Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 minute ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

You're the one who says that 2.8B would only be "okay" for Avatar 2, so I imagine a scenario of under 2B would send you into screeching hibernation.

And no, it's not impossible. It was impossible for Ultron to drop under 1.5B WW or for TLJ to drop under 600M DOM... until it wasn't. Nothing is impossible at the box office.

Those movies were worse than the previous films and released within a few years of the previous. Aswell as not raising the bar. I can see A3 dropping 20% but not A2.

6 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Those movies were worse than the previous films and released within a few years of the previous. Aswell as not raising the bar. I can see A3 dropping 20% but not A2.

Yeah, and a few years after the previous means that the previous is still fresh in audiences' minds. Meanwhile, Avatar 2 is gonna be released 11 years after the 1st one. And no, it is not etched in pop culture enough to get over that.

Also, how do you know if A2 is gonna be better than A1? Have you seen the future and watched the movie already? I don't think it's that difficult to be better, but that's just me personally since I'm not a huge fan of A1; but to those who were big fans, there's no guarantee. Cameron's two sequels were great, but Aliens wasn't better than the 1st one (and both of those sequels' predecessors - Alien and The Terminator - are far more adored than Avatar).

But whatever, this conversation is like a broken record at this point.

• Like 1

@MCKillswitch123

Jim is always at the forefront of cinema, 11 years is a long time as you said. Imagin the sfx now, they'll be like nothing we've ever seen, just like Avatar in 2009.

I don't know if you know this but Avatar was pitched not as a stand alone film but as one of many. Jim spent over 4 years making these scripts with the help of 5+ handpicked screenwriters. He sat them down and went through the whole saga with them before telling them which film they were writing, this way they paying attention to overall meta narrative. After they had finished the scripts he spent a couple years redoing them himself, giving them that Jim magic. He's been quoted saying the stories are richer than he anticipated and that we'll shit ourselves with our mouths wide open. In the meantime while writing the scripts he had his design and tech team working overtime to improve the technology and create the new enviroments and creatures.

The preperation gone into these sagas is nothing like TLJ or Ultron, it's on completely another level. Also this is one of most impressive directors of all time working on this having already made a previous Avatar film. He knows exactly was he is doing and is one meticulous head mother fucker in charge.

My predictions on the box office are based on my absolute certainity that A2 will be an incredible film, which is an advantage I have over most on this site. I'm sure some of the older posters on this site will tell you to never doubt James Cameron, they know all too well the mans capabilties.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • ...wtf 1

15 hours ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

It does not take a genius to know how JL was gonna perform even way before it was released. Kevin knows how to do things. In Kevin we trust. 

Tell that to me and Brainiac, both of us expected it to out-open BVS and do a billion.

1 hour ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Please tell me that is a sarcastic tweet. A human being cannot be this moronic.

I suspect the tweet was meant to poke fun at the over the top fanboys, but I disagree the human beings cannot be that moronic. I have seen even more insane theories seriously proposed by hard core Conspiracy Kooks.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, WeneedtotalkaboutKevin said:

http://deadline.com/2018/01/matt-reeves-batman-netflix-war-for-the-planet-of-the-apes-mutiyear-first-look-deal-1202236198/

Feel good for Matt ! He can finally drop that sinking ship and make movies that are not required to be freaking 2 hours !  He deserves that !

Gives him an Out also if DCEU keeps his Batman movie too long in the wings 

• ...wtf 1

39 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The idiocy in this picture is worth a thousand words.

I haven't been paying attention to this synder cut drama but I have watched MoS, BvS, JL and the Avengers 1&2.

It is not universally agreeable that Justice League reeked of Joss Wheldon? Some terrible action sequences, horrible cinematography and an arm full of quips.

1 hour ago, IronJimbo said:

I haven't been paying attention to this synder cut drama but I have watched MoS, BvS, JL and the Avengers 1&2.

It is not universally agreeable that Justice League reeked of Joss Wheldon? Some terrible action sequences, horrible cinematography and an arm full of quips.

Yes, Justice League did have Joss Whedonisms all over it. That's not the problem.

The problem is that they are asking for a cut that wasn't released because, well, it doesn't exist. Snyder wasn't fired from the movie because WB saw the cut and they wanted to Suicide Squad the shit out of it; he left due to a horrible tragedy in the middle or near the end of production, and he didn't even have the film finished at that point. If these people want to see "the Snyder cut", what they will get is an incomplete film with parts of the movie straight up missing, as well as unfinished CGI, because Snyder hadn't either completed them, or he straight up hadn't shot them yet (that's where Whedon was going to step in, to complete Snyder's stuff at 1st... he then added his own flavor through the reshoots later).

Edited by MCKillswitch123
  • Like 2