling the plugs on the Marvel shows. I guess it's because Disney's doing their own MCU TV shows that are likely to be more connected to the films, and because The Defenders was a serious letdown.

• Disbelief 1

38 minutes ago, Hades said:

The mouse should not F##k with Netflix,,

Hastings of Netflix  and Loeb of Marvel TV said months ago that Netflix control the contracts of the Marvel Netflix shows and as long as they had these shows Disney couldn't move them to their new service or Hulu.  Netflix cancelled them, not Disney.  

Reiterated last week with the Iron Fist cancellation

https://www.inverse.com/article/49937-punisher-season-2-release-date-netflix-says-maybe

The news came from Netflix’s Chief Content Officer, Ted Sarandos, who’s probably better equipped to discuss the future of the Netflix/Marvel universe than anyone else (besides maybe CEO Reed Hastings). Responding to a question about the future of those shows, Sarandos offered a reassuring, if blunt, response.

“Those shows are for us to cancel,” he said, “and we’re super happy with their performance so far.”

Then they cancelled Luke Cage right after...

• Like 1

Something funky sure is going on re: those shows at Netflix.  I'm betting that Marvel/Disney are pressuring them to 'up the mood' of this universe to more closely match whatever they've got planned with their own streaming shows in development.   But I maintain that Netflix is getting them out of the way whether or not Disney/Marvel is exerting strong opinions or not (and the rumors say they are).  To rub a show out halfway through its season development when half the scripts were already done is kind of unusual.  Maybe Netflix just doesn't want to deal with the drama for shows that possibly aren't as profitable for them as certain others. 

I predict Jessica Jones gone after S3 (is that even filming, yet?), Punisher after S2, and Daredevil lasts maybe one more...maybe.   Although considering what (seemed to me) the relatively low-key debut of S3...it may be "done" internally already, too...

Edited by Macleod

It seems like Christopher Nolan and James Cameron see their movies through to the end before getting started,

I feel like the rest of the ones who make movies don't do this.  They just make a big mess, cast as they go, and build to make.

Maybe some of the more abstract ones like Birdman and mother! or the hipster crap like Isle of Dogs can go full circle just because they put a pretty little bow on the picture....

(then you get another forgetful film like Halloween) and whatever bullshit Blumhouse takes over with.

but if you were to make a fist with one hand, and grip onto your fist with the other hand, it feels like this grip only works with Nolan and JC films for the moment....  can't think of any others.  MCU is Disney now so it will always be 'storybooked' down to the  storybook-land kingdom.

Edited by gravestonedt

13 minutes ago, poweranimals said:

John Campea thinks Shazam will make more money than Captain Marvel. :hahaha:

John lives in an alternate universe. Captain Marvel will make at least  twice of whatever Shazam does. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Eh wouldn't take note of anything John Campea says regarding box office. He's probably worse than Grace Randolph in that department. 

But he's right in that the Shazam trailer was a lot catchier than the CM one.

I think it is going to surprise a lot of people, it has all the ingredients for a Jumanji style breakout.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I think it is going to surprise a lot of people, it has all the ingredients for a Jumanji style breakout.

I think shazam is gonna crash and burn OS.

It can only break out domestic IMO.

24 minutes ago, AndyK said:

I mean I also prefered the Shazam trailer to Captain Marvel and of course never say never but Captain Marvel simply has much more going for it for General Audiences than Shazam. Plus talking about trailers Captain Marvel is about double the views of the Shazam trailer. Jumanji also had the Christmas season too while Shazam's legs will be cut off completely once Avengers 4 hits. 

16 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Why is the MCU bothering with the upcoming crappy tv shows for the Disney steaming service?. It’s going to dilute and ruin the brand. The MCU should strictly be MOVIES. 

They have money to burn on characters that have outstayed their welcome or that no one really cares about....Its their cash......Its also another way of softly  demoting characters

Its clear Disney are forcing this on Feige though....Its pointless but they need to content to get anywhere Netflix level..which they won't

• Knock It Off 1