Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like the whole “TDKR sucks” sentiment has slowed down as of 2019. 

We’ve since been barraged by inferior comic book movies that make it look better in hindsight 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Panda said:

We’ve since been barraged by inferior comic book movies that make it look better in hindsight 

No need to make it look better imo. TDKR -  apart from some logical errors that i can overlook and the worst death scene in cinema history - is just a great blockbuster and a very good end to the Nolan Batman series. I personally never understood why it got so much hate in the internet.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Maybe I’m wrong, but it seems like the whole “TDKR sucks” sentiment has slowed down as of 2019. 

I think it's less discussed due to age but I always see those sentiments like "TDKR drags down the trilogy" which I vehemently disagree with. The scene where Bruce climbs out of the pit is possibly my favorite in all three movies, and it's overall a thrilling, well-directed, and emotionally powerful blockbuster.

4 minutes ago, Menor said:

I think it's less discussed due to age but I always see those sentiments like "TDKR drags down the trilogy" which I vehemently disagree with. The scene where Bruce climbs out of the pit is possibly my favorite in all three movies, and it's overall a thrilling, well-directed, and emotionally powerful blockbuster.

The Baneposting craze probably didn’t do its reputation any favors, but I think it’s a pretty satisfying end to the trilogy. I used to think that having Batman survive was a cop out, but after seven years of hindsight, I don’t think it would’ve made sense to kill him off. A major part of his story in the trilogy was that he wanted to eventually settle down and live a normal life. If the movie ended with him dying, it would’ve rendered his arc incomplete. 

$100 million budget for a season of Green Lantern is actually not high considering the cost of television series these days.   Euphoria cost $88 million and that's a teen drama with no big stars. See on Apple starring Jason Momoa has a $170 million dollar budget. I imagine a Green Lantern series would need much more than that to have the expected quality. But that's an information put out by Grace Randolph, they said anything about budget at the HBO Max presentation.

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

$100 million budget for a season of Green Lantern is actually not high considering the cost of television series these days.   Euphoria cost $88 million and that's a teen drama with no big stars. See on Apple starring Jason Momoa has a $170 million dollar budget. I imagine a Green Lantern series would need much more than that to have the expected quality. But that's an information put out by Grace Randolph, they said anything about budget at the HBO Max presentation.

It'll look like a cw show probably

• Haha 1

Just now, TMP said:

It'll look like a cw show probably

The DC Universe shows (what little I've seen of them at least) have better production values than what we see on The CW for the most part. I imagine they're much more generous to streaming than they are to dwindling network TV.

Titans, doom patrol, swamp thing have all been good-great and my biggest surprise this year so far besides watchmen obviously has been pennyworth, really good show as well, I was happy to see it was renewed today. I’m sad Kyrpton was canceled and am looking forward to seeing Stargirl whenever I get to see it.

I’m more then open to giving anything a shot. Unfortunately I don’t think HBO max will be fully coming to Canada as HBO already has a deal here and I was reading details today. So I’m still unsure what will come and at what point. DC universe shows still don’t come here till a few months after the seasons end now. 

Edited by cax16
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

swamp thing budget was like 80m so 100m for green lantern seems low but still that is just a rumor 

Hawkeye is gonna cost 200m so a 100m GL show is gonna look pretty cheap. They should have done a movie, Chris McQuarrie pitched them one in 2018. This show will only hurt this IP even more than the movie did

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, AnDr3s said:

swamp thing budget was like 80m so 100m for green lantern seems low but still that is just a rumor 

Exactly, no one has any real info on the show so it’s best to just wait and see before anyone judges anything. 

New drinking game, kids.

Drink a shot each time Joaquin starts that annoying laugh.

But wait there s a twist.

Keep drinking as long as the laugh lasts.

Goodbye liver.

Can't wait for the 3h director's cut with more laughing scenes.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, TMP said:

Hawkeye is gonna cost 200m so a 100m GL show is gonna look pretty cheap. They should have done a movie, Chris McQuarrie pitched them one in 2018. This show will only hurt this IP even more than the movie did

I’m okay with that. I mean I want a good GL movie but hey this means I can continue with GLC CAYOM franchise.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I’m okay with that. I mean I want a good GL movie but hey this means I can continue with GLC CAYOM franchise.

We went from a big budget Green Lantern film from the guy behind MI: Fallout, which would have probably had the Cruise Missile as Hal Jordan, to another CW flop starring some kid from Glee

• Like 1