Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

That's the problem when your $1 billion+ movie is winning major awards. :whosad:

Hard to blame them for not knowing how to handle popular and awards success at the same time, that is a situation almost unheard of since LOTR.

Not really. Black Panther - a more acclaimed movie than the taxi driver rip-off Joker - was was nominated for all major awards and they still kept mentioning the sequel (even during their SAG acceptance speech). 

Also LOL at comparing Joker a measly 1 billion grosser to the global event that was LOTR

Edited by HeadShot
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

Hard to blame them for not knowing how to handle popular and awards success at the same time, that is a situation almost unheard of since LOTR.

1 minute ago, HeadShot said:

Black Panther - a more acclaimed movie than the taxi driver rip-off Joker - was was nominated for all major awards and they still kept mentioning the sequel multiple times

Bohemian Rhapsody was also just last year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Is Joker not a global event? 

In some countries in Europe? Sure.. Other than that - hell no. It's not even close to the level of LOTR. It's an insulting comparison. 

Edited by HeadShot

37 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

In some countries in Europe? Sure.. Other than that - hell no. It's not even close to the level of LOTR. It's an insulting comparison. 

It’s apparently a big event in places like Lebanon and Hong Kong, too. It’s certainly a film that’s left an impression on a lot of people.

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

Not really. Black Panther - a more acclaimed movie than the taxi driver rip-off Joker - was was nominated for all major awards and they still kept mentioning the sequel (even during their SAG acceptance speech). 

Also LOL at comparing Joker a measly 1 billion grosser to the global event that was LOTR

Jesus the ignorance. MCU stans are jusy as bad as Snyder stans. Change my mind.

1 hour ago, HeadShot said:

You realize that, week of the release, the big outlets were talking about JOKER?

• Knock It Off 2

1 hour ago, OdinSon2k14 said:

All the Russo's post Marvel films star the MCU actors 🙂. 21 Bridges stars Chadwick Boseman, there a Netflix action film starring Chris Hemsworth, and a crime drama led by Tom Holland

Irony is 21 Bridges is going to be sliced up at the box office by "Knives Out" which has Chris Evans in his first major post Cap role.

15 hours ago, MrGlass2 said:

That's the problem when your $1 billion+ movie is winning major awards. :whosad:

Is it unheard of? Avatar, Black Panther and BR were in the same boat. If they have to choose between popularity and a golden statue, popularity should win every time.

13 hours ago, HeadShot said:

Ok so this guy is an example of a blatant fanboy

• Like 1

Watched X-Men animated series season 1 on Disney+ for the first time..  It's not as amazing as people claim. A lot of characters backstory are left untold (magneto, juggernaut, prof x etc) and they don't do a good job explaining their different powers. Perhaps season 2 will improve.  

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Watched X-Men animated series season 1 on Disney+ for the first time..  It's not as amazing as people claim. A lot of characters backstory are left untold (magneto, juggernaut, prof x etc) and they don't do a good job explaining their different powers. Perhaps season 2 will improve.  

It's aged pretty bad, tried to watch it again a few years ago and it wasn't anywhere near as good as I remembered. Ditto the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. The Batman one was good though

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Batman Beyond >>> All other animated CBM shows. 

Static Shock, Spectacular Spider-Man, OG Teen Titans and Young Justice are about the same level

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TMP said:

It's aged pretty bad, tried to watch it again a few years ago and it wasn't anywhere near as good as I remembered. Ditto the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. The Batman one was good though

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way. I never watched it as a kid so I don't have any nostalgia for it. I'll still probably finish it.  Good thing you told me about Spider-man lol - that was next on my watch list. Guess I'll skip it and go straight to Batman.  :stirthepot:

1 minute ago, EarlyDeadlinePredictions said:

Batman Beyond >>> All other animated CBM shows. 

Isn't Batman: The Animated series better?

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HeadShot said:

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one that feels this way. I never watched it as a kid so I don't have any nostalgia for it. I'll still probably finish it.  Good thing you told me about Spider-man lol - that was next on my watch list. Guess I'll skip it and go straight to Batman.  :stirthepot:

Isn't Batman: The Animated series better?

I prefer the futuristic vibe and grumpy old man Bruce. Terry is a cool protagonist as well. 

• Like 1