Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Zatt was right said:

Poor white privileged old dude with his awful takes.

The hell is wrong with you? This guys a living legend in cinema.

Everything the guy said it right yet you just spout meme lines, how about telling us why he is wrong (unless you're incapable (probably lol))

• Like 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

I think I can understand where Scorsese and Coppola are coming from...the kind of movie they make is almost impossible to get greenlit at a studio nowdays...but I think the blanket condemnation of a whole genre is wrong. They are taking it out on the wrong people.

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, Zatt was right said:

Evolution is evolution. Breaking the mold and evolving is what cinema has been doing since the old black and white silent films. People too attached to nostalgia get bitter at that, but that will never stop cinema from evolving, old geniuses liking that idea or not.

Problem is it evolving in the way that.when it comes to live action,  nothing but big budget action films .be they  CBMs, Sic Fi films,or F and the F and Missioin Impossible type franchises....are going to get made.

That is not evolving, that is devolving. Limiting the types of film being made is never, ever a good thing.

Maybe you would be satisfied with a dies to nothing but SFX extravangas, but some of us will not be.

And I am betting you have seen very,very, few classic films judging from that  crack about silent and black and white films.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I hate to say it but doing something just to "own the libs" is why the US is such a total mess politically.

I was only joking lol, but I do plan to rewatch it because there was a lot of great insight there and a lot of great movie recommendations I've forgotten.

47 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think that Scorsese and Coppola were wrong in their attacks on CBMs but the hatred and contempt they are getting in this thread is worse then anything they said.

I find their takes on the superhero genre harmless. With that said, I can’t really separate his shit takes on why he is an old white dude that can’t really take criticism on the lack of strong women on his films. I can see a pattern, and it’s bullshit.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 2

Watching touchy feely Hollywood guys trying to explain what makes superhero movies great is a saddening show.

They could grow a pair and tell it like it is about the Coppola Wine Maker :

He is an arrogant tool.

Edited by The Futurist

5 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Also his opinion matters more than any Marvel director and definitely more than yours.

you really like those old white men don't you? at least Marvel directors have some sort of diversity.

Also Martin Scorsese once signed a petition calling for the release of a convicted pedophile from prison, if you think those type of people's opinions should have more value on Hollywood issues over people who actually try to let people of color find jobs in Hollywood then you're probably part of the problem. 

Scorsese probably hates Marvel movies because they have too many women and not enough old white men like the rest of his filmography. I bet he'd like Joker though :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

Scorsese probably hates Marvel movies because they have too many women and not enough old white men like the rest of his filmography. I bet he'd like Joker though :rofl:

There is much more woman and Scorsese filmography than Marvel movies no ?

There is like 12 nominated performance by actress in Scorsese filmography, 2 winner among them:

https://www.imdb.com/poll/1TmK9w4Z63s/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

people who actually try to let people of color find jobs in Hollywood then you're probably part of the problem. 

Scorsese probably hates Marvel movies because they have too many women and not enough old white men like the rest of his filmography.

Are you still talking about the series that waited 10 years and 17 movies before having a lead who wasn't a white man?

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

we can tell scorsese's not a feminist because he never had an epic girl power scene of all the ladies from his films teaming up to beat the bad guys.

He only had complex women like Ginger and Alice. Sad!

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

we can tell scorsese's not a feminist because he never had an epic girl power scene of all the ladies from his films teaming up to beat the bad guys.

That scene gets sillier the more I think about it. It’s like the kind of thing you’d expect from a CW show. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Barnack said:

There is much more woman and Scorsese filmography than Marvel movies no ?

There is like 12 nominated performance by actress in Scorsese filmography, 2 winner among them:

https://www.imdb.com/poll/1TmK9w4Z63s/

all of them are white and mostly supporting. it's laughable that you'd think this could pass as representation. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1