Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, MrGlass2 said:

That's because people actually watch the Berlanti shows. Most of them have good to great reviews by the way.

Last night's episode of Watchmen was one of the best reviewed episodes of the whole year, but sure, enjoy CW's shitty looking Crisis show

8 minutes ago, TMP said:

Last night's episode of Watchmen was one of the best reviewed episodes of the whole year, but sure, enjoy CW's shitty looking Crisis show

Well Leftovers had great reviews too, but it had awful ratings during its entire short run - and won 0 Emmy. You seemed confused about Warner's decision but the explanation is simple: Berlanti has made literally billions of dollars for them over the years.

Just now, MrGlass2 said:

Well Leftovers had great reviews too, but it had awful ratings during its entire short run - and won 0 Emmy. You seemed confused about Warner's decision but the explanation is simple: Berlanti has made literally billions of dollars for them over the years.

Pretty much this. It’s so easy to see why WB is doing what they’re doing for the CW and why they signed Berlanti to a huge deal, he’s done massive business for them.

The CW shows are easy to digest and dumb fun, which is fine. I watch a few of the shows and I’ll watch crisis just cause I’m curious and am a huge dc fan. I’ll also give the new Superman show a shot and can’t wait to see what they do for HBO max. Berlanti is also only producing on those shows on hbo just like he did with doom patrol which was pretty great. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, WittyUsername said:

It’s the CW. What do you expect?

When other DC shows like Watchmen are consistently delivering incredible episode I'm not sure why you should let CW off the hook for their unadulterated garbage lol

4 minutes ago, TMP said:

Good writing doesn't cost more money

I’d argue that being a network television show is a pretty big handicap, since there’s much less you can get away with compared to premium, streaming, or even cable. Of course, that’s not to say that the CW shows don’t have some...questionable writing, but network and cable television are a dying breed, so there’s probably not that much pressure to try and offer up something truly bold and groundbreaking. Frankly, I’m actually kind of surprised that the Arrowverse is still a thing.

Joss Whedon wouldn't be able to "fix" Justice League even if he had 10 years to work on it. Only way he would be able to make a cohesive Justice League movie was if he was able to leave everything Zack Snyder shot in the cutting room floor and start the movie from zero. Zack Snyder's completely original, groundbreaking visuals and storytelling doesn't match with mediocre, lifeless, lazy, sexist, unfunny, ugly, stupid, dull, shitty filmmaking.

38 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I...wouldn't go that far. 

I would.

The CW juggled multiple shows and created their own shared universe using throwaway characters with their very own 'Endgame'. All while getting cockblocked by WB at every turn

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1