Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

5 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Someone needs to ask these guys what they think of the Fast and Furious movies.

I can just imagine the uproar that would’ve happened if Adam McKay chose to make fun of the MCU in the post credit scene for Vice, rather than the Fast and Furious franchise. 

1 minute ago, WittyUsername said:

I can just imagine the uproar that would’ve happened if Adam McKay chose to make fun of the MCU in the post credit scene for Vice, rather than the Fast and Furious franchise. 

Would be funny since apparently Adam McKay wants to direct an MCU film

What I said for Scorcese applies to FFC as well. It's massive assholery to talk like that about the work of people who probably look up to you and probably idolize you.

It's even worse from Scorcese though, because he was subjected to similar dismissive criticism back in the 70s, so he should know better.

• Like 1

With the Marvel stuff I was more inclined to sympathize with the "same old, same sold" attitude, but with what Lee Unkrich said he's now reminding me of how narrow-minded my dad was with art. FFC has made great movies but he does seem to be a crotchety old man type now.

Coppola strikes me as your typical/101/Texbook leftist :

- arrogant, ego the size of Giant Man

- condescending

- thinks he has the moral high ground on any topic

- thinks of himself as always defending the weak and minorities

- thinks he belongs to the tolerant/open minded group of well read people

- thinks they are marxists but are the best at nepotism

then  vomits

- on the art and entertainment the working classes of the world enjoy, while earning 100 000 times more money than them.

- same working classes which allow theaters to be full and alive when was your latest hit Francis ?

Dicks can't suck themselves Francis, and theaters without films people want to see cannot fill themselves either.

That s how the western leftists mind work

they have become high priests that declared identy politics warfare to absolve themselves of their intitial, true & utmost despicable crime :

class racism

they despise the little people deep inside and can only tolerate a nice dinner at the Chateau Marmont.

Their anthem, their war chant :

" Do as I say, not as I do".

Hey Francis, is nepotism despicable ?

Edited by The Futurist
  • ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

I started this mess, curious if I actually bring some sense of solidarity to it here

Exactly! Even if you don't like the MCU, this same type of elitist attitude can be (and often is) used to bash animation as "kid stuff" *. I think it's not too much to ask for famous directors to be a bit more respectful when expressing their opinions.

*although it looks like he deleted the tweet here

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I can't justify $15 a month for such little content. Just can't do it.

HBO for me is is well worth it as it has probably the best quality shows imo, my tv package is hbo and movie channel together for $20 but I’ll obviously be switching over to hbo max next year once it launches. Everyone has their own priorities for what they wanna spend on obviously and I can respect that it isn’t worth it for everyone. 

• Like 1