Dementeleus

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

12 minutes ago, Mulder said:

Damn big execs worked for Disney before moving to a Comcast and WB owned company you got them alright.

I'm not saying there's some huge conspiracy, but it is a little weird, don't you think?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but one theory I do believe in most of the time is where there's smoke there's fire. A bunch of former Disney execs running Fandango? May not be some huge shady operation but there's smoke there.

Edited by JB33
  • Knock It Off 1

Just now, JB33 said:

I'm not saying there's some huge conspiracy, but it is a little weird, don't you think?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist but one theory I believe in most of the time is where there's smoke there's fire. A bunch of former Disney execs running Fandango? May not be some huge shady operation but there's smoke there.

No it's just how Hollywood works, like I posted before you they tend to switch companies all the time.

2 minutes ago, Mulder said:

No it's just how Hollywood works, like I posted before you they tend to switch companies all the time.

Okay, yeah. Just went over the corporate structure again. I wasn't taking into account that Universal owns 70% of Fandango and Warner Bros. owns 30%. For whatever reason I was seeing Fandango as a separate entity. You're right that studio execs go from studio to studio all the time.

Admittedly, that was a case of skimming the bold and not looking at the whole picture.

• Like 1

This is 100% genuine and not sarcastic:

I want to apologize for my part in getting the CM thread locked again. I must do better at ignoring political content. I'm trying LOL. One thing I will say in my defense is that I never take the lead in posting that stuff. I'm always responding. Either way, I'm making a promise that if I start going off on that stuff again I'll put a self-inflicted monthly ban into effect to get out of everyone's hair for awhile.

However, I will say that it should work both ways. People on the woke side of things going off with their political opinions should be equally as silent, not only to keep the discussion civil but also so as not to create the illusion that one political opinion is not more valid or acceptable than another.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Mulder said:

That's putting words in my mouth, but competition doesn't help competition and CEOs switch from company to company all the time. Michael Eisner went from Paramount to Disney, and Sony's current head worked at Fox. It doesn't mean there's some 'conspiracy' here when it's clear you're all still upset over Alita.

Oh, we have another telepath over here. Pot calling kettle black.

Nowhere did I say there was a conspiracy. What I said is there's a conspiracy theory based on what I posted. Try again.

(Still upset that your mod bootlicking didn't lock the Alita thread forever after trolling it).

Edited by dashrendar44
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dashrendar44 said:

Nowhere did I say there was a conspiracy. What I said is there's a conspiracy theory based on what I posted. Try again.

(Still upset that your mod bootlicking didn't lock the Alita thread forever after trolling it).

That's not really what the conspiracy theory is based on, you're the first person I've even seen bring up the Disney execs being at Fandango as well. Also I'm not really upset at all and I never trolled it unless not being positive on Alita's box office is trolling now.

24 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

If Shazam ends it being the better reviewed and superior film over Cap Marvel we can be looking at several thread locks.

Well, it's social media embargo is up on Thursday so we'll start to get some idea, but I'm done taking them for granted after the Aquaman fiasco where it just kept dropping on review day.

I actually think it will be pretty close either way.  I think both will be in the 80's and around 7/10.

7 minutes ago, Mulder said:

you're the first person I've even seen bring up the Disney execs being at Fandango as wel

Saw it through filmgob.

23 minutes ago, Warmaster506 said:

If Shazam ends it being the better reviewed and superior film over Cap Marvel we can be looking at several thread locks.

Too many similar comic movies this year.

Shazam was once Captain Marvel.

Dark Phoenix is also about a female super with berserker rage.

Far From Home vs Shazam

Hellboy is yet another dude in red.

You change either bcs you rise too slowly in your actual company (incl money earned), and seek for new challenges. If you already got a certain 'height', usually a change means faster more money too.

Or you are a fast riser, but something changes, you feel either unhappy about the changes, are not happy with the job you do there instead, or feel like your bosses associate you with a former project in a way you do not like or.....

I'll repost this, as it shows how ppl change workplaces, especially in the media world.

In this case the actual AOL / Warner Media / HBO .... restructuring meant, that one big 'baby' (I think it was Machinima) of him got taken away from WB and added to another part of the new owner. Hence why he probably started to think about a change.

Do ppl here remember this news?

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/craig-hunegs-warner-bros-tv-group-exit-1203085960/

It was about Craig Hunegs leaving after ~ 20y+ WB around the end of the year 2018, with him planing a time out period

Guess who gobbled him up:

Hunegs is taking on a newly created position that will serve as a layer between Walden and the heads of the various Disney-owned TV studios, who had been previously announced as reporting to her. Reporting to Hunegs, once he assumes this role, will be ABC Studios President, Patrick Moran; 20th TV Presidents, Jonathan Davis and Howard Kurtzman; and, Bert Salke, President, Fox 21 Television Studios.

Hunegs, who most recently served as President, Business and Strategy, Warner Bros. TV Group and President, Warner Bros. Digital Networks, comes from a business background, similar to that of Walden’s longtime partner at Fox, Gary Newman. Hunegs’ appointment is the first step towards consolidating the sibling studio divisions which are expected to function autonomously for the near future. He is expected to referee any potential conflicts that could arise among the studios as they adjust to their new environment as corporate siblings.

Hunegs’ arrival comes at a time of unprecedented upheaval in the TV business with deals getting harder to make and prices for talent escalating.

Hunegs left Warner Bros. at the end of 2018 after 20 years. He was the founding President of Warner Bros. Digital Networks, which launched in June 2016, and led the build-out of Warner Bros.’ OTT services. Included in Warner Bros. Digital Network’s portfolio are OTT services DC Universe and Boomerang; the gamer network Machinima; the digital-native production company Stage 13; Uninterrupted (a partnership with LeBron James and Maverick Carter); and Ellen Digital Ventures (a partnership with Ellen DeGeneres).

Previously, Hunegs served as EVP, Warner Bros. Television Group from 2006-13, where he helped orchestrate broad licensing partnerships with Netflix and Hulu, the formation of new linear and on-demand distribution windows, the acquisitions of Alloy Entertainment and Shed Media and was involved in the creation of The CW network whose board Hunegs was a member of.

Reporting to Hunegs, once he assumes this role, will be ABC Studios President, Patrick Moran; 20th TV Presidents, Jonathan Davis and Howard Kurtzman; and, Bert Salke, President, Fox 21 Television Studios.

Former... Hulu, Netflix contracts, creator of dicital output in a way...

= Disney+ ???

https://deadline.com/2019/03/craig-hunegs-named-president-disney-television-studios-1202569914/

I am very wary/sceptical about all the changes at WB / HBO, but also at Disney/FOX

To read up on details then and now at different websites might give some insight some might find interesting.

8 hours ago, dashrendar44 said:

Poor reading comprehension, telepathy, and mod worship all seem to go hand in hand around these parts. :hahaha:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I really want to post something that is in Captain Marvel and that is tangentially linked to Alita although it involves firmly securing your tin foil hat and is technically a spoiler but doesn’t really spoil anything. 

• Haha 1

Wonder Woman was so original !

Man of Steel  too !

And Suicide Squad OMG such originality !

Logan was so unique !!!!

But wait Aquaman so creative !!!

Captain Marvel s story telling is more unique than all of the above films.

• Thanks 1
  • Knock It Off 1

2 hours ago, DeeCee said:

I really want to post something that is in Captain Marvel and that is tangentially linked to Alita although it involves firmly securing your tin foil hat and is technically a spoiler but doesn’t really spoil anything. 

DM me I’m curious and strangely immune to spoilers (my superpower after someone spoiled Titanic sinks and I loved the movie anyway).

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, JB33 said:

Okay, yeah. Just went over the corporate structure again. I wasn't taking into account that Universal owns 70% of Fandango and Warner Bros. owns 30%. For whatever reason I was seeing Fandango as a separate entity. You're right that studio execs go from studio to studio all the time.

I don't think it really even matters who owns Fandango (apart from "no one" that is).  They're in the business of selling movie tickets, for movies of every studio.  If one of their own subsidiaries is showing signs of becoming a playground for organized efforts to adversely impact the sale of tickets for big budget franchise films, they're gonna have an interest in closing that off before one of these campaigns manages to have some discernible level of success.

• Thanks 1