Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

53 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

You are pretending clickbait reviews dont exist lol 

I never said they didn't exist. I just don't believe that there is some broad, concerted agenda to add politics into a movie that invites political criticism. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Aaaand...Joker just dipped below 70%. 

Joker and Jojo Rabbit have the opposite trajectory. Joker is dipping with critics and Jojo is rising. Once Jojo wins Picture, everyone will be screaming that Joker should have won (and it likely won't even be nominated). Like TDK year but with worse reviewed movies on both side (Joker reviews <<<<TDK reviews, Jojo reviews <<<< Slumdog reviews). 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Joker and Jojo Rabbit have the opposite trajectory. Joker is dipping with critics and Jojo is rising. Once Jojo wins Picture, everyone will be screaming that Joker should have won (and it likely won't even be nominated). Like TDK year but with worse reviewed movies on both side (Joker reviews <<<<TDK reviews, Jojo reviews <<<< Slumdog reviews). 

Jojo should dip down as more reviews come in. And I don't see Joker not making it in. There's too much controversy and it's a crowd pleasing film.

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

I didn’t even think about it before, but now that you mention it, I actually think that Jojo Rabbit really does have a good chance of winning Best Picture. I’m certainly not expecting the Academy to give it to The Irishman, what with it being a Netflix film and all. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I didn’t even think about it before, but now that you mention it, I actually think that Jojo Rabbit really does have a good chance of winning Best Picture. I’m certainly not expecting the Academy to give it to The Irishman, what with it being a Netflix film and all. 

If not Irishman then it'll go to OUATIH. That was a really beautiful/introspective movie that I wasn't expecting from Quentin, and I'd be surprised if the Academy didn't fall in love with it. Marriage Story is more likely than Jojo too

2 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Lmao. No. Joker is not an Oscar friendly movie. Without stellar reviews, it was always going to struggle to even get a nomination. It needs to be a big box office hit to have much of a chance now. 

I have to say, seeing RT give it the certified fresh label after witholding it for so long and then to take it away a day later... comical. 

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

@Ororo Munroe. You were right. The movie does have nothing interesting to say. It even has Fleck saying "I'm not political". Philips was too much of a pussy to say anything interesting and took the boring centrist route.

lol i don't think any take on the joker has revealed which political party he is registered with.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

If not Irishman then it'll go to OUATIH. That was a really beautiful/introspective movie that I wasn't expecting from Quentin, and I'd be surprised if the Academy didn't fall in love with it. Marriage Story is more likely than Jojo too

I suppose OUATIH does have the advantage of actually taking place in 1960s Hollywood, but I still have a feeling that Jojo Rabbit will win for the same reason that Green Book did. Of course, I haven’t seen the movie yet, but it’s a PG-13 movie about why bigotry is bad, so that’s something it has in common with GB. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

lol i don't think any take on the joker has revealed which political party he is registered with.

What party would he even be associated with any way? Joker (any version) strikes me as someone who wouldn't vote or would just write himself in for the lolz if he even reached the poll.

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

And you're a sad troll who has nothing better to do than to bitch about whatever gets your hate boner up at the given moment just to get a reaction. You even admitted such yourself in the Game of Thrones thread months ago. Find a new hobby, man.

And you all do is put anyone that disagrees with you as:

Racist

Sexist 

Or is a basement dweller.

Lol

Edited by Lordmandeep

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Yeah, Jojo's gonna be King Speech to Irishman's Social Network or any other combo of feelgood movie beating a legit masterpiece. 

@lorddemaxus I think that Jojo will actually go up when critics who are not festival highbrow crowd chime in. 

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

No, I mean that was Philips voicing his own intention to the audience. I took it as Philips basically telling the audience that the he didn't want to take a side of have a message in this film. 

3 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Lmao. No. Joker is not an Oscar friendly movie. Without stellar reviews, it was always going to struggle to even get a nomination. It needs to be a big box office hit to have much of a chance now. 

Joker is certainly an Oscar friendly movie. It's gonna do well with in the nternational awards, the guilds and with the HFPA (which is why Bohemian Rhapsody, Vice, and Green Book became competitors last year with zero critics support).

Just now, filmlover said:

What party would he even be associated with any way? Joker (any version) strikes me as someone who wouldn't vote or would just write himself in for the lolz if he even reached the poll.

joker does an evil laugh as he writes harambe on the ballot paper. truly the clown prince of crime has committed another fiendish prank against the citizens of gotham.

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

And you all do is put anyone that disagrees with you as:

Racist

Sexist 

Or is a basement dweller.

Lol

Image result for keep telling yourself that gif

And with that, I'm done. The release of Joker has already inspired enough drama. Now let's all just sit back and relax and watch as the movie rakes in all the money this weekend without a hitch.

• Haha 1