Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, cax16 said:

HBO for me is is well worth it as it has probably the best quality shows imo, my tv package is hbo and movie channel together for $20 but I’ll obviously be switching over to hbo max next year once it launches. Everyone has their own priorities for what they wanna spend on obviously and I can respect that it isn’t worth it for everyone. 

Yeah I just can't. Netflix has like 10x the content. Plus I got in on that shady 70% discount and bought 2 years worth of Netflix. So paying $4 for that versus $15 for hbo is a no brainier.

27 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Yeah I just can't. Netflix has like 10x the content. Plus I got in on that shady 70% discount and bought 2 years worth of Netflix. So paying $4 for that versus $15 for hbo is a no brainier.

My Netflix will probably be gone once Disney+ comes cause I like my amazon prime shows as well. Netflix doesn’t really have anything that’s really exciting for me After I see the Irishman next month. 

It also depends how fast hbo max comes and what’s going to happen with some of the DC shows I watch. Titans was originally on Netflix but doom patrol and swamp thing came to my normal channels on my cable box so if that continues that I really have no use for Netflix. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cax16 said:

My Netflix will probably be gone once Disney+ comes cause I like my amazon prime shows as well. Netflix doesn’t really have anything that’s really exciting for me After I see the Irishman next month. 

It also depends how fast hbo max comes and what’s going to happen with some of the DC shows I watch. Titans was originally on Netflix but doom patrol and swamp thing came to my normal channels on my cable box so if that continues that I really have no use for Netflix. 

I feel you I just love those documentaries. Can't wait for Disney +. 3 years for $150 what a steal!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

I feel you I just love those documentaries. Can't wait for Disney +. 3 years for $150 what a steal!

Steal is right. In Canada it looks like we can't even pre-order yet, let alone get that kind of a deal!

Nah,  Scorcese and Coppola got it wrong.

There are good Marvel movies, especially the mature and adult ones at Fox and SOny.

But what Marvel Studios has been pumping in the last 10 years is the scourge of the earth.

I mean quips, who builds a multi billion franchise on 

QUIPS.

Get real please.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1

6 hours ago, RealLyre said:

ironic how Scorsese and Coppola claim Marvel movies aren't real cinema when Avengers Endgame is better than the godfather and goodfellas combined :rofl:

I wish I could write a comment which gets all reactions

• Haha 1

I respect Martin and Francis as they have made some of the best films in cinematic history and I do agree the MCU Films are nowhere near as great as there films.

However, what the MCU did is different in cinema compared to the past and I think a lot of older people dont really like that including some older users on here @telemach. There is a clear indication that audiences taste has moved away from standalone stories to more serialized and world building type story lines.

The Avengers in 2012 imo really push this trend from TV to more mainstream blockbusters. The Iconic shot of the Avengers in NYC in 2012 I think is what changed things.

So yes people can say that unless you are on the MCU train, these films dont make sense on their own and that IW/Endgame as a film on its own are incomplete films...But as i said audiences taste have changed.

Iron Mans sacrifice left such a huge impact emotionally on people like the death of a character in a standalone film...The only difference is that his death was built up over 11 years and 20+ films. 

7 hours ago, RealLyre said:

ironic how Scorsese and Coppola claim Marvel movies aren't real cinema when Avengers Endgame is better than the godfather and goodfellas combined :rofl:

That's it, you can close the thread now. It won't get better than this.

• Haha 1