Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

26 minutes ago, dudalb said:

let's dig up a film Coppola made very early in his career and use it against him.

This is the kind of shit that makes me actively dislike so much of what "fandom" has become.

That even pushing it, was it not some "demo" made in film school where he did edited different previous movies together to make a full feature ?

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Rorschach in the book: Travis Bickle with a face mask

Rorschach in the movie: Angrier Batman

Snyder missed the point of the book

Not to mention Snyder  did with the villain:

He made the villain villainous from the first scene in which he appears and tipped us off he is a villain , and totally blew that for most of the novel you think he is a good guy,which makes the reveal of how evil he is all the more shocking.

BTW waiting for Snyder's #1 fan to show up condemning us to hell for daring to criticize the great god Zack.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TMP said:

Jackie Earle Haley was easily the best thing about the movie though. He provided a spark that was missing from the rest of the cast.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TMP said:

Creating a generation of dudebros that idolize him and are mad as fuck because the show rightfully gets it. :redcapes:

6 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Jackie Earle Haley was easily the best thing about the movie though. He provided a spark that was missing from the rest of the cast.

Yeah, he's a good actor and he did well with the role; I just think Snyder's vision of the character didn't really work with Moore's initial themes

5 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not to mention Snyder  did with the villain:

He made the villain villainous from the first scene in which he appears and tipped us off he is a villain , and totally blew that for most of the novel you think he is a good guy,which makes the reveal of how evil he is all the more shocking.

BTW waiting for Snyder's #1 fan to show up condemning us to hell for daring to criticize the great god Zack.

The Boys tv show did one hell of lot better job than the source material and it’s a better commentary on Watchmen than Snyder’s film ever was. I admire the pretty images in Watchmen, but every time I’m reminded how shallow it is compared with what the graphic novel was, it makes me admire what Lindelof and his team are set out to make even more.

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Yeah, he's a good actor and he did well with the role; I just think Snyder's vision of the character didn't really work with Moore's initial themes

It was something he glossed over while making sure the look of Dr. Manhattan's giant blue penis was just right.

• Haha 1

Even though I’m not one of those people who likes to jump on the “Zack Snyder sucks” bandwagon, I certainly do wish he didn’t insist on making the characters in Watchmen seem “cool”, when the whole point of the graphic novel was that these people (especially Rorschach) are crazy and pathetic. We might not have had to deal with all of these “HOW DARE THEY MAKE WATCHMEN WOKE” videos on YouTube if that were the case. 

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Captain Craig said:

Ken Loach...I remember his great films from...from...hold a second..that one film from....and that other one about....well you know the ones I mean.

*looks at IMDB, yep nada zip zilch

Yeah, he isn't at fault for you being ignorant though is it?

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

We might not have had to deal with all of these “HOW DARE THEY MAKE WATCHMEN WOKE” videos on YouTube if that were the case.

It's fine, and very easy to avoid these videos: few people watched the pilot of Watchmen. Tempest in a teapot on Twitter, as usual.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

let's dig up a film Coppola made very early in his career and use it against him.

This is the kind of shit that makes me actively dislike so much of what "fandom" has become.

It is the same shit that’s made me grow tired of CBMs recently, well that and other reasons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

Oh darling, I don't need to defend Zack Snyder's adaptation of Watchmen.

His movie not only had 5 times more viewers on opening weekend than the flop tv show's premiere (and that's adding streaming views and repeats), but was also much better received by audiences (going by the Rotten Tomatoes score).

I still haven't checked the tv show, I really hope it does well. It's impossible to top Zack Snyder in anything, but hopefully it's entertaining enough, and a good showcase for Regina King's amazing talent.

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Even though I’m not one of those people who likes to jump on the “Zack Snyder sucks” bandwagon, I certainly do wish he didn’t insist on making the characters in Watchmen seem “cool”, when the whole point of the graphic novel was that these people (especially Rorschach) are crazy and pathetic. We might not have had to deal with all of these “HOW DARE THEY MAKE WATCHMEN WOKE” videos on YouTube if that were the case. 

Moore said the whole idea of Watchmen was,if you looked at it realistically, what kind of people would become comic book style masked heros.

Answer: With a very few exceptions, people with real mental and emotional issues, and some who see it as a chance to become a hero and then cash in (Dollar Bill and Silk Spectre). Which is why there is only one actual hero with Superpowers"Dr Manhattan, and the way his powers impacted him gave him severe mental problems. The Night Owls seem to be the only ones who actually want to do some good. (If you accept Before Watchmen as canon add Shioluette as one of the good heros).

Snyder seemed to totally miss this because he was so obsessed with making his shots match the panals in the graphic novel. CLassic example of getting so bogged down in minor details you miss the main point.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Oh darling, I don't need to defend Zack Snyder's adaptation of Watchmen.

His movie not only had 5 times more viewers on opening weekend than the flop tv show's premiere (and that's adding streaming views and repeats), but was also much better received by audiences (going by the Rotten Tomatoes score).

I still haven't checked the tv show, I really hope it does well. It's impossible to top Zack Snyder in anything, but hopefully it's entertaining enough, and a good showcase for Regina King's amazing talent.

You really going with "because it sold more tickets it was better?".

And it's very easy to top Zack Snyder in a lot of things.

You really don't get your blind, over the top worship of Snyder has made you a laughing stock around here

27 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It is the same shit that’s made me grow tired of CBMs recently, well that and other reasons.

I'm REALLY excited for BoP because it actually looks interesting and weird and fun (based on the plot leaks and trailer). I am a bit interested to watch Wonder Woman 1984 and Doctor Strange 2 but that's because I really liked their previous solo movies. Everything else that has a proper release date looks boring as hell and the constant fanboy talk is just tiring to see.

Same thing with Star Wars too which is why I'm glad that TROS is the last Skywalker movie. Im not interested in any upcoming Star Wars movie after TROS except for the RJ movie.

Edited by lorddemaxus

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

I'm REALLY excited for BoP because it actually looks interesting and weird and fun (based on the plot leaks and trailer). I am a bit interested to watch Wonder Woman 1984 and Doctor Strange 2 but that's because I really liked their previous solo movies. Everything else looks like boring as hell.

Dr. Strange is like the epitome of boring