Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, a2k said:

Deadpool, Logan, ITSV, Venom, Joker is why one studio shouldn't own everything. Logan and Deadpool have already been passed on though. It's not just an R-Rated thing. ITSV is an animation and within Disney's expertise but it's such a different sort of animation. Same for Venom's camp.

Why are  you acting like Venom is of the caliber of any of those? It's not R rated or unique in a way the others are. Thisd be like listing Fant4stic as a reason Marvel shouldn't have the rights.

Edited by SpiderByte
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, a2k said:

Deadpool, Logan, ITSV, Venom, Joker is why one studio shouldn't own everything. Logan and Deadpool have already been passed on though. It's not just an R-Rated thing. ITSV is an animation and within Disney's expertise but it's such a different sort of animation. Same for Venom's camp.

X-men 3, Wolverine 1 + 2, X-men: Apocalypse, X-men: Dark Phoenix, Fantastic 4, Fantastic 4: Rise of the silver surfer, Fantastic 4 Reboot, Spider-man 3, Amazing Spiderman, Amazing spiderman 2,  Venom is why Disney should own all the rights to the marvel characters. 

Edited by HeadShot
  • Like 4

I noted that Zack Snyder does not get a EP credit for "The Joker".

First time ,I think (not sure about Shazam) since MOS that Snyder has not gotten a credit in a DCU film, even though for the  films since JL it's been a "courtesy" credit.

RIP, Zack. You had the wheel and nearly drove the car over the cliff.

Zack Snyder will continue to be credited as executive producer in all future DC movies that use the characters and stories he created, just like Christopher Nolan was credited in Batman v Superman and Justice League because of his work in Man Of Steel, and just like David Ayer in Birds Of Prey because he created this Harley Quinn. Haters will just have to deal with reading their names in the credits.

:Gaga:

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder will continue to be credited as executive producer in all future DC movies that use the characters and stories he created, just like Christopher Nolan was credited in Batman v Superman and Justice League because of his work in Man Of Steel, and just like David Ayer in Birds Of Prey because he created this Harley Quinn. Haters will just have to deal with reading their names in the credits.

:Gaga:

Maybe, but still, no credit for Snyder in "The Joker" is a first.

And Snyder might well get a courtesy credit but his current influence on the DCU is zero. 

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

I noted that Zack Snyder does not get a EP credit for "The Joker".

First time ,I think (not sure about Shazam) since MOS that Snyder has not gotten a credit in a DCU film, even though for the  films since JL it's been a "courtesy" credit.

RIP, Zack. You had the wheel and nearly drove the car over the cliff.

Why would he have been credited for it to begin with? He had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. 

2 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Why would he have been credited for it to begin with? He had absolutely nothing to do with the movie. 

Yeah, that is my point.

For a while, Zack was a producer on every DC film. He pretty much was in charge of the franchise. That time is now gone. He gets a "courtesy" producer credit on films that use some of the people he cast but he no longer has any real input into the DCU, thank heaven.

Edited by dudalb

4 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Zack Snyder will continue to be credited as executive producer in all future DC movies that use the characters and stories he created

What characters did he create? 

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

I was just about to reply to ask the same question. You beat me to it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AndyLL said:

Well Batman and Superman who love their respective mother's very very much and their mothers even has the same name.... The mother character is legendary!!!

Edited by Nero
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, raulbalarezo said:

And now Hulk dabs and try to be funny while being outshone by Cap, Thor and Stark v Thanos

The Hulk would work great as a dark story. His power is like a curse - almost like a werewolf. He loses complete control.  Although I'm not sure how a dark hulk would fit in with the avengers.

People really love pissing on Marvel. Whenever a DC movie perform good whole fandom starts trashing MCU. 

MCU is performing good since 2008.

• Like 1

But I'm torn, as an Oscar voter, about what to do. The business it's doing is mind-blowing — 'Taxi Driver 2' just opened to almost $300 million worldwide! But I don't know what's responsible to do as a voter. If art is not used to start a conversation, and it's just used to exacerbate something, I'm not sure how beneficial it is.

Excuse him but what kind of conversation did Black Panther start?

• Thanks 1
  • Not Cool 1

15 hours ago, HeadShot said:

X-men 3, Wolverine 1 + 2, X-men: Apocalypse, X-men: Dark Phoenix, Fantastic 4, Fantastic 4: Rise of the silver surfer, Fantastic 4 Reboot, Spider-man 3, Amazing Spiderman, Amazing spiderman 2,  Venom is why Disney should own all the rights to the marvel characters. 

You do realize his point was about making different kinds of films right? Would rather have films like Logan and ITSV exist alongside those shittier movies than have all the movied that feel like hhomogenised products.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

I hope you're not conflating controversy with meaningful conversation.

A movie does not have to be controversial to have valuable meaning. A good and consistent theme is enough. (Not throwing shade in the Joker as a movie though, as I've not seen it yet)

Edited by LaughingEvans
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, TheDarkKnightOfSteel said:

Please don't let your DC bias shroud your opinion. Black Panther was very important movie may not for you but lots of African American. 

Shuri and Okoye have become icon for black girls. This doesn't happen easily. 

I would love to have Joker nominated but at least be reasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

23 minutes ago, LaughingEvans said:

I hope you're not conflating controversy for meaningful conversation.

A movie does not have to be controversial to have valuable meaning. A good and consistent theme is enough. (Not throwing shade in the Joker as a movie though, as I've not seen it yet)

Nicely said. DC fans think just because Joker is controversial it deserves Oscar. 

Black Panther was very different kind of movie. No comparison between them. 

Marvel didn't allow Shane Black to have a female villain in Iron Man 3 because it wouldn't sell toys. That's the studio you want making all movies? And that's the studio you're coming after Martin Scorsese to defend? But stuff like this don't shock me anymore, I gave up hope long ago.

• Not Cool 2