Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

50 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Welp. My point is dead now. I think I'll cite imdb in response 😂👍.

Never said that.

lol at imdb where people can vote without having seen the movie. MCU movies are better and more liked by the majority of people. That's a fact. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

lol at imdb where people can vote without having seen the movie. MCU movies are better and more liked by the majority of people. That's a fact. 

That's quite the subjective fact my friend. *Pulls out TDK card*. Heck I don't even need TDK, Joker is better. Now thats a fact. And cinemascore is less reliable than imdb in this case. Horror movies do worse. Also SS has a B+ and Ad Astra has a B-. So which one is really better?

• ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

1 minute ago, The Chad DC said:

That's quite the subjective fact my friend. *Pulls out TDK card*. Heck I don't even need TDK, Joker is better. Now thats a fact. And cinemascore is less reliable than imdb in this case. Horror movies do worse. Also SS has a B+ and Ad Astra has a B-. So which one is really better?

Nah, what is subjective however is you thinking TDK and Joker are better. I have cinemascore + boxoffice gross on my side. When a movie grosses 2.8 billion there is no competition. It's the most loved franchise in the world. Your opinion is in the minority. Comic book movies tend to have inflated cinema scores due to fan rush. B+ for Joker is tragic no matter how you spin it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

I don’t see how Joker having a B+ Cinemascore means anything bad. It’s a grounded and unpleasant character study with no superheroes or elaborate action set pieces. It’s obviously not a crowd pleaser. I certainly was never expecting it to have a high Cinemascore rating. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Nah, what is subjective however is you thinking TDK and Joker are better. I have cinemascore + boxoffice gross on my side. When a movie grosses 2.8 billion there is no competition. It's the most loved franchise in the world. Your opinion is in the minority. Comic book movies tend to have inflated cinema scores due to fan rush. B+ for Joker is tragic no matter how you spin it. 

There's the box office defence. Box office does not equate quality (and no I don't care if you mean that it shows that how many people loved it, you stated that marvel movies are better; thus, we are discussing quality). And I dont need to spin anything unless if you really think SS is better than Ad astra.

Cinemascore is not indicative of quality. So isn't imdb and thats my point. You cant cite these review metrics as a measure of quality. That was the joke in my OP. Everything is subjective, but I'm not gonna argue with someone who thinks mcu movies are better than TDK. It's pointless. We clearly have way different opinions and that's fine. Whatever makes us happy.

• Not Cool 1

Just now, The Chad DC said:

There's the box office defence. Box office does not equate quality (and no I don't care if you mean that it shows that how many people loved it, you stated that marvel movies are better; thus, we are discussing quality). And I dont need to spin anything unless if you really think SS is better than Ad astra.

Cinemascore is not indicative of quality. So isn't imdb and thats my point. You cant cite these review metrics as a measure of quality. That was the joke in my OP. Everything is subjective, but I'm not gonna argue with someone who thinks mcu movies are better than TDK. It's pointless. We clearly have way different opinions and that's fine. Whatever makes us happy.

Different opinions are fine. You just fall into the minority. The world prefers the MCU it's simple. 

Unpopular opinion: Aquaman is the best DC movie ever. The Dark Bore can't compete. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I don’t see how Joker having a B+ Cinemascore means anything bad. It’s a grounded and unpleasant character study with no superheroes or elaborate action set pieces. It’s obviously not a crowd pleaser. I certainly was never expecting it to have a high Cinemascore rating. 

Yes, we know. Hence why MCU is more liked! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On IMDB you can give a movie a 10 before it's even in theaters so it's not any impartial or useful metric. It's had problems with bots for years. At least Rotten Tomatoes new Verified Audience score requires you to actually see the damn movie first.

There's a reason studios use RT scores in promos but not IMDB lmao

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Cinemascore disagrees with you! 

My god you are cracking me up today .... Well done 😂😂😂😂

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Different opinions are fine. You just fall into the minority. The world prefers the MCU it's simple. 

Unpopular opinion: Aquaman is the best DC movie ever. The Dark Bore can't compete. 

Edited by The Chad DC
Double post my bad ...

50 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Unpopular opinion: Aquaman is the best DC movie ever. The Dark Bore can't compete

I'll gladly be in the minority if the majority holds these types of opinions. I'm done here.

14 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

On IMDB you can give a movie a 10 before it's even in theaters so it's not any impartial or useful metric. It's had problems with bots for years. At least Rotten Tomatoes new Verified Audience score requires you to actually see the damn movie first.

Joker was at 9.5+ on IMdB with thousands of votes before the GA ever had the chance to see it. That's typical of DCEU movies.

In contrast, we can expect a deluge of 1-star votes for Episode 9 before it comes out because IMdB is the last place haters (and stans) can screw with audience ratings.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

How does RT verify users have seen the movie?

1 hour ago, AndyK said:

How does RT verify users have seen the movie?

They have to show the ticket

6 hours ago, Hades said:

Lol like Joker is somehow not an exception for DC? If you ignore the last... what, five DC films?

Edited by SpiderByte

23 hours ago, Hades said:

But there are Jokes in the Joker and the audience who I sat with also laughed. So don't understand that one.

Mod Edit, Spoilers Below:

Spoiler

Also there's directly reference to Batman how his parents were killed which makes him ultimately Batman

Edited by captainwondyful

Deadpool, Logan, ITSV, Venom, Joker is why one studio shouldn't own everything. Logan and Deadpool have already been passed on though. It's not just an R-Rated thing. ITSV is an animation and within Disney's expertise but it's such a different sort of animation. Same for Venom's camp.

• Like 3