Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

30 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

wait what i thought the Cameron stans all ragequit when Avatar got Thanos snapped?  admittedly haven't checked that on the lot thread in awhile

just like in the movie, the snap didn't have any real stakes and will be reverted once Avatar re-releases :hahaha:

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

If Cameron asks for something it's not like Disney will just say "NO". 

This is true, but I doubt Cameron cares about re-releasing Avatar. He didn’t seem too upset about Avengers: Endgame passing Avatar. He seems more concerned with not having any more delays on Avatar 2. Disney, otoh, has to figure out if they want to put Avatar on Disney+ or hold it back so they can theatrically re-release it. 

8 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

just like in the movie, the snap didn't have any real stakes and will be reverted once Avatar re-releases :hahaha:

Tell that to the people who died in plane and car crashes, or the people who died because their doctors disappeared in the middle of their procedures. :whosad:

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Walt Disney said:

This is true, but I doubt Cameron cares about re-releasing Avatar. He didn’t seem too upset about Avengers: Endgame passing Avatar. He seems more concerned with not having any more delays on Avatar 2. Disney, otoh, has to figure out if they want to put Avatar on Disney+ or hold it back so they can theatrically re-release it. 

Record breaking shit aside, it just seems like the most no-brainer re-release ever. 10 years anniversary, highest grossing movie for about 10 years, sequels coming, movie known primarily as a theater experience, what else do you need? It just seems weird to even consider it wouldn't get re-released in some capacity in theaters. Cameron has said again how he's all about the big screen, I feel like it would be some kind of gut punch to have it barred from theaters and kept exclusively for a streaming service.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alexdube said:

Record breaking shit aside, it just seems like the most no-brainer re-release ever

I would argue that was during the 2010-2012/13 3D release printing easy money era and before VHS, it depend on much you spent on it why not  pretty much all popular movie get some.

But do we remember Dark Knight 10 year's special release, Lords of the Rings 10 year's re-release or Titanic 10 year's/20 year's re-release ?

Even if it happen (like for those movies above), chance are it will be limited release to a specific chain (possibly IMAX exclusive), for a week type of affair. If it has no remaster, no 3D conversion it is hard to make any noise (and now even with those), Avatar has the chance of 3D to never having catched up on video and considered must see once 3D experience that people would probably like to catch on if they missed it that other title didn't had too.

Edited by Barnack

Moderation

Seriously, NO MORE. 

Regards

BOT Staff

• Like 2

1 hour ago, infamous5445 said:

Moderation required in a thread full of fanboys. Whoever could have seen that coming.

Quality meta post as usual

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Panda said:

Surprised there is not more incel rage around joker

Movie is not released yet. So wait for it 😑😌

On 9/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, HeadShot said:

https://www.the-numbers.com/weekly-video-sales-chart

I don't understand why this movie is performing similarly to TLJ on home media. :gold:

Beat TLJ by like 38% in box office. Looks on track to beat it by maybe 15% in comb physical video sales. Seems quite impressive to me considering about a year and a half in between and physical sales should be on a downward trend.

3 hours ago, Thanos Legion said:

Beat TLJ by like 38% in box office. Looks on track to beat it by maybe 15% in comb physical video sales. Seems quite impressive to me considering about a year and a half in between and physical sales should be on a downward trend.

AIW started a bit behind TLJ and is now almost 22% ahead of it in hard media sales.

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Avengers-Infinity-War#tab=video-sales

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Star-Wars-Ep-VIII-The-Last-Jedi#tab=video-sales

I expect AEG to increase it's lead as well since it's already ahead of AIW by almost 14% after two weeks

https://www.the-numbers.com/movie/Avengers-Endgame-(2019)#tab=video-sales

SW as a franchise also skews older than MCU so a greater % of hard media sales v digital as compared to the MCU.  Disney's biggest sellers on digital or at least their record breakers over the past 2 years have have been MCU movies - GOTG2, then AIW and now AEG.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

A couple months until the Avatar re release, dread it marvel drones

Are you saying there is a re-release scheduled for November/December of this year?

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

A couple months until the Avatar re release, dread it marvel drones

dang I didn't know it was actually happening, I thought it was just something you were hoping/wishing would happen

I would be thrilled to see Avatar on the big screen again. Bring on another Titanic re-release too. T2 was awesome 2 years ago!

15 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Wait, Avatar actually is getting a re-release? Where has that been reported? 

It's been reported if being repeated by Jimbo over and over for several months equates to reporting

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1