Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

40 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Homecoming and Far From Home already surpassed those movies. 

Doesn’t seem like it in terms of quality or fan recognition. Certainly not Far From Home lol. 

Seems the non Disney one, Spider-Verse is actually and easily the highest regarded film for Spider-Man anyway. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Homecoming and Far From Home already surpassed those movies. 

They are bad. No matter how you spin it - the ratio of good to bad movies remains awful. The MCU has a far better track record. Anyone that's a fan of Marvel should want all the characters to be under the same roof. 

LOL at stale Wikipedia drags in 2019. You do realize that Wikipedia quotes all it's sources and you can verify them yourself? If you don't know how to use the site I'll gladly help you out.  Superhero films isn't a genre.  Again GOTG is nothing like TWS, even a 4 year old could tell you the difference. 

"Old man yelling at a cloud" Scorsese isn't relevant to this discussion. 

Ok yeah, this is the definition of a fanboy. 

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

58 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Ok yeah, this is the definition of a fanboy. 

I’m actually amazed any of you actually waste time responding to that person, I’ve had them on ignore since one of their first posts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Headshot is right about Scorcese though. 

It's awfully disrespectful towards everyone who has worked in these movies, from top to bottom, to talk shit like that, unprovoked even. And it is even worse coming from him, because he was subjected to the same attitude back in the 70s, he should know better.

3 hours ago, DlAMONDZ said:

It might've taken Sony a while to make another truly great Spider-Man movie but in the meantime they gave us Spectacular Spider-Man and Spider-Man PS4

Whenever something truly great comes out about Spider-Man it's usually Sony behind the wheel

Marvel allowed Sony to make Spidey and also the game was created by Insomniac which Sony owns now but it didn't at that time

2 hours ago, Hades said:

Marvel wishes their Iron boy films are half as good as Spiderman 1, Spiderman 2 or Into the Spider verse...:sweat:

Yeah they asked me if you know what is the opinion of the Hades guy who always bitches about MCU and Disney, did he like it or not. Would you like to reply. All the audience are crying at their home thinking how badly are movies made the recent Spiderman. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, HeadShot said:

I said Scorsese shouldn't be talking about anyone being generic/formulaic when he's made the same gangster movie multiple times.

He's only made 3 gangster films including The Irishman and the two that came out are incredibly different. At least watch the movies before saying stuff like this

Why does anyone care what MS thinks of the mcu? Does it change any of the accomplishments the mcu has achieved or does it change the way Any of you feel about the movies? 

I would argue he probably knows better then any of us what processes go into film making and if that’s the way he feels so be it. 

I don’t agree with him but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s allowed to have that opinion and that he’s also a fantastic film maker who’s made some of my favourite movies.

Everyone gets so easily offended now a days, It’s actually pretty pathetic. 

Enjoy what you enjoy and that should be fine for you, online culture has made everyone need to feel this weird sense of validation from everyone else to just enjoy something.

• Thanks 2

Everyone's taking issue with Scorsese talking smack about the MCU meanwhile I take issue with the fact he refers to them as "theme parks" as if theme parks are a bad thing. Theme parks are great! Marty must've had a terrible time that one time he went to Disney World smh.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cax16 said:

Why does anyone care what MS thinks of the mcu? Does it change any of the accomplishments the mcu has achieved or does it change the way Any of you feel about the movies? 

I would argue he probably knows better then any of us what processes go into film making and if that’s the way he feels so be it. 

I don’t agree with him but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s allowed to have that opinion and that he’s also a fantastic film maker who’s made some of my favourite movies.

Everyone gets so easily offended now a days, It’s actually pretty pathetic. 

Enjoy what you enjoy and that should be fine for you, online culture has made everyone need to feel this weird sense of validation from everyone else to just enjoy something.

Who said he's not allowed to have an opinion? He is. And people are allowed to criticize his opinion. Not sure why that's equated to being "easily offended." Although what he said is offensive to the people who make these movies. 

I don't get where this idea that the MCU is all the same even comes from. I mean Infinity War and Endgame which were literally two halves of a story still felt totally distinct from each other. Just because the movies are family friendly doesn't mean they're the same, and I don't get why the R rating is fetishized so much by fandom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Who said he's not allowed to have an opinion? He is. And people are allowed to criticize his opinion. Not sure why that's equated to being "easily offended." Although what he said is offensive to the people who make these movies. 

If people weren’t easily offended this wouldn’t be all over the news online and being talked about here. 

I’m sure Feige and Marvel will be just fine. 

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Everyone's taking issue with Scorsese talking smack about the MCU meanwhile I take issue with the fact he refers to them as "theme parks" as if theme parks are a bad thing. Theme parks are great! Marty must've had a terrible time that one time he went to Disney World smh.

I think he meant they're theme parks in that they're enjoyable for the spur of the moment but not much more. I didn't think it was even that negative of a comment, but maybe I'm misinterpreting it idk.

• Like 2

Just now, TMP said:

I think he meant they're theme parks in that they're enjoyable for the spur of the moment but not much more. I didn't think it was even that negative of a comment, but maybe I'm misinterpreting it idk.

His comments weren’t bad, it’s how he feels about how marvel movies are made and how they produce them. It’s really not that big of a deal but should we really be shocked we got a million and one articles and non stop conversations about this. Just look at all the BS surrounding Joker. 

1 minute ago, cax16 said:

Just look at all the BS surrounding Joker. 

The fact that a lot of the articles are from CNN is... interesting, since they're owned by WarnerMedia. I'm not saying it's a giant corporation giving themselves free publicity, but... I'm not saying it's not. I think if it was any other news company it wouldn't strike me as odd.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

The fact that a lot of the articles are from CNN is... interesting, since they're owned by WarnerMedia. I'm not saying it's a giant corporation giving themselves free publicity, but... I'm not saying it's not. I think if it was any other news company it wouldn't strike me as odd.

CNN does have a number of terrible articles coming out non stop but so do lots of other media sites as well. I’ve blocked so many sites/people  over the last week on social media it’s insane. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, cax16 said:

If people weren’t easily offended this wouldn’t be all over the news online and being talked about here. 

I’m sure Feige and Marvel will be just fine. 

Ummm, a famous director says a very popular brand doesn't qualify as cinema and you don't think it would be all over the news even if people weren't "easily offended??" Please. His comments make him look small minded and out of touch in any case and deserved pushback.