Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 minutes ago, Lothar said:

Don't tell me you're that old ?

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Not so fast.... Kirk Douglass just celebrated his 102nd! 

Avg life expectancy (according to my 401k ) for an adult in good health is now 90+ (Plan accordingly) B)

I am one of the oldest here as far as I know, far older than Tele (who is young), or Baumer (who is still young)

Also I worked in the metal industry for quite some time = got a chronic (slowly adding up) heavy metal toxification = reduces life expectancy.

There is a reason I sleep in average 2 hours out of 24h since around 35 years ;)

• Sad 4

1 hour ago, terrestrial said:

I am one of the oldest here as far as I know, far older than Tele (who is young), or Baumer (who is still young)

Also I worked in the metal industry for quite some time = got a chronic (slowly adding up) heavy metal toxification = reduces life expectancy.

There is a reason I sleep in average 2 hours out of 24h since around 35 years ;)

Then I'm just a baby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

Oh I know it will eventually come out, but not to the tune of "4 billies" or whatever the fuck you guys think it's going to do.

Whats your prediction then? Let's see whose closer. You can't say it's too early to predict because you already know how much it won't make!

6 hours ago, terrestrial said:

You cannot be older than @Telemachos I heard he's from Ancient times. If I'm not wrong he is from Ubaid period.

He saw the fall of Halaf, Sumerians, Mayans, Egyptians and Babylonians.  :ph34r:

Edited by Lothar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

I dunno, like 550dom/2.6B WW?

Wow you are too optimist about A2. 550 DOM OW and 2.6 WW OW ?

That's insane. I think 300OW/1-1.2 WW OW

Going through your prediction A2 will make at least 12 Billion $

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Lothar said:

You cannot be older than @Telemachos I heard he's from Ancient times. If I'm not wrong he is from Ubaid period.

He saw the fall of Halaf, Sumerians, Mayans, Egyptians and Babylonians.  :ph34r:

If I remember right Baumer is older than @Telemachos   (3 to 6y????) and I am ~ 10y or so older than Baumer. If that is correct I could be theoretically Teles mother (age-wise only obviously).

I think one male user is older than me, if the birthday thingie at the main page is correct.

He might be from ancient times in interest (yes I know I ignore the typical 'joke' with that), but me (too?) am into history (and books/movies/stories, hand-craft especially wood work, technology, and...), especially the very ancient times like Tell Halaf too (and older)

Egyptians I like especially for their 'font' system, I teached those my nephews in pre-internet times and they wrote 'helping notes' for their school tests with/in it, the teachers had no chance , we still smile a bit about it. The really fun detail: they never needed them as the work to 'translate' was enough to remember the written down details.

Edited by terrestrial

In the video interview with Nicole Kidman linked within the Aquamomoa review here, Amy Adams basically confirms right up front that she's done with the Lois Lane role due to them "re-vamping."  That's more confirmation than Cavill ever admitted to. 

https://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/aquaman-review-dc-comics-1203086479/

Edited by Macleod

She said "I think", "I don't know". Sounds like she's talking about what she's reading in the press.

If they are not bringing those characters back then what was the point in teasing us with the Lex Luthor scene in JL?

If they are really not bringing Superman, Lois, Lex back, then they're very clueless about what audiences liked about these movies so far and what they want to see.

I wouldn't be exactly shocked, considering how they thought what they were doing to Justice League would work. But they should have learned by now.

People love Henry Cavill as Superman. And with Wonder Woman and Aquaman being giant hits, it's a wasted opportunity to not make another Justice League film soon. With Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.

24 minutes ago, Hades said:

:sparta:.......No DCEU bias at all guys....:ph34r:

He gave Wonder Woman a 3.5/4 fresh and Avengers IW a 2/4 rotten = only bcs some ppl jump to conclusions in that twitter thread....

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 6

16 hours ago, Macleod said:

In the video interview with Nicole Kidman linked within the Aquamomoa review here, Amy Adams basically confirms right up front that she's done with the Lois Lane role due to them "re-vamping."  That's more confirmation than Cavill ever admitted to. 

https://variety.com/2018/film/reviews/aquaman-review-dc-comics-1203086479/

Welp........and that was it for the Man of Steel