Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

With the Joker shit happening, it seems like people forgot when the US Air Force and Disney intentionally used a major superhero movie earlier this year to recruit people (especially impressionable young girls) to kill random foreigners.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rebeccas said:

Concerns about Joker are valid. It’s a clear riff off Taxi Driver, which is literally the most famous example ever of a film directly inspiring real life violence, in addition to the whole Aurora stuff, which just adds fuel to the fire. I mean, if someone had shot up a theater at a John Wick screening and a previous would be assassin said he was inspired by The Matrix, I think security would be pretty heightened for John Wick 4. 

He never said he was inspired by the Joker or TDK though.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

Yeah I'm gonna out money on "journalists and film critics want people to be murdered because they didn't like a movie" to be a thing that isn't fucking even remotely a sane thing to say. Jesus christ, get a fucking grip.

The Department of Defense isn't out to get DC Comics. Negative opinions and reviews are not a conspiracy to orchestrate a massacre for article clicks. What the fuck is wrong with you people?

Jeeesus, and I thought the "Marvel pays critics to hate DC movies" conspiracy was dumb but now we have "journalists are trying to orchestrate terrorist attacks to make WB look bad"??????????

The FBI are all Disney shills tbh

5 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

To me it seems as though the media has created a self fulfilling prophecy here.

If they just treated this like a normal movie I reckon the chances of a shooting happening would be much lower.

Nothing will happen it's all marketing of one kind or another.

7 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

To me it seems as though the media has created a self fulfilling prophecy here.

If they just treated this like a normal movie I reckon the chances of a shooting happening would be much lower.

Gun reform does that too. Only happens this frequently in America. Shockingly I felt super safe in Cambridge UK but it's a reality that nowhere really is safe ATM in America. The risk is small but present everywhere. 

On 9/25/2019 at 11:34 PM, Hades said:

Lords Feige to oversee failed/failing Disney properties like The Muppets, Pirates franchise,ABC, ESPN, Disney parks,  Marvel tv, Marvel comics, Fox studios, etc because why the hell not?

Disney is set up to crush it. Netflix is is serious trouble cost wise. Sony just revealed the worst CBM slate ever.

2 minutes ago, Menor said:

Nah. June 25 to July 16 is plenty of time for Batman to make its money.

I didn’t notice the release date. I assumed it was going to be released at the beginning of July. Still, this means there will be three CBMs in the span of less than two months. 

16 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I didn’t notice the release date. I assumed it was going to be released at the beginning of July. Still, this means there will be three CBMs in the span of less than two months. 

As long as there is decent space between each one I don't think it'll be a big issue. Batman and Spider-Man are guaranteed hits, Suicide Squad may suffer but I think it'll do well.

On 8/18/2019 at 5:59 PM, Thanos Legion said:

Batman will open under Thor, SM3 if it comes out 2021, and possibly Shang-Chi or DS2 but it’s harder to tell about those at this point. 

On 8/20/2019 at 3:55 PM, TMP said:

I'll take posts that aged poorly for $500.... looks like @excel1 was right, Batman's back to being top dog of the 2021 funnybook crowd

On 8/20/2019 at 4:05 PM, Thanos Legion said:

Bolded part certainly like 100 year old milk, if they can’t get Spidey negotiations back on track. Thor4 is still most anticipated 2021 CBM but Batman would be in the running for 2nd.

:)    

• Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

7 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

With the Joker shit happening, it seems like people forgot when the US Air Force and Disney intentionally used a major superhero movie earlier this year to recruit people (especially impressionable young girls) to kill random foreigners.

Lol aliens from outer space. This is like saying thanos inspired people to destroy the planet. Delusional. Joker is much closer to what actually happens.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

If Joker opens over $100m then I still think Batman will be the biggest funnybook film of 2021 in terms of opening weekend

It may be, it may be. That’s still 2 years away, I won’t pretend that anything is for sure.       

But I’d rather see this 2021 CBM OW ranking: 

Batman

TSS

SM3

Thor4

DS2

Shang-Chi    

Than this one:   

Thor4

DS2

Batman

Shang-Chi

TSS     

29 minutes ago, Menor said:

As long as there is decent space between each one I don't think it'll be a big issue. Batman and Spider-Man are guaranteed hits, Suicide Squad may suffer but I think it'll do well.

But there isn’t decent space between them. Again, it’s three movies coming out in the span of less than two months.