Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

37 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of the CW shows, Arrow does at least deserve credit for making live action superhero shows popular again. 

Smallville can take the credit for that.

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Even though I’m not the biggest fan of the CW shows, Arrow does at least deserve credit for making live action superhero shows popular again. 

I'm pretty sure the Disney+ Marvel shows would still be green-lit if the Arrowverse never existed

2 hours ago, TMP said:

That's a weird thing to say since Watchmen is based on a comic book and is doing more bold, interesting things than the MCU ever has

Sure, and there's nothing wrong with that. Those are the showrunners' own creative choices. Good for them, and I mean that.

My point is that the reason the MCU is so big and popular is because their movies look like our beloved comics have been lifted right off the page and on to the big screen! It doesnt mean that comic book fans aren't also looking for something more mature and complex - look at Joker! - because they like a little of everything. It's just that Marvel movies are under no obligation to have that sort of slant or style. These critics forget or simply have no idea of their purpose when critiquing them. They dont give a shit about what they're based on and what audiences want to see. The movies just dont fit into their box of what they consider filmmaking so they must be shit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TMP said:

That's a weird thing to say since Watchmen is based on a comic book and is doing more bold, interesting things than the MCU ever has

I'd agree that it is, yes.  But it's also operating in a relatively empty space left in the wake of one of the more iconic comic books runs.  It's a musing on what could have happened afterwards (and a damn good one at that).  The MCU is still running on a mishmash formula built on existing source material because there's just so much of it left untapped.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JB33 said:

Like we can really take Josh Trank's opinion seriously, given you could leave a bunch of drunk teenage boys alone and they still wouldn't leave as much of a disaster in their wake as he reportedly did.

Yup, you're sooo cultured and above the rest of us aren't you Josh?

Why the hell should I take serously somebody who basically destroyed his career with one stupid tweet?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

Live action superhero TV shows were extremely rare back when Smallville was airing. They’re everywhere now. 

Only the CW shows exist because of Arrow. HBO's wanted to make a Watchmen show since 2012, before Arrow even aired. Agents of SHIELD was in development before Arrow, and that led to the Marvel/Netflix shows. Arrow's only responsible for more bad CW shows and maybe Titans, lol

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

This entire twitter thread has got to be the worst take ever of The Irishman.  I don't even know how this made it into my twitter feed.

hahahahahha, what the fuck

edit: the king of bad movie takes chimed in too

Edited by TMP
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, TMP said:

hahahahahha, what the fuck

edit: the king of bad movie takes chimed in too

I honestly thought this was satire at first but looking at her other tweets, this seems genuine. She even compares it to the prequels and Mandalorian lmao.

Also does Bob like The Irishman or is he just trying to suck up to both sides of the Scorsese vs Marvel debate? Because he did retweet Film Critic Hulk's tweet calling it a masterpiece while also saying this kinda shit.

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1