Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

If Blade’s getting his own movie, it would’ve made sense for that movie to be rated R. Blade in general doesn’t really seem like he’d fit in with the MCU very well, at least not as a leading man. He probably would’ve worked better with the Netflix shows. Still, I guess that even Kevin Feige couldn’t turn down the chance of getting Mahershala Ali to be in the MCU (and no, Luke Cage, doesn’t count). 

30 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If Blade’s getting his own movie, it would’ve made sense for that movie to be rated R. Blade in general doesn’t really seem like he’d fit in with the MCU very well, at least not as a leading man. He probably would’ve worked better with the Netflix shows. Still, I guess that even Kevin Feige couldn’t turn down the chance of getting Mahershala Ali to be in the MCU (and no, Luke Cage, doesn’t count). 

There's no reason why Blade can't be PG-13 though

13 hours ago, Napoleon said:

The fact that people keep posting these comments is hilarious, as Lindelof wasn't exactly praising Snyder's Watchmen. This is basically the equivalent of saying the movie wasn't very good but Snyder did the best he could. I hear Lindelof and Snyder are friends (or friendly) which may explain why Lindelof chose his words carefully. 

By the way, after two episodes of Watchmen, I have to say this show has the potential to be the best live action adaptation of any DC property ever. Very impressive, very cool stuff so far. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

The fact that people keep posting these comments is hilarious, as Lindelof wasn't exactly praising Snyder's Watchmen. This is basically the equivalent of saying the movie wasn't very good but Snyder did the best he could. I hear Lindelof and Snyder are friends (or friendly) which may explain why Lindelof chose his words carefully. 

By the way, after two episodes of Watchmen, I have to say this show has the potential to be the best live action adaptation of any DC property ever. Very impressive, very cool stuff so far. 

Too bad this show can't even beat CW's Batwoman in the ratings. I'm sad it is nowhere near as popular as the original film

MIFDXak.jpg

• Knock It Off 1

1 minute ago, TestPattern said:

Lol, I didn't actually realize that till I read you post and you're right. There was an inner monologue, there was over the top violence, it had Snyder's trademark  slowmo.

It didn't feel malicious though, it felt like it was a commentary on it but it didn't feel like he was dunking on Snyder (or Ryan Murphy, whose work the show-within-a-show was also modeled after)

37 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

Best funnybook adaptation ever

While we’re on the subject of Zack Snyder, I will say that I do have a certain admiration for his work. Yeah, he probably didn’t entirely get the point of the Watchmen comics and he did botch any chance DC had at competing with Marvel on the silver screen, but you can’t deny that he is a man with a vision. I won’t deny that his movies are generally schlock, but they at least aren’t forgettable schlock, unless you count Justice League. I’m not ashamed to admit that I was one of those people who defended Man of Steel back in the day or that I was cautiously optimistic about BvS. 

I like Man of Steel but I completely get why it has a mixed reception. A couple of key changes and Man of Steel probably would have had okay word of mouth and reached 350mil. WB had a chance to fix what people's issues were with Man of Steel in a Batman/Superman team up film but instead they kept Zack Snyder on and allowed him to thumb his nose at people with legitimate criticisms and Batman v Superman paid the price at the box office after opening weekend. And so did Justice League. He's just a proudly palorizing director. Watchmen, Mos, BvS. All got the same reception to varying degrees.

9 minutes ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

I like Man of Steel but I completely get why it has a mixed reception. A couple of key changes and Man of Steel probably would have had okay word of mouth and reached 350mil. WB had a chance to fix what people's issues were with Man of Steel in a Batman/Superman team up film but instead they kept Zack Snyder on and allowed him to thumb his nose at people with legitimate criticisms and Batman v Superman paid the price at the box office after opening weekend. And so did Justice League. He's just a proudly palorizing director. Watchmen, Mos, BvS. All got the same reception to varying degrees.

When it was announced that BvS would deal with the aftermath of MoS, that definitely seemed like a good sign. I remember seeing those set photos in 2014 of people protesting Superman and I was happy that it looked like they would acknowledge the destruction at the end of the previous film. I was also hopeful that Chris Terrio’s involvement would mean that the script for BvS would be more polished than its predecessor. 

Unfortunately, while BvS didn’t ignore the destruction that occurred in MoS, it didn’t do anything to address the criticisms about how dour the previous film was and, in fact, doubled down on the darkness and the violence, in addition to having a more convoluted plot and an antagonist with confusing motives. 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

When it was announced that BvS would deal with the aftermath of MoS, that definitely seemed like a good sign. I remember seeing those set photos in 2014 of people protesting Superman and I was happy that it looked like they would acknowledge the destruction at the end of the previous film. I was also hopeful that Chris Terrio’s involvement would mean that the script for BvS would be more polished than its predecessor. 

Unfortunately, while BvS didn’t ignore the destruction that occurred in MoS, it didn’t do anything to address the criticisms about how dour the previous film was and, in fact, doubled down on the darkness and the violence, in addition to having a more convoluted plot and an antagonist with confusing motives. 

I was very hopeful early on. I didn't want nor expect an "apology" but I did expect for the issues to be smartly addressed. I don't mind dark films, I like Joker quite a bit, but personally I think that even in dark movies heroes should act like heroes and not blustering edgy frat-boys.

22 minutes ago, Ororo Munroe said:

I will agree with that. If Lindelof can stick the landing, it will probably end up as number 1 on my list. 

He's playing around with some incredibly volatile themes pretty insightfully so far, if he pulls this off through the ninth episode I think it's gonna be something really special.

Speaking of Watchmen I checked out some of Doomsday Clock recently and... wow, it makes me appreciate the show even more. I don't know what that thing was trying to do