Jump to content
Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Huh? It's not like Joker panned there. And, average for all critics is just under 7.5... It's not like this a Venom situation where the movie was completely panned there and then broke out.

It is panned though, it's 68% all critics and 44% top critics, if you were to trust RT it's a completely unremarkable movie you could just skip which is anything but.


Truth is most of these critics on RT are part of the same hugbox as most of these journalist that can't handle 8 hours without writing another hot take on Joker. It's obvious its affecting their reviews. 


People laugh at IMDB TOP 250 but RT proudly displays Black Panther as the number one movie of all time, I don't think that system is more trustworthy.

  • Like 2
  • ...wtf 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is grandiehorror not cooling random people from the Avengers Endgame OW thread? Like how did he even go all the way back to April 26 to find comments to not cool?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing all the flame around joker makes me miss the simpler Avatar times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panda said:

Seeing all the flame around joker makes me miss the simpler Avatar times

Those days are over.  We crushed avatar, saw its fanboys driven before us, and reveled in the lamentation of their navi

  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ozymandias said:

Those days are over.  We crushed avatar, saw its fanboys driven before us, and reveled in the lamentation of their navi

"crushed"

 

That's a very liberal use of the word. It took 10 years of build up and an armada of highly paid actors (and probably a little bit of "creative accounting") to make it past not even 1%

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Alexdube said:

"crushed"

 

That's a very liberal use of the word. It took 10 years of build up and an armada of highly paid actors (and probably a little bit of "creative accounting") to make it past not even 1%

Before IW/EG:

Avengers 1 is the ceiling. There's to many movies already. The GA won't be able to watch them all.  It's to limiting. 

 

After IW/EG = They broke records because of all the previous movies!!!!!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Before IW/EG:

Avengers 1 is the ceiling. There's to many movies already. The GA won't be able to watch them all.  It's to limiting. 

 

After IW/EG = They broke records because of all the previous movies!!!!!

 

 

Before Avatar.. No one will ever beat titanic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

Lmao rerelease is coming soon marvel drones

I can’t find it on any release schedule. Link? Source? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marty clarifies his Marvel comments, turns out they weren't even that negative after all (what a shock)

EGwuWOXWsAE2-6V.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Martin Scorcese doesn't believe in the power of human imagination & human ingenuity.

 

It is his prerogative.

 

May I remind you Stan Lee was afraid to tell what he was doing for a living at New York parties in the 60's/ 70's/80's because of people like Martin Scorcese that used the same arguments, the same rhetorics, the same condescending & patronizing attitude.

 

The more things change, the more they stay the same I am afraid. 

  • Astonished 1
  • Not Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TMP said:

Marty clarifies his Marvel comments, turns out they weren't even that negative after all (what a shock)

EGwuWOXWsAE2-6V.jpg

I mean, I guess this sounds slightly better but that last sentence still shows his elistist mindset. Cinema is not one thing or another, cinema includes every kind of movie. I'd say it's unfortunate that he can't see that but whatever.... I can't say I particularly care what he thinks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Martin Scorcese doesn't believe in the power of human imagination & human ingenuity.

 

It is his prerogative.

 

May I remind you Stan Lee was afraid to tell what he was doing for a living at New York parties in the 60's/ 70's/80's because of people like Martin Scorcese that used the same arguments, the same rhetorics, the same condescending & patronizing attitude.

 

The more things change, the more they stay the same I am afraid. 

This may be your best post...ever. Wow. 😂

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Theaters have become amusement parks."

 

I mean, haven't they always been in a sense? We have to pay a (much, much more affordable compared to the likes of Disney or Universal) ticket to go in and then see the attraction of our choosing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Martin Scorcese doesn't believe in the power of human imagination & human ingenuity.

 

It is his prerogative.

 

May I remind you Stan Lee was afraid to tell what he was doing for a living at New York parties in the 60's/ 70's/80's because of people like Martin Scorcese that used the same arguments, the same rhetorics, the same condescending & patronizing attitude.

 

The more things change, the more they stay the same I am afraid. 

who hacked futurists account

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, filmlover said:

"Theaters have become amusement parks."

 

I mean, haven't they always been in a sense? We have to pay a (much, much more affordable compared to the likes of Disney or Universal) ticket to go in and then see the attraction of our choosing.

Les Freres Lumieres first screenings were at fairs and traveling  circuses yes.

Edited by The Futurist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully the incredible success of Joker will open Scorsese's eyes. This homage to some of his classics could show him that comic book movies can be art too - that is what happened to the "elitist" jury at Venice.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the huge success of Joker (following the huge success of The Dark Knight trilogy, Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Aquaman; and the massive failure of Green Lantern, Josstice League and Shazam) it's not possible that WB haven't figured out what audiences expect from DC movies.

 

It's too late now to cancel the Suicide Squad sequel, just let James Gunn do his thing, dump it in theaters, take the loss and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

After the huge success of Joker (following the huge success of The Dark Knight trilogy, Man Of Steel, Batman v Superman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Aquaman; and the massive failure of Green Lantern, Josstice League and Shazam) it's not possible that WB haven't figured out what audiences expect from DC movies.

 

It's too late now to cancel the Suicide Squad sequel, just let James Gunn do his thing, dump it in theaters, take the loss and move on.

Does success mean a big box office or actual profits or being well received? Cause in the end Shazam will probably end up making WB the same as BvS and MOS did so I don’t see how Shazam is a failure to you and those movies aren’t. Shazam’s budget was like a third of BvS and MOS was probably close to a 250m budget (if not more). And Shazam was received better by critics/audiences. 

All three of the movies didn’t make WB what they expected but I’m sure they were fine with the risk for Shazam. 

 

And this is coming from someone who loves all of those movies. 

Edited by cax16
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.