Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, YourMother said:

Thor was always tracking between $90M-$120M and anyone who thought higher than $130M is an idiot. The only people who vehemently thought $130M+ was possible was BKB and he was an uber fanboy and he’s (thankfully) gone.

Did BKB find another forum to post his diatribes, or has he vanished without a trace?

I love polite indirect passive aggressive barbs...

"I am glad your movie opened huge. Nice to see even shitty films succeed."

"Thanks. Just like how two years back your movie opened to a similar amount. But thank god my movie does not suck like your movie."

"You're welcome. Anyways, what a lame weekend, nothing good to see."

"Hope your weekend improves. Believe me, in couple of weeks it gets even worse."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Marvel doesn't need the X-Men series at the moment, they'd rather have the Fantastic Four which would fit more into the MCU, the X-Men with the mutants is a tougher nut to crack. The current series works well because the mutants are the superpowered beings so they're considered dangerous to everyone else but in the MCU, with gods, sorcerers and aliens, how do make them unique when they're not the only people with abilties? 

23 minutes ago, Wonder Midget said:

Marvel definitely needs to take back FF, if only for Dr. Doom, Galactus and the Surfer. And I'd like the Thing involved too. Maybe we'd finally get to see Aunt Petunia.

Marvel will not get the FF back from Fox, given the terrible relations between Disney and Fox.

1 hour ago, Jonwo said:

Marvel doesn't need the X-Men series at the moment, they'd rather have the Fantastic Four which would fit more into the MCU, the X-Men with the mutants is a tougher nut to crack. The current series works well because the mutants are the superpowered beings so they're considered dangerous to everyone else but in the MCU, with gods, sorcerers and aliens, how do make them unique when they're not the only people with abilties

I would assume they do it just the way they do it in the comics ....where it worked fantastically and made the X-men into probably the most popular comics property post 1980.   (edit:  A potential that Fox totally wasted)

Edited by Harpospoke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, langer said:

Going back for a second viewing of Thor.  Only 11 days until JL and 39 for SW.  Best fall/winter ever. 

A non fanboyish comment in the franchise wars? What????

Let's face it, Star Wars, DC and Marvel are some of the greatest franchises out there.

Star Wars has the best action and world design

DC has some of the best visuals and a very memorable soundtrack

Marvel is popcorn fun that is very heartwarming and entertaining

These are objective facts and each have their own merits. 

6 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

That's the same "lot of people" who were saying that long before Logan and Deadpool existed so that's not the reason.

Fox does have a small fan base who apparently don't mind that Fox screws up most of the time and has a history of epic failing with legendary characters.   If Marvel utterly wasted characters like Dr Doom, Apocalypse, Silver Surfer, Phoenix, Galactus, Rogue, Storm, etc those same "lot of people" would be pointing and laughing at the ineptitude.    You certainly wouldn't hear odd claims like "Marvel handles those characters best".

MCU wasted a ton  of characters as well, people even praise them for wasting these characters, you know, like Mandarin. I've seen so many people claim that it was a clever twist and the real Mandarin is still out there because of that short in the dvd.

People praise Valkyrie in Thor 3, and somehow no one mentions how they treats Sif in the past two movies and then simply pretend this character never exist in Thor 3. Basically every female character other than Black Widow is wasted, they barely have any screen time, has no story arc and no personality at all. And even Black Widow is not treated that well. 

MCU has a problem of dealing with Villains too, so there is zero promise that they can do Dr Doom or Galactus justice.

Edited by jf8350143

3 minutes ago, jf8350143 said:

MCU wasted a ton  of characters as well, people even praise them for wasting these characters, you know, like Mandarin. I've seen so many people claim that it was a clever twist and the real Mandarin is still out there because of that short in the dvd.

People praise Valkyrie in Thor 3, and somehow no one mentions how they treats Sif in the past two movies and then simply pretend this character never exist in Thor 3. Basically every female character other than Black Widow is wasted, they barely have any screen time, has no story arc and no personality at all. And even Black Widow is not treated that well. 

Thank you for the perfect demonstration of what I was talking about.

Somehow it's a huge problem that the Mandarian and Sif are wasted.....  (cue the crowd...."Who??")

....But Fox wasting Dr forking Doom, Silver freaking Surfer, Apocalypse, Galactus, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Phoenix, Colossus, Deadpool....

That's not a problem.   Somehow "Fox can do these characters better than Marvel".   What....the f**k??

It's the oddest most blind fanboy position I've ever seen.   Fox has literally wasted some of the most epic and famous comic book characters in history.    But by all means let's fret about Mandarian and Sif.   :winomg:

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Harpospoke said:

I would assume they do it just the way they do it in the comics ....where it worked fantastically and made the X-men into probably the most popular comics property post 1980.   (edit:  A potential that Fox totally wasted)

I will never understand the argument that the X-Men can't exist in the same world as the other Marvel superheroes. The source material (the comic books) have them co-existing  and no one has ever said that Marvel comics are horrible because the X-Men and other Marvel superheroes co-exist. It feels like an argument from people who don't like the Disney/Marvel movies, so they want as many characters at other studios as possible.

Also, the reason why we don't see Disney/Marvel making movies like Logan is because Logan is the end. There is no place else to go with the Wolverine character after that. And that is Fox's big problem. They don't have the MCU for cross-overs, so they are having trouble figuring out where to go next now that their X-Men franchise has really run its course. There are still more X-Men stories to adapt, but Fox doesn't seem to know how to go about it.

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

I will never understand the argument that the X-Men can't exist in the same world as the other Marvel superheroes. The source material (the comic books) have them co-existing  and no one has ever said that Marvel comics are horrible because the X-Men and other Marvel superheroes co-exist. It feels like an argument from people who don't like the Disney/Marvel movies, so they want as many characters at other studios as possible.

Same.   It's not hard at all to do.     They can do small stories with Daredevil and big stories with the Avengers.   It all works.   Even in the MCU they can easily do Ant-Man and Avengers.

It's not hard to understand why mutants would be different in a shared world.   People like Iron Man, Ant-Man, and Cap get their abilities in a different way.   Mutants being born with superior abilities is a huge thing.   That's going to scare people.   It's the next step in evolution and that suggests extinction for the species being "left behind".  Is it a problem that characters like Spider-Man and Hulk are disliked and/or feared by the public while Iron Man and Cap are adored?   ...Nope...not a problem at all.    It's not just one reality for every character.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

Thank you for the perfect demonstration of what I was talking about.

Somehow it's a huge problem that the Mandarian and Sif are wasted.....  (cue the crowd...."Who??")

....But Fox wasting Dr forking Doom, Silver freaking Surfer, Apocalypse, Galactus, Cyclops, Storm, Rogue, Kitty Pryde, Phoenix, Colossus, Deadpool....

That's not a problem.   Somehow "Fox can do these characters better than Marvel".   What....the f**k??

It's the oddest most blind fanboy position I've ever seen.   Fox has literally wasted some of the most epic and famous comic book characters in history.    But by all means let's fret about Mandarian and Sif.   :winomg:

So Fox wasted Deadpool? 10 years ago you mean? Crowd don't know shit about Silver Surfer,Kitty Pryde as well.

Let me clear it again, Fox didn't do all X-men characters justice, and MCU didn't do all of their character justice as well, I don't see how giving X-men back to Disney will improve any of that, especially consider half of the X-men characters are female. When it comes to female characters, MCU is the worst among the comic franchises.

Mandarian and Sif is just two examples, if you think they are all the characters MCU has wasted, then you are in a blind fanboy situtaion, not me.

Edited by jf8350143

I love the MCU but X-Men are better off with Fox, otherwise we wouldn’t get movies like Deadpool, Logan or New Mutants. Fantastic Four on the other hand should go to the MCU.