Jump to content
Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The DC brand is so damaged that Aquaman and Joker only made $1 billion dollars each.

And Aquaman was the DC movie right after JL too.

 

To be fair, before Snyder were the glory days of DC at the box office (Green Lantern, Superman Returns...).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

And Aquaman was the DC movie right after JL too.

 

To be fair, before Snyder were the glory days of DC at the box office (Green Lantern, Superman Returns...).

Overlooking somethings. Well-received movies, involving some batguy.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Snyder squandered the chance to make easy $1 Billion films for DC with BvS and JL but overall DC is very healthy and diverse. Joker and Aquaman are about as far apart as superhero films cam be go out both are from DC and both grossed $1 Billion. But yeah there's a reason we ain't getting JL 2 anytime soon.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, The Chad DC said:

Overlooking somethings. Well-received movies, involving some batguy.

It's true, also overlooked were Catwoman, Constantine, Jonah Hex... Those box office triumphs happened before DC became "damaged" according to some experts here.

Edited by MrGlass2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I really don’t care what anyone thinks of Snyder tbh, I just want to see the movie he set out to make. I’m not a huge Snyder fan boy or anything saying he can do no wrong, I’m just curious to see his cut of the movie. 
 

Also, the dc brand is more then fine, make good movies and have good release dates and your movies will make money.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

The DC brand is so damaged that Aquaman and Joker only made $1 billion dollars each.

It isn’t damaged but there should be no reason a Batman V Superman movie should be sub $1B when The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rise flew over it.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

It isn’t damaged but there should be no reason a Batman V Superman movie should be sub $1B when The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rise flew over it.

Civil War was a Captain America v Iron Man movie, with almost all the Avengers in it as well. It made less than Iron Man 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orestes said:

An assembly cut isn't even a rough cut. Its pretty much just everything they shot, with little to no post work (special effects, music, color grading, etc.) whatsoever.

The movie was in post-production for several months before Snyder left. It finished filming in October 2016 and Snyder officially left in May the following year. I’d assume they must have gotten plenty of post work done by then.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually do want to see Snyder's cut just for the Barry/Iris scenes that were completly cut from JL. Plus, it would be rather amusing to see the very same fans who've been campaigning for this predictably whining about the inevitable criticisms and mocking from Snyder "haters." They want it out there so they should be able to take the bad with the good but I very much doubt that.

  • ...wtf 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

It's true, also overlooked were Catwoman, Constantine, Jonah Hex... Those box office triumphs happened before DC became "damaged" according to some experts here.

No i agree with that. I should have clarified that well-received DC movies have been fine. But,as others have mentioned, Snyder really squandered the potential of a DC universe.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cax16 said:

It’s really crazy seeing all the pics snyder is sharing though(the Gal Gadot/Uxas pic) from today for example. Regardless of anything I’m very curious to see his cut of the movie one day just to see how different it really is cause it seems way way different. 
 

 

Is there a reason he can't say Darkseid? I just feel like this is snyder - again- trying to act like he knows more than us (unsurprising given his MoS and BvS comments).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, cax16 said:

After BvS,  Aquaman and Jokers box office runs nothing will surprise me ever again with regards to comic book movies. 

What was so surprising about Aquaman's box office performance? The dreaded DC brand aside, it was a rip-roaring superhero action flick, with a great cast and extraordinary effects, directed by one of the best in the biz.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fielding said:

What was so surprising about Aquaman's box office performance? The dreaded DC brand aside, it was a rip-roaring superhero action flick, with a great cast and extraordinary effects, directed by one of the best in the biz.

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Fielding said:

What was so surprising about Aquaman's box office performance? The dreaded DC brand aside, it was a rip-roaring superhero action flick, with a great cast and extraordinary effects, directed by one of the best in the biz.

Most people on here and online expected Aquaman to get eaten alive by marry poppins and bumblebee, and that was before reviews came out. 
 

I know for myself I was hoping for a 500-600m run which would of been great for an Aquaman solo origin story.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I know for myself I was hoping for a 500-600m run which would of been great for an Aquaman solo origin story.

 

Spot on .. nobody was expecting $1 B for Aquaman solo origin story .. in Asia movie over-performed usually DC has weak market there but this movie changed a lot things .. now expecting massive numbers for Aquaman2

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Civil War was a Captain America v Iron Man movie, with almost all the Avengers in it as well. It made less than Iron Man 3.

I don’t even like Civil War or know what it has to do with anything but the fact of the matter is the a glorified Avengers 2.5 still crossed $1B. Both outing with Superman and Batman together didn’t.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

I don’t even like Civil War or know what it has to do with anything but the fact of the matter is the a glorified Avengers 2.5 still crossed $1B. Both outing with Superman and Batman together didn’t.

BVS opening weekend was massive across the globe $422.5 M. 5th biggest start ever in which 3rd biggest start ever in IMAX screens just behind from TFA & JW .. clearly showing how big this movie was but thnxx to Snyder he absolutely killed the true potential of BVS .. even with decent film box office result would have been totally different .

Edited by Sunny Max
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Guidelines. Feel free to read our Privacy Policy as well.