Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

guy literally just said he hasn't watched many Marvel movies after being asked about it.  but yeah he's butthurt, i guess.

Obviously and it totally isn’t the insecurity of the fans that make them feel like outcasts again.

4 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What's with all the terrible Watchmen takes on twitter? The show isn't pro-cop and doesn't show them in a positive light. 

Spoiler

Hide contents

And I'm pretty sure Don Johnson's character was a white supremacist.

People using #NotMyWatchmen hashtags cause their only previous encounter with the source was the Zack Snyder movie and this clearly isn't anything like it at all? lol.

But yeah, I watched the pilot last night and not sure where those takes are coming from either.

Edited by filmlover

2 hours ago, That One Guy said:

Hey there's some good news in there for Marvel fans:

“It doesn’t mean it is bad,” Meirelles added. “I don’t know if it’s Marvel, but I watched ‘Deadpool,’ the first one, and it was very good. Amazing action sequences.

I don't quite agree with Scorsese and Coppola and think they are being somewhat elitist. Still It's funny to watch the people online who act like every single Marvel film is amazing and "groundbreaking" including stuff like Doctor Strange, Ant Man and the Wasp, and Captain Marvel, blow a gasket 

12 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Both Bob Iger and the writers say it'll still be Rated R.

We'll see, I wouldn't trust Bob Iger and writers just guess it would be still R rated. Disney and Feige have no experience in making mature content and they never showed desire to try.

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

What's with all the terrible Watchmen takes on twitter? The show isn't pro-cop and doesn't show them in a positive light. 

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

so many bad, bad takes

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

image0.jpg\

it must suck that real cinema directors get their funding from straight to video streaming services nowadays. :( 

But tell me between Irishman and Endgame which would be more likely for an Oscar

5 minutes ago, Firepower said:

We'll see, I wouldn't trust Bob Iger and writers just guess it would be still R rated. Disney and Feige have no experience in making mature content and they never showed desire to try.

I’m pretty sure Deadpool will stay the same. Other than language, I’d say it has a lot more in common with an MCU film. I mean it’s not like either of the movies are biting.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

People using #NotMyWatchmen hashtags cause their only previous encounter with the source was the Zack Snyder movie and this clearly isn't anything like it at all? lol.

But yeah, I watched the pilot last night and not sure where those takes are coming from either.

I mean I guess people assume showing the police wage war against white supremacists means that it shows the police in a positive light. But the show clearly shows the police with similar fascist imagery to the Kavalry and even condemns them for being trigger happy (that opening scene and the guy in the panda mask telling off others officers for wanting to freely use weapons). Also the police interrogation scenes were more disturbing than cool.

22 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

I mean I guess people assume showing the police wage war against white supremacists means that it shows the police in a positive light. But the show clearly shows the police with similar fascist imagery to the Kavalry and even condemns them for being trigger happy (that opening scene and the guy in the panda mask telling off others officers for wanting to freely use weapons). Also the police interrogation scenes were more disturbing than cool.

I mean, come on:

Screen-Shot-2019-10-22-at-9-17-18-PM.png

It's not even that subtle about it lol

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

image0.jpg\

it must suck that real cinema directors get their funding from straight to video streaming services nowadays. :( 

I think its natural that cinema goers need a reason to go see something at the cinema rather than on their TV, it needs to be cinematic.