Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

On 10/18/2019 at 1:32 AM, Ororo Munroe said:

I would say the exact opposite. The last act is the only enjoyable part of the movie. The rest is an incoherent, boring mess.  

I enjoyed it when the film was trying to say something or trying to be different even if Snyder was incapable of handling the themes without having his inner 5 year old get out and how some cool shit happen because it's cool (which only does a disservice to the themes of the movie). The last act just destroys in payoff that the movie builds up to. None of the questions brought up are answered, none of the arcs are completed (Batman realises men are good but still kills people) but instead ends with a 40 minute long action scene that's completely incomprehensible. People say that TLJ is the BvS of Star Wars and I agree with that to an extent. TLJ does explore failure similarly to BvS but unlike Snyder, Rian Johnson is able to convey that properly and give the characters proper arcs. TLJ is like BvS if BvS was actually a great film.

2 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/coppola-backs-scorsese-row-over-marvel-films-173112180.html

"I don't know that anyone gets anything out of seeing the same movie over and over again," the 80-year-old filmmaker said.

"Martin was kind when he said it's not cinema. He didn't say it's despicable, which I just say it is."

Finally, somebody who tells it like it is!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/coppola-backs-scorsese-row-over-marvel-films-173112180.html

"I don't know that anyone gets anything out of seeing the same movie over and over again," the 80-year-old filmmaker said.

"Martin was kind when he said it's not cinema. He didn't say it's despicable, which I just say it is."

oh boy... what Cameron said sounds like a love letter now :hahaha:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Well whenever someone says it's the same movie over and over, that's the. clue that they don't actually watch the movies.

• Like 1

Avengers saga modelled on The Godfather, says Joss Whedon

Avengers director Joss Whedon has revealed an unexpected source of inspiration for his blockbuster comic book saga: classic mob trilogy The Godfather.

Whedon said he was drawing on The Godfather: Part II for The Avengers: Age of Ultron, the forthcoming sequel to 2012's $1.5bn-earning superhero ensemble.

"The model I'm always trying to build from, or my guiding star, is The Godfather: Part II, where a ton has happened in between and it's a very different movie [from Part I], but you don't need any information,"

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, tribefan695 said:

Lol this is actually hilarious. All these well-known directors lashing out like little children or trolls on a forum. It's embarrassing honestly. Also his statement is factually incorrect. 

• Knock It Off 1

5 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Avengers saga modelled on The Godfather, says Joss Whedon

Avengers director Joss Whedon has revealed an unexpected source of inspiration for his blockbuster comic book saga: classic mob trilogy The Godfather.

Whedon said he was drawing on The Godfather: Part II for The Avengers: Age of Ultron, the forthcoming sequel to 2012's $1.5bn-earning superhero ensemble.

"The model I'm always trying to build from, or my guiding star, is The Godfather: Part II, where a ton has happened in between and it's a very different movie [from Part I], but you don't need any information,

TG2's parallel story-lines of two connected generations was done smartly. So much story-building and yet so coherent. Exactly opposite of Ultron - nothing worthwhile takes place and yet so incoherent.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, a2k said:

TG2's parallel story-lines of two connected generations was done smartly. So much story-building and yet so coherent. Exactly opposite of Ultron - nothing worthwhile takes place and yet so incoherent.

Pacino was incredible in it too, probably his best acting outside of Dog Day Afternoon imo