Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

37 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

BTW, Black Panther made 600M OS. People do care about it outside of the US.

I think that's because of both MCU brand which is strong OS and Avengers connection. Cap Marvel did even more OS, 700 mln, and it was just another random cbm, but Endgame connection elevated its gross. I even asked some europian folks who went to see it if they were interested in the movie itself or that's just because of Avengers, and everyone said that they just wanted to find out Avengers "connection". Such a weird reason to see the movie you're not interested in otherwise, but alright...

37 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

It is an odd point of view to have, but it's one of those things that you just have to ignore. Apart from film school professors (and even then...), no one can teach people to enjoy movies. Some will go into them with ass backwards views and, as I said, that's their burden to bear. No need to even worry about it that much. Their opinions aren't invalid, though, because opinions can't be invalidated. You just have to ignore them.

That's a good point. But I think people who get paid for reviewing movies should see them through different lenses than they want. When people read Rambo reviews, they want to know if action/direction/story/Stallone are good, not crying about Trump, racism, Mexico and MAGA. The same thing with absolutely any movie. Good critics tell their opinion about the movie itself, shitty critics push their agenda instead of reviewing the movie.

Edited by Firepower
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Between Endgame and Joker, which one would people say was the more surprising success story?

Joker. I've seen people at least joking about Endgame beating Avatar, but I haven't seen people joking about Joker crossing 1 bln without China, it was too insane.

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

more like

"good critics are the ones who agree with me" 

Sorry, I'm not gonna bite this provocation. I know enough good critics whose opinion I respect no matter if I agree with them or not. It's all about reviewing the actual movie and leaving shitty politics aside.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This trailer still gives me chills... life was so good back then. I was such a happy person. The hate this movie got, plus the US presidential election, made 2016 the year that everything changed for the worse in my life. But I still have hope one day I'll feel happy again and the world will make sense for me again.

Queen Viola with the best take yet. 

Davis went on to explain that what she loves about superhero films is their ability to capture and expand the imagination. “Albert Einstein said that imagination is more valuable than knowledge. If I did not have my imagination, I would still be poor Viola living in Central Falls, Rhode Island, who is not considered attractive or whatever,” she said. “My imagination defined me. I could escape into a world that’s infinite, a world that I could create on my own, a world where I could redefine myself. That’s where art lives."

She continued, “Art lives in that world of imagination. It’s a playground there. It’s God’s playground. It’s not up to anyone to say what deserves to be there and what doesn’t deserve to be there. It’s anything that you want to be in that place can live there. And that is why we have some of the greatest painters, some of the greatest actors, some of the greatest writers, and that’s why we live. So I do believe that there’s a place for all of it.”

Davis did qualify that she loves all of Scorsese’s films. “I think he was voicing his opinion. I think it’s valid,” she said. “Everyone had a place, an opinion. But I like a good Marvel movie.”

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

1 minute ago, Ororo Munroe said:

“Everyone had a place, an opinion. But I like a good Marvel movie.”

Interesting she doesn't say she likes a good DC movie... bad news for Twoicide Squad's script? 🤔 

/s

• Haha 1

Just now, cdsacken said:

Nope.

“I do like a good Marvel movie. I do like a good DC Comics movie,” she said.

Considering she's currently under DC's payroll, of course she's gonna defend them lol

Just now, TMP said:

Considering she's currently under DC's payroll, of course she's gonna defend them lol

It's her 2nd DC film right? No need to spin. She said it for both. I love a good dc and mcu film too. Hoping Batman kicks ass!

33 minutes ago, TMP said:

Interesting she doesn't say she likes a good DC movie... bad news for Twoicide Squad's script? 🤔 

/s

No it's because great directors have targeted the MCU directly. Scorsese said it wasn't real cinema, Coppola said they were despicable; they have also been compared to hamburgers, mass produced by a soulless corporate machine.

That may be why Davis felt the need to specifically defend (good) Marvel movies.

• ...wtf 1

Yes, Viola's words mean that The Suicide Squad is a bad movie. A film that hasn't finished shooting, hasn't been edited, scored or screened to anyone. Can't DC and or Gunn haters at least wait until a trailer before they try to take down another DC movie? It's honestly embarrassing to do it this early. It's no wonder I am enjoying the pain DC haters are in as Joker continues to succeed.

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yes, Viola's words mean that The Suicide Squad is a bad movie. A film that hasn't finished shooting, hasn't been edited, scored or screened to anyone. Can't DC and or Gunn haters at least wait until a trailer before they try to take down another DC movie? It's honestly embarrassing to do it this early. It's no wonder I am enjoying the pain DC haters are in as Joker continues to succeed.

I put an "/s" at the end, I was being sarcastic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It's a shsme to see renowned "DC hater" TMP dunking on TSS so early. That clever bastard even went so far as to use " 🤔 /s" in a transparent bid for plausible deniability, but we've sluethed out his true intent.

Edited by Thanos Legion