Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

Can a single film be a franchise? 😂 I guess every movie in existence is a franchise then?

a single film by itself a franchise? not really

a single film with a comic book, video game, theme park, circ de whatever and 4 sequels on the pipeline, two of which having finished filming. This can be a franchise.

the 2010's allowed capes to thrive because Jim wasn't there to show people something better.

the 2020's will be remembered as a vital point in box office history where the quality of film-making took a turn for the better and directors were allowed to take risks again and try make something spectacular instead of ticking boxes.

The 2020's will be Avatar crazy, people will be lining up to marry Na'vi's, they'll be spending every weekend rewatching the saga, they'll be spending all their money on blue body paint (licensed by Jim), they'll be conscience of the world around them and become more green, Avatar will save the world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

To be honest, the Cameron fanboys are the best fanboys on the board, as they’re the ones who cause the least trouble, the most respectful and civilized. I’ve never seen any of them act the way some of the other fanboys do on here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Knock It Off 1

42 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Excellent Point. Avatar is a potential franchise, ,but we won't know until we see how Avatar 2 does.

Does it not have a theme park and multiple products associated with it?  Is that not a franchise?

Edited by That One Guy
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

How is that "if lucky"? IW passed the mark. And I'm pretty sure a lot of people wanna know what happens next

Well it could easily miss 2B if it’s flat in tickets from IW, the way ERs seem to be going. Still another 4 months for those to fluctuate though.

I am aware about it officially gets defined in another way, but it has the next ones filmed to a degree, has theme-parks and whatnot, its big enough already. A pesky detail like the release date being in 2 years usually would hinder me to see it as far enough into production to be sure about its release, but in this case I am sure enough, and that sureness is enough for me to feel about it as something existing, hence its a franchise to me already.

30 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To be honest, the Cameron fanboys are the best fanboys on the board, as they’re the ones who cause the least trouble, the most respectful and civilized. I’ve never seen any of them act the way some of the other fanboys do on here.

Let's see how they behave after Bombita's box office performance.

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Sure, rooting for another financial collapse so the exchange rate for Avatar 2 is like 2009 is completely civilized and sane.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

9 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

To the other fanboys defense Jim never fails so we don't have a Solo or Justice League to deal with.

• Like 1