Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Being an arrogant , patronizing & condescendant lefty that is supposedly on team working class  because Marxism & oppression ! that spits on the face of the working class cultural tastes.

I understand perfectly what these people are saying.

Stan Lee was terrified to go at New York parties in the 70's and 80's because of people like Scorcese and Coppola.

Stan Lee would lie on wÌat he did for a living.

Who are the tolerant and open minded people in this story ?

I will let you be the judge.

Definitely not fanboys

6 minutes ago, john2000 said:

why? in my point of view, he meant that marvel movies and blockbuster movies in general,like them or not , they are still cinema, people put the sole into this movies and work their ass off, and thats true regardless of i or you feel about them, feige or the guys at pixar doesnt care any less about their movies ,they care as much as martin does with his movies

Bob Iger certainly doesn't care about movies as much as Scorsese does lol. If he cared that much about movies, Disney wouldn't be anywhere near as big as it is today.

Edited by lorddemaxus
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Bob Iger certainly doesn't care about movies as much as Scorsese does lol. If he cared that much about movies, Disney wouldn't be anywhere near as big as it is today.

i am not talking that he does, i am talking , in the sense that i can see the point of his comment, at the same time disney is big bc it also makes quality movies, pixar, walt disney animation,marvel

Edited by john2000

23 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

Definitely not fanboys

Because being insulting from Scorcese and Coppola s part is oh so mature of them I presume, amirite ?

They should assume what they really are : arrogant tools.

And I would say this to their faces If I got the chance.

Edited by The Futurist

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Because being insulting from Scorcese and Coppola s part is oh so mature of them I presume, amirite ?

They should assume what they really are : arrogant tools.

And I would say this to their faces If I got the chance.

It is not like you or all of the people from the so-called working class are humble anyway.  

25 minutes ago, john2000 said:

i am not talking that he does, i am talking , in the sense that i can see the point of his comment, at the same time disney is big bc it also makes quality movies, pixar, walt disney animation,marvel

Disney is big because it knows how to milk established IPs for all they’re worth. Aside from Marvel and Star Wars, there’s also the live action remakes. Even as far as Pixar is concerned, the studio’s biggest films of the 2010s have all been sequels. 

Edited by WittyUsername

12 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Disney is big because it knows how to milk established IPs for all they’re worth. Aside from Marvel and Star Wars, there’s also the live action remakes. Even as far as Pixar is concerned, the studio’s biggest films of the 2010s have all been sequels. 

i dont disagree with the statementm,however most of the movies are good/great too

2 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

Except he isn't saying he decides what cinema is. He's just voicing his opinion. Cinema is something different to different people. He's only frustrated by Marvel because of the space they take in today's industry. As he says, he wouldn't care if it weren't for those underlying problems.

does he not know that superhero movies are one of the few reasons why cinema isn't completely dead?  does he want people to just stop going to the movies or something. when was the last time a non-franchise film hit a billion? (Zootopia and Titanic? lol)

does he think if there was no Marvel movies playing in theaters that suddenly his movies will be making more money? I highly doubt it would make anything more in any  significant way, people will just wait them out for digital release rather than bother to see them in theaters even if they have a wider release. if a movie has an audience it will find it. 

his frustration seems more about what modern audiences prefer to see rather than the what the industry is doing , which is not surprising of someone like Scorsese cus he's a boomer. 

Edited by RealLyre
word

If he's so concerned about this then why not blame streaming services which are a much bigger problem for his type of movie. Marvel movies and other blockbusters are dominant because they get people excited to see them beforehand. Yeah people will watch other movies but they aren't necessarily motivated to seek them out.

Also, there seems to be this weird condescension against series and franchises as if there is only one way to tell a story. 

2 hours ago, john2000 said:

i have yet to understand, how all this became for mcu exclusively,when we all know that he meant blockbuster movies in general

This. He used Marvel as an example, but was really talking about the way the big budget action oriented blockbuster is pushing everything else off the movie screen.

And ,boy, are the geek fanboys here displaying their ignorance.

I loved the one who basically bragged about how he never sat through a Scorsese film. IMHO it shows he probably can't watch anything the does not have an explosion or a monster or a huge action sequence every ten minutes. In other words, someone who is pretty ignorant.

30 minutes ago, Menor said:

If he's so concerned about this then why not blame streaming services which are a much bigger problem for his type of movie. Marvel movies and other blockbusters are dominant because they get people excited to see them beforehand. Yeah people will watch other movies but they aren't necessarily motivated to seek them out.

Also, there seems to be this weird condescension against series and franchises as if there is only one way to tell a story. 

Uh, it was a streaming service that gave Scorsese the money to make "The Irishman".

Maybe you are satisfied with a movie menu of nothing but series and franchises . A lot of us are not.

I wonder if anybody above the age of 18 is posting in this thread.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, titanic2187 said:

It is not like you or all of the people from the so-called working class are humble anyway.  

Nothing is funnier then an intellecutual pretending he is a member of the working class. They always mess it up.

42 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

does he not know that superhero movies are one of the few reasons why cinema isn't completely dead?  does he want people to just stop going to the movies or something. when was the last time a non-franchise film hit a billion? (Zootopia and Titanic? lol)

does he think if there was no Marvel movies playing in theaters that suddenly his movies will be making more money? I highly doubt it would make anything more in any  significant way, people will just wait them out for digital release rather than bother to see them in theaters even if they have a wider release. if a movie has an audience it will find it. 

his frustration seems more about what modern audiences prefer to see rather than the what the industry is doing , which is not surprising of someone like Scorsese cus he's a boomer. 

Yup, everyone would cancel Netflix/Hulu, people would throw out their high-def 50" TVs, network procedurals and three-camera sitcoms would dominate primetime television once more, and star power would reign supreme at the box office again, if the MCU suddenly went away. The reasons people don't flock to movie theaters for adult dramas like they used to are complex, and not as simple as pointing the finger at that pesky Marvel. 

And I say this as someone who more or less gave up on the MCU 5-6 years because I just wasn't that invested, but they release 3-4 movies a year. People are carrying on like everything that's not based on IP gets relegated to 400 screens or something. Maybe that's where things are headed but we are hardly there yet.

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

And you are just another ,Millinial who thinks he knows everything when in fact he knows nothing.

Two can play at that game.

1 hour ago, RealLyre said:

Yes there will be significant changes though. Smaller movies will get more advertising, a larger theater count, and it would be easier for people to actually watch these movies. What you're saying is that if Marvel dies, then cinema dies. That's even worse.

A movie will find its audience if the audience knows it exists in the first place. And if you actually read his op-ed, it's pretty clear his frustration is with the industry, not audiences.

What you're doing is going trying to make Scorsese a stereotype which he very clearly isn't. But of course you think that he's a typical boomer since you don't know much about him.

Edited by lorddemaxus