Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

11 minutes ago, dudalb said:

And, frankly, though there is plenty of blame for both Snyder and Whedon for the mess that was JL, a lot of what was wrong with the film was clearly Snyder's doing. A number of scenes had all the flaws of Snyder previous work.

I think the Snyder cut is not anywhere near ready for release, and Snyder is saying it is in hopes of drumming up enough support to convince Warners to give him the money to finish it. That is not an unheard of tactic in the film industry.

If the rought cut is 214 minutes, guaranteed it needs work.

Unless a movie is meant to see a wide theatrical release, having a three and a half hour runtime shouldn’t matter. That’s the same length as the Ultimate Cut of Watchmen. 

55 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Lmaoooo

LMao at who?

Mednalson is right, an assembly cut is basically all the footage shot for a film assembled in order for the first time. it is almost always vastly longer then the rough cut, let alone the final film.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

LMao at who?

Mednalson is right, an assembly cut is basically all the footage shot for a film assembled in order for the first time. it is almost always vastly longer then the rough cut, let alone the final film.

Is statement is strange in many way.

An assembly cut is far from all the footage shot for a film, some movie have over 200 hours of films, now with multiple digital camera filming at the same time I would imagine 500 hours could occur (looking it up, Fury Road kept a big 480 hours of footage usable for the editors, the assembly cut is not 480 hours long with anyone watching that).

It is made by the team of editors a lot of choice/works goes into making it.

There is often no link at all between the assembly cut and the director of the movie (Nolan and many other famously do not ever watch the assembly cut before starting their own cut, just small part of it and go back to the footage bank that exist as they go, they are so terrible that they can demoralize, they put the editors choice in your head and so on) it is something that exist just for a very short amount of time when the photography is done, why would he bring the assembly cut in the conversation, it does not make sense.

Edited by Barnack

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

LMao at who?

What are you even arguing here? Mendelson insinuated the assembly cut was 3 hours, Snyder corrected him and said it was 5 hours

Scott himself admitted his mistake

Edited by Alexdube

I don't blame Snyder nor Whedon for JL being a clusterfuck. That falls on WB's shoulders and their's alone

WB threw out Snyder and Terrio's original plans and basically ghost directed from there on and when they didn't like what they saw the panicked like they always do

Edited by DlAMONDZ

3 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I don't blame Snyder nor Whedon for JL being a clusterfuck. That falls on WB's shoulders and their's alone

WB threw out Snyder and Terrio's original plans and basically ghost directed from there on and when they didn't like what they saw the panicked like they always do

The funniest thing to me is how WB apparently mandated that Steppenwolf’s design be changed, because they thought the concept art of the character looked too scary or something. 

46 minutes ago, DlAMONDZ said:

I think the fatal mistake was scheduling JL to start filming just a month after BvS opened...given them no time to make changes after seeing how BvS was received. That was plain old stupid.

It gave them no time to replace Snyder as a director..which is what they should have done if they did not like the reception of BvS,

Plenty of blame for Warners, but maybe Snyder and Terrio's plans for the movie..making is as much like BvS as possible...sucked also?

1 hour ago, WittyUsername said:

The funniest thing to me is how WB apparently mandated that Steppenwolf’s design be changed, because they thought the concept art of the character looked too scary or something. 

Lol first time hearing about this. Wouldn't surprise me tho. They were supposedly scared shitless of WW cutting off Steppenwolf's head 

34 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think the fatal mistake was scheduling JL to start filming just a month after BvS opened...given them no time to make changes after seeing how BvS was received. That was plain old stupid.

It gave them no time to replace Snyder as a director..which is what they should have done if they did not like the reception of BvS,

Plenty of blame for Warners, but maybe Snyder and Terrio's plans for the movie..making is as much like BvS as possible...sucked also?

It was a mistake but they still could've made it work had they delayed it and given Whedon and everybody else more time instead of rushing it out for bonus checks 

Edited by DlAMONDZ

1 minute ago, DlAMONDZ said:

Lol first time hearing about this. Wouldn't surprise me tho. They were supposedly scared shitless of WW cutting off Steppenwolf's head 

It was a mistake but they still could've made it work had they delayed it and given Whedon and everybody else more time instead of rushing it out for bonus checks 

Hell, I think the very hasty decision to turn MOS 2 into Batman versus Superman might have been the root of the problem. Warners was in too much of a rush to get their DC universe started, and took too many short cuts; they were too greedy for MCU level profits. They needed to gradual build it up, the way that Marvel studios did..and which DC studios seems to be doing post JL.