Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

23 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Funny how there's so many actresses in the industry who are also great at their job that don't abuse their cast. Hell Heath Ledger didn't cause problems or pull stupid bullshit like Phoenix and Leto have become known for. Being an asshole "for teh artz" doesn't get you a pass for being an unprofessional shithead. People need to stop glorifilying unprofessional horseshit as being a deep savant.

How is Phoenix walking off set comparable to Leto’s reported antics? 

yeah, this is literally the thread that was created to house the shitty annoying posts that were ruining other threads. so it's to be expected i guess. though the fact that we've let it get to over 1000 pages says nothing good about our character.

2 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

But you were caught up on it. Also what race is he? Asian (as in the same part where Reeves originates from)? Because Ruska Romanis aren't Asian. They literally don't originate from East Asia.

No, it wasn't about John Wick. It was about Joker not being viewed the same as any other movie that features violence. He talks about John Wick because that's a recent movie that glamorises violence. And he means viewed by people who HAVEN'T seen the movie. He is talking about the people who have called the movie dangerous without having seen the movie. You're entirely argument isn't a rebuttal to what Philips said. It has nothing to do with what he said.

Here's what I know 1) Keanu is not white 2) the Wick movies do not confirm that Wick is white. 3) Phillips evoked Wick to make some point about how his movie is receiving unfair treatment and that was just dumb. So you have no point and Phillips should just shut up. The end. 

Just now, Ororo Munroe said:

Here's what I know 1) Keanu is not white 2) the Wick movies do not confirm that Wick is white. 3) Phillips evoked Wick to make some point about how his movie is receiving unfair treatment and that was just dumb. So you have no point and Phillips should just shut up. The end. 

So you don't know enough about the argument he was making. What was the point of "calling him out" then? 

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Being a mess is the whole point of this thread, though, so there’s that. 

This is, indeed, the only saving grace in this thread being a constant dumpster fire.     

Though there was that one time it got totally derailed and talked about good anime for like three pages. That was good times.

7 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Ha. I read what he said and it was dumb no matter how you try to spin it. 

How is it dumb to criticise people who haven't seen the movie who are calling the movie dangerous and a glorification of violence. That was his argument. What's so dumb about that? I don't believe you have read what he said and just read that John Wick sentence out of context of everything else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Funny how there's so many actresses in the industry who are also great at their job that don't abuse their cast. Hell Heath Ledger didn't cause problems or pull stupid bullshit like Phoenix and Leto have become known for. Being an asshole "for teh artz" doesn't get you a pass for being an unprofessional shithead. People need to stop glorifilying unprofessional horseshit as being a deep savant.

Yet Phoenix by all accounts is a great person to work with. You are making it seem that a well-respected actor is a diva. Dig deeper.

35 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

Speaking of anime i finally watched Dragon ball Super Broly last night. it was ok. fight was cool but got a little monotonous after awhile. as usual my boy frieza was the best part.

I'm not up to date on anime voice actors so I was like, "whoever's voicing Broly is doing a great job," and, of course, the voice actor was Vic Mignogna, who's gonna be lucky if he ever gets voice work ever again.

But yeah, I agree, it was definitely cool but a little monotous by the end.

17 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

How is it dumb to criticise people who haven't seen the movie who are calling the movie dangerous and a glorification of violence. That was his argument. What's so dumb about that? I don't believe you have read what he said and just read that John Wick sentence out of context of everything else.

Lol at "out of context." This is a direct quote from Phillips. 

“The movie still takes place in a fictional world. It can have real-world invocations, options, but it’s a fictional character in a fictional world that’s been around for 80 years. The one that bugs me more is the toxic white male thing when you go, oh I just saw John Wick 3. He’s a white male who kills 300 people and everybody’s laughing and hooting and hollering. Why does this movie get held to different standards? It honestly doesn’t make sense to me.”

What am I missing here? Pray tell. 

It doesn't make sense to him that a typical action movie is not held to the same standard as his "real movie" aiming for social commentary. Lol Of all the directors to be an apologist for, you've chosen Todd Phillips. How dreadful. 

5 minutes ago, SLAM! said:

I'm not up to date on anime voice actors so I was like, "whoever's voicing Broly is doing a great job," and, of course, the voice actor was Vic Mignogna, who's gonna be lucky if he ever gets voice work ever again.

But yeah, I agree, it was definitely cool but a little monotous by the end.

Dunno who that is. As a man of culture I watched the subs.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Yet Phoenix by all accounts is a great person to work with. You are making it seem that a well-respected actor is a diva. Dig deeper.

I don’t know if I’d say that he’s a great person to work with, but I haven’t heard stories of him being a diva like I’ve heard about Jared Leto. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lol at "out of context." This is a direct quote from Phillips. 

“The movie still takes place in a fictional world. It can have real-world invocations, options, but it’s a fictional character in a fictional world that’s been around for 80 years. The one that bugs me more is the toxic white male thing when you go, oh I just saw John Wick 3. He’s a white male who kills 300 people and everybody’s laughing and hooting and hollering. Why does this movie get held to different standards? It honestly doesn’t make sense to me.”

What am I missing here? Pray tell. 

It doesn't make sense to him that a typical action movie is not held to the same standard as his "real movie" aiming for social commentary. Lol Of all the directors to be an apologist for, you've chosen Todd Phillips. How dreadful. 

Except he only used Wick as an example of violence. Switch it to A Clockwork Orange, anything and his argument doesn't change. You literally didn't read the second sentence. Philips isn't saying that the movie is being held to different standards critically. He is saying they are held to different standards in terms of how they are seen in terms of how dangerous they are. Just like with John Wick, this movie is set in a fictional world. Why the hell would there be any real life implications? That's why he says "real world invocations". And to add even more context, here's another interview (I actually thought the John Wick part was part of this interview so I thought you would have read all the stuff in this interview already so my bad) where he adds more onto that: https://www.thewrap.com/joker-director-todd-phillips-rebuffs-criticism-of-dark-tone-we-didnt-make-the-movie-to-push-buttons-exclusive/

His problem isn't with one movie being seen as an action movie but another is seen a drama with social commentary.  But that one is being seen as dangerous and the other isn't. That one is thought to have real world implications and effects while the other won't. That is literally the same argument the right makes about video games. And let me add this again, this criticism is from people WHO HAVEN'T SEEN THAT MOVIE (capitalised and emboldened that because you miss that point every time).

And yeah, I would give any filmmaker a fair chance. I don't even like most of his work but I'm at least willing to give this a shot because it's different from his previous movies.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

Our media and punditry class are centered around profits, and nothing drives profits better than conflict, controversy, and hyperbole whether its bullshit or not.  This ridiculous fear mongering and concern troll controversy is just one of their latest cash cows.

Honestly I'm not even sure an incel is a real thing, or at the very least its a much, MUCH rarer thing than assumed where you actually did get dealt a shitty hand with genes(and why do people always assume its just white dudes?).   This incel shit sounds to me like people who just don't give a shit about personal hygiene, how they dress, what they eat, or ever lifting a weight or jogging in their lives.  Am I saying anyone can bang a perfect 10?  Of course not, but if you care about those things and get some social skills, I promise you're not gonna go the rest of your life without getting some vag

• Thanks 2