Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, RealLyre said:

ironic how Scorsese and Coppola claim Marvel movies aren't real cinema when Avengers Endgame is better than the godfather and goodfellas combined :rofl:

I wish I could write a comment which gets all reactions

• Haha 1

I respect Martin and Francis as they have made some of the best films in cinematic history and I do agree the MCU Films are nowhere near as great as there films.

However, what the MCU did is different in cinema compared to the past and I think a lot of older people dont really like that including some older users on here @telemach. There is a clear indication that audiences taste has moved away from standalone stories to more serialized and world building type story lines.

The Avengers in 2012 imo really push this trend from TV to more mainstream blockbusters. The Iconic shot of the Avengers in NYC in 2012 I think is what changed things.

So yes people can say that unless you are on the MCU train, these films dont make sense on their own and that IW/Endgame as a film on its own are incomplete films...But as i said audiences taste have changed.

Iron Mans sacrifice left such a huge impact emotionally on people like the death of a character in a standalone film...The only difference is that his death was built up over 11 years and 20+ films. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, RealLyre said:

ironic how Scorsese and Coppola claim Marvel movies aren't real cinema when Avengers Endgame is better than the godfather and goodfellas combined :rofl:

That's it, you can close the thread now. It won't get better than this.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

James Gunn on instagram:

I would say Michael killing his weak brother in Godfather 2 is one of the biggest dick movies in cinematic history. 

17 hours ago, cax16 said:

Everyone be like Scott and watch Watchmen tonight (TV show on HBO), I heard it’s great.

Did you watch it?

why the  HBO Watchmen audience score is so low ?

Edited by AnDr3s

3 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Just too woke for people not trained in the art of wokeness.

• Haha 1
  • Not Cool 1

5 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

The bad guys are white supremacists. Why do you think

3 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

I saw a couple of user reviews that complained about the show being “woke”, so that probably has something to do with it. Never mind the fact that the graphic novel had very clear anti-fascist themes, and that Rorschach was portrayed as a far right nut job who Alan Moore has gone on record to say that he dislikes. 

5 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Probably because it's too weird for many.

10 minutes ago, TMP said:

Did you watch it?

I have it recorded, my wife and I had a party last night and didn’t get in till late so I’ll watch it today. A few friends I know who watched it all loved it though and everyone on my twitter feed has nothing but good things to say as well. 

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Okay now I understand the bitter old man complaints.

Welp there it is. Like i said. A mysogonistic pig who's opinion doesn't matter! 

• Thanks 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 4
  • Not Cool 1

11 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I saw a couple of user reviews that complained about the show being “woke”, so that probably has something to do with it. Never mind the fact that the graphic novel had very clear anti-fascist themes, and that Rorschach was portrayed as a far right nut job who Alan Moore has gone on record to say that he dislikes. 

Zack Snyder turned Rorschach into angrier Batman when he was just Travis Bickle with a face mask, and now everyone thinks he's some super hero

7 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Welp there it is. Like i said. A mysogonistic pig who's opinion doesn't matter! 

Yawn, keep making your awful points. It's clear you only read the clickbait title and not the article where he goes in depth and talks about films you've probably never seen. And even his female producer agrees with him.

Also his opinion matters more than any Marvel director and definitely more than yours.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 5
  • ...wtf 1
  • Not Cool 1

9 hours ago, RealLyre said:

792.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

Cause you didn't tell me the cute profile pic where is it from? 😣