Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

8 minutes ago, mredman said:

it was a "fake" review. confirmed by 2 verified accounts on twitter. Now thats how insane these haters are. Its like some people just want to see it fail. No wonder DC fans hate Marvel fans they seriously disgusting.

Not that I care... but how would a couple of twitter accounts... verified or not... know if its fake or not.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, mredman said:

it was a "fake" review. confirmed by 2 verified accounts on twitter. Now thats how insane these haters are. Its like some people just want to see it fail. No wonder DC fans hate Marvel fans they seriously disgusting.

Man, DC fans would hate their own mothers if the latters didn't like BvS

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I don't mean to remind people of this, but the "positive" reactions on social media to BVS and SS were fan reactions. No media member, blogger or otherwise, really weighed in until just before those films opened.

Who knows how they'll react today. But I know how this forum will react. And it's going to be stupid.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ChipMunky said:

I don't mean to remind people of this, but the "positive" reactions on social media to BVS and SS were fan reactions. No media member, blogger or otherwise, really weighed in until just before those films opened.

Who knows how they'll react today. But I know how this forum will react. And it's going to be stupid.

yeah because there are CHILDISH people here that are such crazy people that want this to fail. I have no clue what is up with such people. Why do they get pleasure seeing what other people enjoy to fail. Thats just horrible selfish toxic people

• Like 2

Just now, mredman said:

yeah because there are CHILDISH people here that are such crazy people that want this to fail. I have no clue what is up with such people. Why do they get pleasure seeing what other people enjoy to fail. Thats just horrible selfish toxic people

No. It's both people who "want it to fail"?!?! and people who get ultra defensive over bad/negative reviews. People that don't like the film aren't doing so because they want it to fail. (well, most of them anyway)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Someone should do a West Side Story remake taking place at San Diego Comic Con starring DC vs Marvel neckbeards throwing random shit at each other, instead of you know, dancing.

"When you're a DC fan, you're a DC fan all the way!"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, raegr said:

I'm so anxious. One more horror! 

I think it's mixed.

Of course it will be mixed.  Some will like it... some will love it... some will hate it... some will troll it.

And just like every other CBM... it really doesn't matter.  

CBM fans and a segment of the GA will go see it OW no matter what the critics say ensuring a big OW.

Unless its F4 bad it will have typical legs and make a ton of money even if the critics don't love it.

No matter what the DCEU will continue...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Of course it will be mixed.  Some will like it... some will love it... some will hate it... some will troll it.

CBM fans and a segment of the GA will go see it OW no matter what the critics say ensuring a big OW.

Unless its F4 bad it will have typical legs and make a ton of money even if the critics don't love it.

I know. Damn ZADDY WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO DIVISIVE BABY?

7 minutes ago, raegr said:

I'm so anxious. One more horror! 

I think it's mixed.

from real people that have actually seen it. It cant be mixed or they would never have opened social media reactions 7 days before its release. There was none for BVS and SS. Only WW

2 minutes ago, mredman said:

from real people that have actually seen it. It cant be mixed or they would never have opened social media reactions 7 days before its release. There was none for BVS and SS. Only WW

You're right. Rip off the bandaid and let's go!

1 hour ago, TalismanRing said:

But can re-tweet the Bat-shit responses and pre-emptive threats? :lol:

No re-tweeting the truly vile ones though

Not healthy for the film community (wonder who they mean exactly by that) to compare recent film's ?

There is no such thing has judging film on their own in a vacuum of no other movies existing if you seen more than one, everything about everything is always relative to how well other did similar stuff, have you find a different fresh way to tell the hero journey told 7,000 times in the past and so on.

A critic job:

A critic, on the other hand, will spend less time reviewing content and more time placing the item in context with works of a similar nature so there is a basis of comparison for judgment. There is no point in judging a detective novel by the same standards that you would judge a book of poetry, or a Country music CD by those you’d use for an opera. Each of these has their own set of criteria that has been established by precedent over the years, and it is the critic’s job to understand enough about a genre to judge how well an individual piece fits within it.

This is even more important when dealing with pieces that are experimental in nature. A critic has to be able to understand not only what is being attempted, but also how well the attempt succeeds based on the norm that is being broken. A critic has to be able to inform his or her audience about any information that is pertinent to the item being critiqued.

Could you imagine people having issue with a videogame review of the new Gran Turismo comparing it to the previous entry or other racing simulator that were released since and is competition ?

A movie being 7/10 make only sense in context of the type of movie that get a 8, those who get a 4, etc... and it will change if the average quality of movies change significantly over time, there is no good movie without bad one, the word good would not make sense.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

No. It's both people who "want it to fail"?!?! and people who get ultra defensive over bad/negative reviews. People that don't like the film aren't doing so because they want it to fail. (well, most of them anyway)

Agreed.

17 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

There's nothing wrong with mixed reviews, many films have had them and made a ton of money, Spectre comes to mind as well as most recently Kingsman and critics didn't like The Hitman's Bodyguard but many on here including myself enjoyed it for what it was,