3. Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets - A
  4. The Lego Batman Movie - A
  5. Kingsman: The Golden Circle - A-
  6. Wonder Woman - A-/B+
  7. Spider-Man: Homecoming - B+/B
  8. Ghost in the Shell - B/B-
  9. Thor: Ragnarok - C

3 hours ago, Subzero said:

I don't see Avatar2 make even half of that or even 1B, the 3D market is not what it use to be when AVATAR first came out.

You can't be serious... you do know "people only watched it for the 3d" is the oldest meme in the book.

22 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

You can't be serious... you do know "people only watched it for the 3d" is the oldest meme in the book.

When 3D first started people flock to it like flies.... now ad ay lots of folks including myself are staying away from it ....

3D are not all that worth it ...it's dark and lousy ....I rather watch 2D or Imax 2d over 3d anyday.

14 minutes ago, Subzero said:

When 3D first started people flock to it like flies.... now ad ay lots of folks including myself are staying away from it ....

3D are not all that worth it ...it's dark and lousy ....I rather watch 2D or Imax 2d over 3d anyday.

Not really, people flock to it like flies after Avatar not that much before, Journey to the center of the earth and others 3d title didn't broke the box office before Avatar remade 3d popular once again (was really popular in the early 50s, a bit of the early 80s and around 2010 again). It is not like Alice braking a billion because of 3D popularty, for Avatar it is a bit chicken and eggs, Avatar helped to make 3d popular at the same time that 3d helped Avatar being popular.

3d went in and out of fashion many time, it is true people stay away of 3d now, but they didn't for Gravity and chance are they will not for Avatar 2, having faith that contrary to other release it will not be dark and louse (and would add laggy to the 3d issues)

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, JB33 said:

Please, please, PLEASE be joking around. I can't tell because i haven't read through the thread for any context and I don't plan to.

It's gonna open to about 120m which is huge for a Thor movie and both the critic and audience reaction has been great.

@Napoleon is just mad that Thor's runtime is longer than JLs

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

[mod edit]

I imagine you are joking (that lying about view counts should be something people care about.... even law enforcement, I mean....), but even if half serious, 107m + last weekend market opening, look like could do close to 200m from the others markets opening, they are really huge close to 300m opening numbers.