Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

58 minutes ago, infamous5445 said:

Hey at least Cameron likes Marvel now.

I think.

Cameron tried in the 90's to get a Spiderman movie launched.

Besides, I got a feeling he want to sort of buddy up with Keven Feige since Feige is sort of an Most Valuable Player at Disney and has a hell of a lot of clout.

1 hour ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Funny how that argument goes away when comparing MCU films to BvS

You noticied that too?

Zack is one of the worst directors ever. The person who did Cat Woman with Halle Berry is better. I'm serious.

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 2

1 hour ago, TMP said:

Dr. Strange is like the epitome of boring 

I liked Dr. Strange better then that, but it was disappointing. Stephan Strange is one of my favorite Marvel charecters  (particulary the original Ditko run) and the film could have done so much more with the character. It was more bland then boring. Not nearly weird enough for a Dr Strange film.  The comics get really,really, weird and biazarre, particulary when Steve Ditko was doing it.

8 hours ago, Barnack said:

Are we now to the point that a show that would show cops in a good light (and it is not like white supremacist group have not been heavily targeted/infiltrated by US law in the past) would be controversial ?

Uhh yeah. A show that wants to talk about race or tackle white supremacy in any truthful or meaningful way has no business painting a rosy or heroic picture of American police. Thankfully, I don't think that's what Lindelof is doing. 

2 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Zack is one of the worst directors ever. The person who did Cat Woman with Halle Berry is better. I'm serious.

I wouldn't go quite that far. I think Snyder has his strengths. He's quite good at crafting great visuals and action sequences. The problem is that he's not a very good storyteller. The fact that he gave us Cavill as Superman (with the best Superman aesthetic yet) and wasted him on dull, incoherent stories is a real shame. I wish he were as talented as his fans believe him to be. 

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Has the director of Catwoman even done anything else of note?

Also, regardless of Zack Snyder’s shortcomings, I’m not particularly looking forward to a J.J. Abrams directed Superman movie. I imagine it’ll just be a lot like SR. 

snyder is very good at directing visuals and action but he is not a very good storyteller.

i prefer 1000 times Man of steel than captain marvel or ant man 2 tbh

and watchmen is pretty great 🙊

27 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Also, regardless of Zack Snyder’s shortcomings, I’m not particularly looking forward to a J.J. Abrams directed Superman movie. I imagine it’ll just be a lot like SR. 

Tired: JJ Abrams doing a boring Superman '78 remake

Wired: Damon Lindelof doing a Superman movie with Justin Theroux

8 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

ct11xqd5vzt31.jpg

Media also click baiting. He said comic based movies not just Marvel

1 hour ago, AnDr3s said:

snyder is very good at directing visuals and action but he is not a very good storyteller.

i prefer 1000 times Man of steel than captain marvel or ant man 2 tbh

and watchmen is pretty great 🙊

Man of steel with a/b throughout, F at the end. 

Man of Steel is good, some of the themes were haphazardous but it was good.

If the same character arc wasn’t used for BvS, then I wouldn’t have so much problem with BvS.

11 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Wow such a hot take.

• Not Cool 1

Snyder has his huge weaknesses but he also made the best zombie movie and best action horror movie of the century with one movie so it balances out.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Snyder has his huge weaknesses but he also made the best zombie movie and best action horror movie of the century with one movie so it balances out.

i do like his dawn of the dead a lot. train to busan was better tho.

So many bad takes, ZS is not a bad director, BvS was just too rushed and JL was bought down by studio interference.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Man of Steel is good, some of the themes were haphazardous but it was good.

If the same character arc wasn’t used for BvS, then I wouldn’t have so much problem with BvS.

Man of Steel was B-. BVS was D. Justice League was F.

MOS allowing his dad to die was stupid. Murder scene was stupid. He had an A+ film and shat all over it.

Without his influence we have seen the best DC films before him and after. I can't wait for more because he won't have any part of the deconstruction of super heros. He's a giant prick and a bad director. He has talent but intentionally ruins films.

Edited by cdsacken