Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Just now, The Chad DC said:

Oh please do enlighten me. I haven't had a good laugh with this thread since Walt Disney wilded out.

Oh I was just kidding. You may have preferences, I just wanted to make a similar joke... 😃😊

12 minutes ago, Nero said:

Random take : Your take is Suicide Squad level bad.

The best part about endgame being #1(besides making most of the Cameron troll gang quit the forums) is Avatar loons calling it terrible when they've said for 10 straight years the only way you can make 2.7 billion dollars is by having a great movie that connects with people in a profound way.  That was always their go-to autopilot defense whenever Avatar got shit on.  And now they turn around and call endgame terrible or soulless assembly line production.  Its so great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

It is still pretty amazing that some bloggers and critics have managed to manufacture a panic about mass shootings out of literally nothing, in just a couple of weeks. First it was "This movie could create mass shooters in the future", then it quickly became "Gangs of incels are going to attack next weekend!".

At this point you have to talk about DC Derangement Syndrome for some people, because it is very unlikely that they would have reacted in this bizarre way to any other movie winning the Golden Lion.

(Of course, this fact only applies to American critics and bloggers)

• Like 1

18 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

Random take: Infinity war's plot was video game level bad.

Could be way worse.

Imagine if IW s plot was described as

Grounded

:puke:

or

Transcending the genre

:puke:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

18 hours ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Uhh, that was not the point. It's about the fact that Joker isn't as unique as you seem to think it is. And yeah, I think we know enough about Joker for people to offer certain criticisms. If we only had thoughts or criticisms of movies after we've watched them, a lot of threads on this forum would be dead as hell. 

I think the Joker looks really good, but agree it is not quite as original as some of the comic book geeks think.

"Taxi Driver" "King Of Comedy" and "Falling Down" come to mind in the "someone badly used by society who snaps" area.

8 hours ago, TMP said:

No it's not, it was a two week threadban

Hey, my ban was supposed to be lifted in late August and here we are almost at the beginning of October and I still can't post in the Joker thread. Not that I even care at this point because I would likely just get banned again. 😂

Edited by Ororo Munroe

On 9/29/2019 at 8:53 PM, Ozymandias said:

The best part about endgame being #1(besides making most of the Cameron troll gang quit the forums) is Avatar loons calling it terrible when they've said for 10 straight years the only way you can make 2.7 billion dollars is by having a great movie that connects with people in a profound way.  That was always their go-to autopilot defense whenever Avatar got shit on.  And now they turn around and call endgame terrible or soulless assembly line production.  Its so great.

Now that you mention it, I haven't seen any Cameron loons (other than Jimbo) at all for a while. It's like they all vanished as soon as JCS was outed.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It is still pretty amazing that some bloggers and critics have managed to manufacture a panic about mass shootings out of literally nothing, in just a couple of weeks. First it was "This movie could create mass shooters in the future", then it quickly became "Gangs of incels are going to attack next weekend!".

At this point you have to talk about DC Derangement Syndrome for some people, because it is very unlikely that they would have reacted in this bizarre way to any other movie winning the Golden Lion.

(Of course, this fact only applies to American critics and bloggers)

I mean the concerns with the movie well predate it winning the Golden Lion (nor is that win the cause of it). And like with Shazam, and Wonder Woman, and Aquaman, and BvS, and Suicide Squad, or any other time any movie DC has made has received negative reviews (even including when the general response is clearly mostly positive) and fans immediately shit their pants in outrage, there isn't some secret plot against DC. It's not a conspiracy.

Edited by SpiderByte

Unsurprisingly Todd Phillips is one of those stupid "You can't say whatever you want in this PC culture anymore because of the SJWs!" Kind of guys.

EFyufOdX0AAZaFS?format=jpg&name=medium

It's amazing how people still think this is a thing. Comedians complain all the time about how you "can't say this/that anymore" (usually things that are just straight up bigotry), usually while saying exactly those things in their highly paid comedy specials. Louis CK literally masturbates in front of people and he STILL does standup. They want to think they're George Carlin but they don't actually remember what Carlin was actually like. 

Shockingly the man who inflicted the Hangover trilogy on the world doesn't know what makes good comedy.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Thanks 1

Todd is absolutely right, James Gunn was fired after a bunch of edgy jokes on twitter and he's not the only example of that. But @SpiderByte still tries to find stupid excuses to shit on the movie and Phillips/Phoenix.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 1

10 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Todd is absolutely right, James Gunn was fired after a bunch of edgy jokes on twitter years ago and he's not the only example of that. But @SpiderByte still tries to find stupid excuses to shit on the movie and Phillips/Phoenix.

He was fired because Disney didn't want that in the press leading up to the Fox merger, amplified by anti-SJW/Breitbart/alt right folk because of Gunn's opinions on Trump. His tweets was already reported in 2012 when he was hired for the first Guardians. AND he's still directing Guardians 3 anyway along with Suicide Squad.

How exactly is Gunn "cancelled"? He went from directing one tentpole to directing two tentpoles. The "PC police" didn't get him fired, unless you consider Jack Posobiec to be an SJW.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

He was fired because Disney didn't want that in the press leading up to the Fox merger, amplified by anti-SJW/Breitbart/alt right folk because of Gunn's opinions on Trump. His tweets was already reported in 2012 when he was hired for the first Guardians. AND he's still directing Guardians 3 anyway along with Suicide Squad.

How exactly is Gunn "cancelled"? He went from directing one tentpole to directing two tentpoles. The "PC police" didn't get him fired, unless you consider Jack Posobiec to be an SJW.

That all happened after the dust settled, but the initial reaction wasn't just about Fox merger, they acted like they were completely surprised and fired him instantly. Nobody cared about twitter and "PC/Woke culture" in 2012, so of course nobody cared about those tweets back then, but right now it's completely different, the only reason Gunn's carreer survived this is because he was far left, basically the entire industry defended him, you can't say the same thing about fired people from the opposite political side.

Edited by Firepower

14 minutes ago, Firepower said:

you can't say the same thing about fired people from the opposite political side.

Like fucking who? You mean like Mel Gibson, who just a few years ago was in a family comedy movie and had a movie with major awards consideration? Like Shane Gillis, who's made more press than he has in his entire career by being fired from SNL for being racist on his podcast? Like Donald Trump, who went from hosting The Apprentice to being the fucking President after multiple rape allegations, including walking in on underage girls undressing?

6 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Like fucking who? You mean like Mel Gibson, who just a few years ago was in a family comedy movie and had a movie with major awards consideration? Like Shane Gillis, who's made more press than he has in his entire career by being fired from SNL for being racist on his podcast? Like Donald Trump, who went from hosting The Apprentice to being the fucking President after multiple rape allegations, including walking in on underage girls undressing?

The whole "woke culture" thing happened after Trump. What about Roseanne?