Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

And already we have a doubter for Crazy Marvelous Asian.         

What I’m most curious about with that Shang-Chi announcement is the scheduling. Seems like the ratio of upcoming non-sequel:sequel marvel movies we know about right now is unusually high.

MCU/DCEU State of the Union : 2018 Wrap Up.

So I guess we re at a crossroads in 2019.

Captain Marvel buzz is not very good, lots of negativity on the trailer & Brie s acting or lack thereof.

Hopefully Avengers delivers like AW.

Spiderman Far From Home is already doomed :  the whining about how the  CGI version is much better will be defeaning for years, if not decades.

After that, Guardians 3 is in the toilet , Scar Jo is having her movie, The Grinch is getting his sequel and dunno about  MCU Movie number 3 of 2020.

MCU will bo soon in shambles or at least know some heavy turbulences.

DCEU ? Well, it s dead Jim.

So I guess Warner abandonned the idea of a unified-shared universe and will be throwing everything against the wall and see what sticks.

They have no choice now than to be the exact opposite of the MCU after tryin ghard to be like them : variety of tones, size and scope of movies. 

Playing the Woke angle before them.

Absolutely incredible to see how bad the Snyderverse has been rejected.

In 5 Movies I would say only 2 characters have survived the disaster :  Wondy and Harely Quinn.

Both are having their sequels, Wondy 2 having a shot at 1B WW.

Batfeck and Superstache are gone, Flash not happening and Cyborg mmh, well ...

Shazam I don't know what to think about. Could have a tough time OS because of the tone and style of the humor.

Very interesting to see where will they go with Batman, probably a hip & fresh and small scale version of it to win critics and dudebro cinephiles hearts because they like their Batman grounded and far from superhero tropes.

Apart from Wondy 2, it seems Warner is getting away from the very big budget VFX heavy superhero movies.

They saw how well the Fox Marvel strategy worked, cheap ass looking movies making bank, Sony already copied the strategy with Venom.

So they will do 50-150m tops superhero movies as opposed to the 180-300m+ price tags of the MCU ones.

Unless New Gods is a very big project ? I dunnno the size of this world and project.

But Shazam, Birds of Prey, Detective Pika-tman and of course, The Joker seem like medium size projects in superhero land.

So that leaves us with Aquaman, probably the last giant Warner superhero movie before a long time, even Wondy 2 won't be as big, a movie whose budget is at least 250m I am guessing considering the scope of the set pieces, amount of very complex VFX, the worldbuilding and everything (shooting with  water).

How Feige will incorporate the X-Men ion the MCu ( or not) is also a huge ?

After the giant success of Venom, (well, thank you China)Sony will milk the Spiderverse's tit until it's sore and I am guessing the New CGI Spidey will hurt badly the live action movies, both in terms of box office and reception from fans and critics.

The Joker already won the Superhero Futurist Award for 2019 :

"Best superhero movie of 2019" that barely qualifies as one but they will say it anyway.

:bravo:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, The Futurist said:

MCU/DCEU State of the Union : 2018 Wrap Up.

So I guess we re at a crossroads in 2019.

Captain Marvel buzz is not very good, lots of negativity on the trailer & Brie s acting or lack thereof.

Hopefully Avengers delivers like AW.

Spiderman Far From Home is already doomed :  the whining about how the  CGI version is much better will be defeaning for years, if not decades.

After that, Guardians 3 is in the toilet , Scar Jo is having her movie, The Grinch is getting his sequel and dunno about  MCU Movie number 3 of 2020.

MCU will bo soon in shambles or at least know some heavy turbulences.

DCEU ? Well, it s dead Jim.

So I guess Warner abandonned the idea of a unified-shared universe and will be throwing everything against the wall and see what sticks.

They have no choice now than to be the exact opposite of the MCU after tryin ghard to be like them : variety of tones, size and scope of movies. 

Playing the Woke angle before them.

Absolutely incredible to see how bad the Snyderverse has been rejected.

In 5 Movies I would say only 2 characters have survived the disaster :  Wondy and Harely Quinn.

Both are having their sequels, Wondy 2 having a shot at 1B WW.

Batfeck and Superstache are gone, Flash not happening and Cyborg mmh, well ...

Shazam I don't know what to think about. Could have a tough time OS because of the tone and style of the humor.

Very interesting to see where will they go with Batman, probably a hip & fresh and small scale version of it to win critics and dudebro cinephiles hearts because they like their Batman grounded and far from superhero tropes.

Apart from Wondy 2, it seems Warner is getting away from the very big budget VFX heavy superhero movies.

They saw how well the Fox Marvel strategy worked, cheap ass looking movies making bank, Sony already copied the strategy with Venom.

So they will do 50-150m tops superhero movies as opposed to the 180-300m+ price tags of the MCU ones.

Unless New Gods is a very big project ? I dunnno the size of this world and project.

But Shazam, Birds of Prey, Detective Pika-tman and of course, The Joker seem like medium size projects in superhero land.

So that leaves us with Aquaman, probably the last giant Warner superhero movie before a long time, even Wondy 2 won't be as big, a movie whose budget is at least 250m I am guessing considering the scope of the set pieces, amount of very complex VFX, the worldbuilding and everything (shooting with  water).

How Feige will incorporate the X-Men ion the MCu ( or not) is also a huge ?

After the giant success of Venom, (well, thank you China)Sony will milk the Spiderverse's tit until it's sore and I am guessing the New CGI Spidey will hurt badly the live action movies, both in terms of box office and reception from fans and critics.

The Joker already won the Superhero Futurist Award for 2019 :

"Best superhero movie of 2019" that barely qualifies as one but they will say it anyway.

:bravo:

Every studio would kill for a franchise that is in shambles the way the MCU is.

• Haha 1

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, Brainbug said:

We were talking specifically about Avatar: The Last Airbender, but my point also stands for every other attempt at translating animes/cartoons to live-action.

The record is not good; western audience just are not interested and Asian audiences reject them as vastly inferior to the original.

Oscar Visual Effects Shortlist of 20 Includes ‘Incredibles 2,’ ‘Isle of Dogs’

Later this month, the committee will whittle it down to 10 films (announced on December 17th), which will compete at the annual bakeoff.

The films are listed below in alphabetical order:

“Ant-Man and the Wasp”
“Aquaman”
“Avengers: Infinity War”
“Black Panther”
“Bumblebee”
“Christopher Robin”
“Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald”
“First Man”
“Incredibles 2”
“Isle of Dogs”
“Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom”
“Mary Poppins Returns”
“Mission: Impossible – Fallout”
“Mortal Engines”
“The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”
“Paddington 2”
“A Quiet Place”
“Ready Player One”
“Solo: A Star Wars Story”
“Welcome to Marwen”

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Later this month, the committee will whittle it down to 10 films (announced on December 17th), which will compete at the annual bakeoff.

“Ant-Man and the Wasp”
“Aquaman”
“Black Panther”
“Bumblebee”
“Christopher Robin”
“First Man”
“Incredibles 2”
“Isle of Dogs”
“Mary Poppins Returns”
“Mission: Impossible – Fallout”
“Mortal Engines”
“The Nutcracker and the Four Realms”
“Paddington 2”
“A Quiet Place”
“Ready Player One”
“Solo: A Star Wars Story”
“Welcome to Marwen”

The latest Misison Impossible is not celebrated enough for its perfect VFX/CGI work.:rock::shades::bravo:

The trailer doesn't feel like an MCU trailer.

I get strong Fox X-Men vibes from it.

Also, not that it means much but....

You'll have to vote to see the result.

Edited by AndyK
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, AndyK said:

Strange, the loink leads me to the short article about the release of the Captain Marvel trailer (= no poll). Maybe a location thingie?

Edited by terrestrial

34 minutes ago, AndyK said:

This is irrelevant when you remember is just basically Marvel x DC fans voting. All the DC fans will vote on Shazam, but Marvel fans has 3 options to vote and it’s kinda obvious almost everybody is expecting A4 more, so the other 2 movies have no votes from DC fans and just a few votes from Marvel fans because they have a better option. Nothing to see here.

• Like 6
  • Astonished 2

7 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

This is irrelevant when you remember is just basically Marvel x DC fans voting. All the DC fans will vote on Shazam, but Marvel fans has 3 options to vote and it’s kinda obvious almost everybody is expecting A4 more, so the other 2 movies have no votes from DC fans and just a few votes from Marvel fans because they have a better option. Nothing to see here.

You've described 90% of the internet.... 99% with Tumblrs new rules.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

29 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Strange, the loink leads me to the short article about the release of the Captain Marvel trailer (= no poll). Maybe a location thingie?

The poll is on Twitter 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

I don't need to vote to know the results.

in order of Box office gross

TA4

Spidey 2 

CM/Shazam

6 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

“Ant-Man and the Wasp”
“Aquaman”
“Black Panther”
“Bumblebee”
“Christopher Robin”
“First Man”
“Incredibles 2”
“Isle of Dogs”