Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 4/23/2017 at 10:16 AM, chrisman0606 said:

DC fans are the most stubborn fanbase that can not accept criticism and suggestion to improve the damn franchise.

Lots of fanbases like that.   Star Wars fans took years to admit The Prequels sucked.   And even then they bought the blu-rays...because it was Star Wars.   So DC fans will probably buy any DC movie no matter if they liked it or not.

On 4/23/2017 at 0:39 PM, Napoleon said:

MARVEL'S LEGACY RELAUNCH BRINGS THE AVENGERS BACK TO BASICS

Marvel Comics has revealed first details about "Legacy," an upcoming relaunch that promises to bring many fan-favorite characters and franchises back to their roots after the events of Secret Empire. Marvel made the announcement at their "Next Big Thing" panel at C2E2 this afternoon.

(...)

If the teaser is to be believed, Legacy will see the return of Tony Stark as Iron Man and Bruce Banner as Hulk, while Thor Odinson will apparently be reclaiming his hammer Mjolnir. The art also shows the return of classic costumes for Ant-Man, Scarlet Witch, Daredevil and Captain America (though we have to wonder if Steve Rogers will still be wearing the Captain America costume at that point).

Legacy will officially begin this fall with a 50-page, one-shot special called Marvel Legacy #1. This issue will reunite Thor: God of Thunder creative team Jason Aaron and Esad Ribic as the duo lay the groundwork for what's to come in the Marvel Universe and chronicle the return of a major character.

“The Marvel Legacy initiative is a celebration of everything that makes Marvel the best in fiction and it’s a signifier of a new era for Marvel Comics,” said Quesada in Marvel's press release. “It’s a loving look at the heart of Marvel as we embrace our roots and move enthusiastically forward with all the Marvel characters you know and love starring in the biggest, boldest, best Marvel stories. All of which kicks off with the giant Marvel Legacy special.”

From there, Legacy will see many Marvel titles revert to their classic numbering, though Marvel didn't reveal which specific books will be undergoing that shift. But regardless, the goal is for every new and existing series to offer readers a fresh jumping-on point as Legacy begins.

(...)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/04/22/marvels-legacy-relaunch-brings-the-avengers-back-to-basics

LOL

They are shamelessly copying the incredibly successful DC Rebirth that was launched last year and has since dominated comic book sales.

I see that the plagiarism didn't stop at the BVS/Civil War script. :rofl:

I don't think it's the same thing.   Marvel is apparently getting the message that their fans are tired of them replacing all the characters with clones of a different race or gender.   No idea what Rebirth was about but I never heard that they had made Superman female or Batman Asian.

On 4/23/2017 at 1:15 PM, YourMother said:

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/justice_league/diane-lane-talks-justice-league-and-controversial-batman-v-superman-martha-scene-a150525

I know what the Martha scene was trying to aim for, but it wasn't smart nor clever just poorly executed.

Bless her for trying, but Batman's "1% chance he could go bad" didn't go away just because he had a mother.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

I really liked Suicide Squad. Better than BVS.

@Napoleon, out of curiosity, have you seen SS and TLBM? If so, your feelings?

Suicide Squad was tough for me to watch the first time. I didn't believe what I was seeing. I almost left the cinema in tears. It's hard to explain that experience. In the beginning I was looking at the screen and thinking "well, that will make sense later in the movie", and then there was this moment when I realized the whole thing was a trainwreck. My heart was crushed. It felt like a bad dream and I was just hoping for it to end already.

The second time was much better, because I knew what to expect, so it was fine. I think the characters are great.

The Lego Batman though, I didn't see yet.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

I don't think it's the same thing.   Marvel is apparently getting the message that their fans are tired of them replacing all the characters with clones of a different race or gender.   No idea what Rebirth was about but I never heard that they had made Superman female or Batman Asian.

It's not surprising, their gender switched/race changers were not selling, it's one thing to try and bring a little diversity, but don't do lazy take overs of iconic characters that have been around for ages.   

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

No, but it gave Superman humanity (to Batman).

Look at how easily superman was pushed into attempting to kill a man just because his mother was kidnapped.  Batman was completely justified (I'd go as far as saying he's morally obligated to kill superman in that scenario) in killing him. 

9 minutes ago, Kalo said:

It's not surprising, their gender switched/race changers were not selling, it's one thing to try and bring a little diversity, but don't do lazy take overs of iconic characters that have been around for ages.   

:ph34r: Like DC introducing Superwoman, Chinese Superman, Latina Green Lantern, Black kid flash, Muslim Green Lantern, Gay Batman and Gay Superman.

The other thing to remember is the reason BvS did so well on Bluray is because they literally said "This isn't the movie that was in theaters". Asking to give it a second chance. The theatrical cut was only released on barebones DVD, which is packaged in small print with the Bluray.

9 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

:ph34r: Like DC introducing Superwoman, Chinese Superman, Latina Green Lantern, Black kid flash, Muslim Green Lantern, Gay Batman and Gay Superman.

What are you talking about? batman has always been gay.

Batman%20084-33_10%20Nights%20of%20Fear-

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, MattW said:

Look at how easily superman was pushed into attempting to kill a man just because his mother was kidnapped.  Batman was completely justified (I'd go as far as saying he's morally obligated to kill superman in that scenario) in killing him. 

He never attempted to kill Batman.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

No, but it gave Superman humanity (to Batman).

Given that Batman fights humans all the time, that still doesn't eliminate his "1% chance to go bad" motivation.   Being human certainly doesn't mean you aren't dangerous.   If Batman somehow missed that Superman is a good guy when he was an alien, that's not changing just because he's human.

27 minutes ago, Kalo said:

You would think Marvel would remember how X-men did it.  Don't go the lazy route.  Clone characters aren't interesting.   There is no creativity there.   X-men introduced new characters of various races and gender and they were awesome and popular.  Some of the best female characters were totally original X-men.   Storm isn't awesome because she was originally a white male they cloned, nor is she awesome because she is a black female....she is awesome because she is awesome.   Same with Rogue, Mystique, Jubilee, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost, Kitty Pryde, Magik, Polaris, X-23, and Phoenix.

• Like 1

There are a lot of problems with the superhero comic book industry at the moment. 'Too much Diversity' is not one of them.

Actual problems come from the overly-bloated continuity of Marvel/DC making it impossible for new readers to jump on board, the over-focus on making stories 'adult and gritty' to appeal to current comic book readers at the cost of driving away potential new readers, crossover events fucking over individual series, attention-grabbing shock moments instead of actual storytelling (Nazi Cap is still around, fyi) and, of course, DC/Marvel's overdependance on comic book shops/refusal to modernise, take the sensible option and start utilizing online subscription systems like Crunchyroll for their comics to make things more convenient for customers.

I mean, Jesus, comic book movies could not be more in right now, yet actual comic book sales are dismal in comparison. And believe me, 'diversity' is not the fucking reason for that.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, langer said:

That 2019 films slate for Disney is going to be incredible.

They have 4 potential 400M$ movies (SW, Avengers, Frozen and Toy Story).  Damn!

And you can add Lion King, more chance than Frozen and Toy Story imo.

• Like 2

Just now, Barnack said:

And you can add Lion King, more chance than Frozen and Toy Story imo.

You're right!  Never been a fan of the Mouse/Buena Vista, but this will be very impressive from a BO perspective. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, langer said:

That 2019 films slate for Disney is going to be incredible.

They have 4 potential 400M$ movies (SW, Avengers, Frozen and Toy Story).  Damn!

SW, Avengers 4 and Lion King are 100% hitting 400m barring the Room level reception, and Frozen 2 & Toy Story have a pretty good shot

1 hour ago, rukaio101 said:

There are a lot of problems with the superhero comic book industry at the moment. 'Too much Diversity' is not one of them.

Actual problems come from the overly-bloated continuity of Marvel/DC making it impossible for new readers to jump on board, the over-focus on making stories 'adult and gritty' to appeal to current comic book readers at the cost of driving away potential new readers, crossover events fucking over individual series, attention-grabbing shock moments instead of actual storytelling (Nazi Cap is still around, fyi) and, of course, DC/Marvel's overdependance on comic book shops/refusal to modernise, take the sensible option and start utilizing online subscription systems like Crunchyroll for their comics to make things more convenient for customers.

I mean, Jesus, comic book movies could not be more in right now, yet actual comic book sales are dismal in comparison. And believe me, 'diversity' is not the fucking reason for that.

That's how I feel, I've read some comics I really like, but I don't like starting in the middle of the series and feel like I'd be completely lost. although aside from Daredevil and maybe Hawkeye I am not really interested in Marvel comics. 

• Like 1