Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Mind you I thought the acting was pretty damn good in that film. However yes, that's my point super hero films are not supposed to be bleak and depressing. It was like Sim City but more depressing.

Villain only films can get away with it. Mentally deranged, homicidal, pyscho sure why should that be happy? 

40 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’d say that The Dark Knight Returns had a bigger influence on the superhero genre than Watchmen, mainly because, unlike the latter, TDKR still presented its titular superhero as “cool.”

The Dark Knight Returns is good but I prefer Miller's Batman Year One. Some of his later work like All Star Batman and Robin and The Dark Knight Strikes Again are pretty bad. 

56 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

Mind you I thought the acting was pretty damn good in that film. However yes, that's my point super hero films are not supposed to be bleak and depressing. It was like Sim City but more depressing.

Villain only films can get away with it. Mentally deranged, homicidal, pyscho sure why should that be happy? 

I am a fan of the Sim City games...(except for the truly shitty lastest game....) but don't see the comparasion.

And who is to say that a super hero film should not be dark and depressing. "Logan" was not exactly a cheerful film.

Frankly, I am glad writers of hero comics are trying to make the genre grow up a little,rather then cater to all the 16 year olds out there.

And, if you look at the great heroic sagas, most of them have a tragic ending.

48 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

The Dark Knight Returns is good but I prefer Miller's Batman Year One. Some of his later work like All Star Batman and Robin and The Dark Knight Strikes Again are pretty bad. 

Dark Knight Strikes Again is like a parody of Dark Knight Returns.

And I will never forgive Miller for the way he messed up "The Spirit".

Most clueless fans are the Fox X men fanboys, who still in denial about how Disney is treating "The New Mutants" like something the cat dragged in.

They are STILL talking about huge reshoots for the film.  They are good at ignoring facts and reality.

7 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

He has a co-story credit. He did not write Wonder Woman's script. Why do you guys keep peddling that lie?

I didn't say script, I said story.

That story was intertwined with BvS, that's what the photo was all about. The story, the setting was set in stone before BvS was made.

How anybody can say ZS roll was superficial is pretty dumb.

And I'm not a ZS fanboy, that is just reality.

......also The Boys>>>>>>Watchmen

The way The Joker tries to justify its existence in the Batman/DC world is really pathetic.

Such an after thought, so dishonest & clumsy.

The Joker is such a cynical movie, created by a  Dudebro AI in the form of Todd Phillips.

"I am going to make an Artistic-indie gritty movie, copying shamelessly 70's Scorcese and play the victimhood mentality that has metastasized in our Post WW II world to win everyone's pity.

I ll put the Joker & DC brands on it.

And become filthy rich in the process."

The Todd

#ReleaseTheHalfCutDruggies doesn't have the same ring.

It's funny that, of all the entertainment topics that get discussed on social media, the Snyder Cut is the one Josh Trank decides to single out, when Snyder's movies are not empty of positive political messages like most comic book movies.

Man of Steel? “A great starting point. If I were to go back, I don’t think I’d change anything.” Batman v Superman? “Very much a Batman movie. And I think that realm of darkness is great for a Batman movie.” Justice League? “It didn’t work.”

so Marvel sees Joker making money in October and immediately grabs that date for future movies and shuts DC out. Ruthless 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, John Marston said:

so Marvel sees Joker making money in October and immediately grabs that date for future movies and shuts DC out. Ruthless 

Its not the october date. You could have released it now and it would have made good money.

The release date didn't make JOKER, disney doesn't understand that. They can only follow in DC's footsteps and attempt to replicate the magic. Which they will fail to do so, as darkness isn't their ally.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, John Marston said:

Marvel wants that CBM  monopoly so bad...being dominant is not enough...They can increase their output to 8 films a year, it won't still prevent SONY or WB from having breakout or billion dollars CBMs....

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

I wish I knew what exactly AT&T/WB think they’d have to lose if they released Zack Snyder’s version of the movie. As I’ve said many times already, they wouldn’t even have to spend anymore money on it. They could just release the assembly cut as an HBO Max exclusive. That would actually be a pretty smart way of goading people into signing up for the service. As a bonus, they’d no longer have to worry about people constantly bugging them about it and they’d actually generate some goodwill. 

Hell, they already went through the trouble of putting together a “Donner Cut” of Superman II, despite having less to work with. 

38 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I wish I knew what exactly AT&T/WB think they’d have to lose if they released Zack Snyder’s version of the movie. As I’ve said many times already, they wouldn’t even have to spend anymore money on it. They could just release the assembly cut as an HBO Max exclusive. That would actually be a pretty smart way of goading people into signing up for the service. As a bonus, they’d no longer have to worry about people constantly bugging them about it and they’d actually generate some goodwill. 

Hell, they already went through the trouble of putting together a “Donner Cut” of Superman II, despite having less to work with. 

I think that might be the only way the "Snyder Cut" get released.

I ma convinced it will turn out to be like the Donner cut..more of an interesting curiosity then an actual film.

But I have to laugh at Josh Trank supporting Snyder. If I were Snyder, I would not want Trank's support.

Edited by dudalb