Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

6 hours ago, HeadShot said:

What the DCEU needs is a power producer like Fegie. Someone that's a fan of the comics and knows how the industry works. 

Getting a Kevin Feige is not as easy as people think. The guy has a vision. MCU movies may be mediocre but Feige knows exactly what audiences want. Every single time. And that's not easy to achieve.

To complicate things even more, pleasing audiences is not enough these days. If you don't also please critics, you are seen as a failure. They don't even buy tickets, but somehow if you don't please them it doesn't matter if audiences spend $873 million dollars to see your film.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Disbelief 1

All of JJ Abrams movies have gotten solid reviews and most have done decent to great box office. Hate him all you want but he is only polarizing on the internet. WB doesn't need Abrams of course but they need as safe a filmmaker as humanly possible to make the next Superman.

No more garbage like a sad Superman abandoning his child and baby mama like in Superman Returns and no more sad and brooding Ayn Rand Superman like in BvS. Superman needs a fun straight forward action adventure movie with heart. Making a good movie is not easy but WB should know what doesn't work now when it comes to Big Blue.

Edited by Zakiyyah6
  • ...wtf 1

9 hours ago, Napoleon said:

Getting a Kevin Feige is not as easy as people think. The guy has a vision. MCU movies may be mediocre but Feige knows exactly what audiences want. Every single time. And that's not easy to achieve.

To complicate things even more, pleasing audiences is not enough these days. If you don't also please critics, you are seen as a failure. They don't even buy tickets, but somehow if you don't please them it doesn't matter if audiences spend $873 million dollars to see your film.

Incorrect as always. Venom wasn't seen as a failure. It's reviews on average were terrible and it made 855mil and a sequel is filming right now. Studios care about audience response over critics. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, HeadShot said:

dragon prince season 3 is so so good. finally found a show that's almost as good as the last airbender.

Image result for crying gif"

I preferred season 2 I think, 3 just got a little crazy in scale and things felt a bit rushed. Overall though it’s definitely showing big promise as it continues, and I hope they get to execute their vision fully with season 4-7.   

For now:

A:TLA

SU

A:LOK

Dragon Prince  

14 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

I preferred season 2 I think, 3 just got a little crazy in scale and things felt a bit rushed. Overall though it’s definitely showing big promise as it continues, and I hope they get to execute their vision fully with season 4-7.   

For now:

A:TLA

SU

A:LOK

Dragon Prince  

What's that? Anime of netflix?

I’ve been annoyed with the streaming wars nonsense from the moment it first started. The amount of hubris that all these companies have is ridiculous. Seriously, an Apple TV streaming service? Why? 

Anyway, since this is Disney we’re talking about, they’ll probably come out on top in the streaming wars. They have such a huge monopoly over the entertainment industry that it’s impossible to compete with them at this point. Disney buying Fox was quite possibly the worst thing to happen to the entertainment industry in the 2010s. Sorry, but the Hulk fighting Wolverine and the Avengers fighting Dr. Doom is not worth Disney becoming a monopolistic powerhouse in the world of movies and television. 

Before anyone says anything, I’m well aware that Rupert Murdoch was the one who decided to sell his assets to Disney in the first place, but the fact that this was allowed to happen is just appalling.

Edited by WittyUsername
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I’ve been annoyed with the streaming wars nonsense from the moment it first started. The amount of hubris that all these companies have is ridiculous. Seriously, an Apple TV streaming service? Why? 

The over 200 billion business of network TV is transferring into streaming (where the "network-cable", how would it not create some war over it.

Has for an Apple type of the world, chance are that hardware get somewhat irrelevant before 2050, chance are good that content and it is exclusivity will be the name of the game. A bit like video game console, they all are basically the same very bad and extremely cheap& slow computer running inside a box, it is a war of title and all the console maker are now in the video game creation business.

13 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Anyway, since this is Disney we’re talking about, they’ll probably come out on top in the streaming wars.

Maybe historically the big long established players often won the wars in the newer market (see 3D animation, Pixar-Dreamworks, etc... had a little edge, got either bought and lost it to Disney), but Facebook-Amazon-Google are still around, maybe HBO-Disney will eat everything, but there is a non 0 chance that Netflix will end up on top.

Edited by Barnack

8 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

Anyway, since this is Disney we’re talking about, they’ll probably come out on top in the streaming wars. They have such a huge monopoly over the entertainment industry that it’s impossible to compete with them at this point. Disney buying Fox was quite possibly the worst thing to happen to the entertainment industry in the 2010s. Sorry, but the Hulk fighting Wolverine and the Avengers fighting Dr. Doom is not worth Disney becoming a monopolistic powerhouse in the world of movies and television. 

Before anyone says anything, I’m well aware that Rupert Murdoch was the one who decided to sell his assets to Disney in the first place, but the fact that this was allowed to happen is just appalling.

I currently have Netflix, hbo and Disney+, I only watch Mandalorian on Disney+ and will only watch Star Wars and mcu shows, I have no interest in anything else on there. Having Disney+ will also save me the cost of having to buy mcu/Star Wars movies ever again as I switched to digital purchase a while ago so keeping Disney+ makes sense for me. 

I can’t speak for anyone else but for me Disney+ doesn’t even come close to Netflix with regards to content, obviously it just launched and they’ll keep adding but the fact that they’ll never have anything R rated on there leads me to believe they’ll never top Netflix.  I believe they said Hulu will get the r rated stuff? Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

For me HBO is always tops with regards to  top quality content and I expect that to stay the same with hbo max even though hbo max won’t be really coming to Canada. 

• Thanks 2