Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't really give a shit what Scorcese thinks. The MCU is one of the things that regularly gets me excited to go to the theaters and the films stick with me a lot more than supposedly "higher" cinema. So he can say what he wants but to me it's definitely not "just a theme park ride".

it's just popcorn friend, doesn't do make you think just releases simple endorphins. I know plenty of people who get excited to eat popcorn, pretty sad if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't really give a shit what Scorcese thinks. The MCU is one of the things that regularly gets me excited to go to the theaters and the films stick with me a lot more than supposedly "higher" cinema. So he can say what he wants but to me it's definitely not "just a theme park ride".

That sounds like what someone would say before going into a theme park ride.

And I'm pretty sure he shares the same sentiments about DC, Harry Potter, the new Star Wars films, Disney remakes, Fast and Furious, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, lorddemaxus said:

And I'm pretty sure he shares the same sentiments about DC, Harry Potter, the new Star Wars films, Disney remakes, Fast and Furious, etc.

This is why the JCU stands above all.

4 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

it's just popcorn friend, doesn't do make you think just releases simple endorphins. I know plenty of people who get excited to eat popcorn, pretty sad if you ask me.

To you, not to me. It's impressive how the concept of subjectivity flies over the heads of so many who love "intellectual, psychologically deep" cinema.

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

Hence why I included "and they stick with me more than other movies". Not sure why so many people have an urge to "correct" other people's enjoyment of a thing by trying to redefine it.

Edited by Menor

It's not the place of fanboys to argue about this. With that said, James Gunn nailed this one:

Class act.

Edited by Zatt was right
  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

5 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

It's not the place of fanboys to argue about this. With that said, James Gunn nailed this one:

Class act.

James I think it would be better for your mental health if he doesn't watch your film, you won't get the result you're hoping for.

8 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

Class act.

😂

Also Scorsese point remains. 60% of the mcu is not real cinema. So isn't suicide squad nor josstice league for mcu stans about to troll me. Other movies such as Guardians and Avengers are exceptions, but I don't expect Scorsese to know these.

Edited by The Chad DC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, RealLyre said:

And yet, he ran & went with his tail between his legs to Netflix because no real cinema studio would waste big money on one of his movies :bagoverhead:

Imagine equating box office to quality. Don't doubt Scorsese and his thoughts. He's spent decades defining cinema. Put some respect on his name. Forget your fanboying.

Edited by The Chad DC

5 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

Class act.

Lol when I click on the tweets or his profile these tweets are gone, which means he deleted them which means he probably realised comparing Scorsese not liking superhero movies to the Christians that were literally setting fire to cinemas showing last temptation of Christ is a tiny bit dramatic.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, The Chad DC said:

😂

Also Scorsese point remains. 60% of the mcu is not real cinema. Other movies such as Guardians and Avengers are exceptions, but I don't expect Scorsese to know these.

And who decides what's "real cinema"? The term itself means a movie, which MCU obviously fits. And then saying that they don't convey "emotional, psychological experiences" is plainly incorrect too. It's not just his problem but a lot of people seem very comfortable assuming that their experience = everyone else's.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

that sounds like someone is jealous that franchise films get people to go to the movies while real cinema keeps them at home. 

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

Lol when I click on the tweets or his profile these tweets are gone, which means he deleted them which means he probably realised comparing Scorsese not liking superhero movies to the Christians that were literally setting fire to cinemas showing last temptation of Christ is a tiny bit dramatic.

The tweet still exists. 

12 minutes ago, Zatt was right said:

Class act.

Scorsese responded:

"Who's James Gunn?"

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

nah

• Thanks 1

Lol they were gone but they came back.

anyway I’m glad James Gunn got uncancelled so he can continue to be annoying on Twitter.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

There was a typo, so he fixed and posted again, so I updated my post. Gunn raised a great point, you agreeing with him or not.

1 minute ago, Menor said:

And who decides what's "real cinema"? The term itself means a movie, which MCU obviously fits. And then saying that they don't convey "emotional, psychological experiences" is plainly incorrect too. It's not just his problem but a lot of people seem very comfortable assuming that their experience = everyone else's.

I think after decades of shaping cinema and infleucing a generation of filmmakers, Scorsese would???? Lol.

And sure the experiences differ. Scorsese and I believe from experience that most mcu movies offer nothing. Even suicide squad offers nothing. That it isn't real cinema, or at least to me, meaningful or influential. Scorsese is one of the greatest directors of all time. From his experience (which is greater than all of ours combined), mcu movies are incomparable to real cinema such as taxi driver the departed etc.

You can't judge him for that. Disagree sure, your experiences are different. But judge him for comparing mcu movies to his definition of real cinema? Nope.