Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

No one would even know what Watchmen is if it wasn't for the movie. It made the comic book popular in the whole world. That's why we got prequel comics, a crossover with the DC universe, and a television series.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

No one would even know what Watchmen is if it wasn't for the movie. It made the comic book popular in the whole world. That's why we got prequel comics, a crossover with the DC universe, and a television series.

What next?No one heard of Superman  before Man Of Steel? Makes just as much sense.

That is like saying no one  heard of Lord Of The Rings before Peter Jackson...

And though Watchmen did pretty good at the box office, it was not the kind of massive hit you make it out to be.

But this confirms what some of us have suspected:you are not really a DC fan, you are a Snyder fan and you seem to be ripping the DCU on a regular basis since Snyder lost control of it.

Edited by dudalb

5 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Before Man Of Steel everyone used to say Superman was a boring and uninteresting character, though. Audiences hated Superman Returns. :ph34r:

And our word for today ,kids, is delusional. Can you say delusional?

But you are helping to prove my statement you are not a DC fan but a Snyder fan. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why did Man of Steel make more money than Superman Returns? 

Because it was a better movie?

Problem I have is when Napoleon said no one was interested in Superman before MOS. Just because people did not like the way Supes was portrayed in SR does not mean they were not interested in Superman as a character;it meand they did not like that particular version of him.

I over all liked MOS desite a lot of flaws, but to say that MOS "saved" Superman as a popular character is just plain wrong.

https://www.cbr.com/is-superman-boring/

https://www.denofgeek.com/movies/superman/13574/does-superman-need-to-change

This type of discussion was very common before Man Of Steel. I thought this was very well known, people really used to think of Superman as a boring and uninteresting hero. Contrary to what dudalb is saying, I'm a DC fan since I was a kid, and Superman was always my favorite hero, so I remember what people used to say about the character.

Finally rewatched Star Wars episode 1 for the first time in almost a decade and watched episode 2 and 3 for the first time. I was gonna watch the prequels before TFA but I they looked pretty boring and I ended up being right. Episode 1 was dumb (in a bad way) for the most part so I was actually having fun until they left Tatooine. But most of the acting is terrible, the last act is a complete bore.

Episode 2 was just a whole bunch of filler honestly. It seemed way more intent on world building but why should I care about the world when I don't care about the characters. And Anakin is a creep.

Episode 3 is probably the most ambitious out of the three but I still don't understand why Anakin turned to the dark side and his motivations make no sense. And again, I couldn't care about any of the characters so there was nothing that really engaged me. 

I'm really surprised by the love Obi-Wan gets and the hate Jar Jar gets. Obi-Wan has zero character development and Ewan McGregor doesn't do an amazing job of playing and although Jar Jar is an absolutely terrible comic relief character, he's only prominent in one movie and honestly, he's one of the reasons why I found A Phantom Menace so much dumb fun. His character was funny in a bad way.

Edited by lorddemaxus

Since they already have writers rooms and showrunners, it sounds like all of the Disney+ shows after Falcon and Winter Soldier will arrive in 2021. So from Shang-Chi to She-Hulk that means the MCU will have 63 releases in 2021. The Scorsese Stan Outrage crew will be mad all year. 😎

34 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

Since they already have writers rooms and showrunners, it sounds like all of the Disney+ shows after Falcon and Winter Soldier will arrive in 2021. So from Shang-Chi to She-Hulk that means the MCU will have 63 releases in 2021. The Scorsese Stan Outrage crew will be mad all year. 😎

will the shows be good tho. Or cheap looking like the Mandalorian?

• Like 1

And I think we have the "asshole fan of the month" winners: a few Star Wars fans are revealing the ending of "Knives Out" on twitter and on websites in an attempt to "get even" with Rian Johnson for The Last Jedi.

What a bunch of total ass holes.

• Sad 1
  • Disbelief 1

2 hours ago, dudalb said:

And I think we have the "asshole fan of the month" winners: a few Star Wars fans are revealing the ending of "Knives Out" on twitter and on websites in an attempt to "get even" with Rian Johnson for The Last Jedi.

What a bunch of total ass holes.

This is sad but it's what we, as a society, deserve. When we said it was okay to bully Zack Snyder and DC fans on social media in 2016, we opened the door for people to act like assholes to any filmmaker. It's hypocritical to complain now that the target is someone we respect. We have to deal with the consequences of our actions.

• Sad 1