Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

7 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Been spending the last couple of days watching Hitchcock movies - never seen them before. Woah, they are pretty good (except vertigo that was shite). The dialogue is so rich - I kinda wish actors spoke like that again. Only flaw is that his movies end right after the climax. It feels a bit odd. So far I've seen: North by Northwest, Dial M for Murder, Rear Window, Vertigo and Rope. 

Any other recommendations? 

And I think Vertigo might be his best film....

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Jason Momoa on Instagram

That’s a cool pic, hopefully one day we’ll get to see the cut of the movie. Not sure where WB stands on it but I guess we’ll see. Been trending for hours now. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

Part of it is just desperation. It was such a shitty movie people want there to be a miraculous great version somewhere.

For me personally, I have no trouble believing that Snyder’s version of the movie would’ve been a mess, but I still would like to have seen it.  

• Like 1

18 hours ago, dudalb said:

And I think Vertigo might be his best film....

The world would be boring if we all thought the same. Vertigo was disliked by critics and audience back in the day. I'll watch it again someday and see if my opinion changes. 

Everybody knows that's not true. Marvel makes the broadest, easiest to understand cash grabs in the business. They're not going to start limiting their audience now, especially for a flop streaming service. I know they're desperate to make Disney+ successful after turning down so much Netflix money, but they wouldn't put the MCU at risk. Watching these low quality TV shows will definitely not be necessary, I guarantee you.

• Like 1