Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Man of Steel? “A great starting point. If I were to go back, I don’t think I’d change anything.” Batman v Superman? “Very much a Batman movie. And I think that realm of darkness is great for a Batman movie.” Justice League? “It didn’t work.”

25 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so Marvel sees Joker making money in October and immediately grabs that date for future movies and shuts DC out. Ruthless 

Its not the october date. You could have released it now and it would have made good money.

The release date didn't make JOKER, disney doesn't understand that. They can only follow in DC's footsteps and attempt to replicate the magic. Which they will fail to do so, as darkness isn't their ally.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

so Marvel sees Joker making money in October and immediately grabs that date for future movies and shuts DC out. Ruthless 

Marvel wants that CBM  monopoly so bad...being dominant is not enough...They can increase their output to 8 films a year, it won't still prevent SONY or WB from having breakout or billion dollars CBMs....

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

I wish I knew what exactly AT&T/WB think they’d have to lose if they released Zack Snyder’s version of the movie. As I’ve said many times already, they wouldn’t even have to spend anymore money on it. They could just release the assembly cut as an HBO Max exclusive. That would actually be a pretty smart way of goading people into signing up for the service. As a bonus, they’d no longer have to worry about people constantly bugging them about it and they’d actually generate some goodwill. 

Hell, they already went through the trouble of putting together a “Donner Cut” of Superman II, despite having less to work with. 

38 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wish I knew what exactly AT&T/WB think they’d have to lose if they released Zack Snyder’s version of the movie. As I’ve said many times already, they wouldn’t even have to spend anymore money on it. They could just release the assembly cut as an HBO Max exclusive. That would actually be a pretty smart way of goading people into signing up for the service. As a bonus, they’d no longer have to worry about people constantly bugging them about it and they’d actually generate some goodwill. 

Hell, they already went through the trouble of putting together a “Donner Cut” of Superman II, despite having less to work with. 

I think that might be the only way the "Snyder Cut" get released.

I ma convinced it will turn out to be like the Donner cut..more of an interesting curiosity then an actual film.

But I have to laugh at Josh Trank supporting Snyder. If I were Snyder, I would not want Trank's support.

Edited by dudalb

40 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I think it’s more that it would send a confusing message to anyone who watched it. It’s like “oh here’s another version of a film that we put out a few years ago that the majority of viewers didn’t like, but this one also has a cliffhanger that will never be followed up on”.

Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the effort on WB’s part to do anything, sure it’d please the fans who are loyal to it, but they’re in the bag for all the other DC films they put out anyway, it’s not like the people who are part of this campaign will not turn up to The Batman, and the rest of us who have no interest in watching another version of JL will skip it.

Edited by SnokesLegs
  • Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hades said:

Marvel wants that CBM  monopoly so bad...being dominant is not enough...They can increase their output to 8 films a year, it won't still prevent SONY or WB from having breakout or billion dollars CBMs....

You know, your attacks on Marvel have become just plain boring. At least try to be entertaining about it.

Put some effort into your trolling, dammit!

Edited by dudalb
  • Knock It Off 1

45 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

There's a big different between Superman II and Justice League, Superman II was successful. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

There's a big different between Superman II and Justice League, Superman II was successful. 

This. You also had the more then 25 years of curiosity and rumor about the Donner cut to spark interest..though the interest turned out not to be enough to make the Donner cut a success.

59 minutes ago, Hades said:

Not sure about that (the so bad part), a very small oligopoly that play game perfectly to each other like they are doing can have their benefit as well, I could imagine that the CBM war has a lot of fun, create a lot of the content online for free for them, participate to people fun and keeping the buzz hot.

They certainly want a Marvel movies monopoly too and to keep the entry of the genre really high and controlled (If someone would propose to make those property public domain they would fight it, if it would become possibl eto make those movies without a 400M budget + P&A and buying an expensive brand that would be bad, but DC making 2-3 movie a year... could be really good, specially if they are good)

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

if they can release three different cuts of Oliver Stone's Alexander and even Snyder's own Sucker Punch then they can release the Snyder cut

Question is how much work is needed on the Snyder cut, and how much would it cost.

And the Stone Alexander cuts have become something of a joke.

And that no one  except for the really hard core Snyder fans even remembers there was a directors cut of Sucker Punch means briging the film up is not a good argument for a Snyder cut for JL.