Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

3 hours ago, cdsacken said:

I personally can't wait for Batman, Aquaman 2 and Wonderwoman. Other DC films look mediocre. Still pissed they ruined Man of Steel sequel and no team films will be happening 

If we are talking about only 2020 and 2021 sure I agree otherwise not so much. I'd rather see both do awesome.

I'm more excited for Eternals, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spidey 3, and Thor: Love and Thunder than any upcoming DC films. 

The idea that BOP+WW84+TSS+Battinson+Black Adam+DC Super Pets+Aquaman 2 are more “exciting” than BW+Eternals+Shang-Chi+DS2+Spidey3+Thor4+BP2 is transparently contrarian nonsense written for clicks. The latter will have stronger average/aggregate trailer metrics, Domestic performance, overseas performance, and very likely critical and audience reception.    

And that’s fine. There are still many eventualities where those things are true and the former movies are highly successful, and that’s what people should focus on rather than some unwinnable dick measuring contest.    

Edit: I should clarify that’s it’s good for individuals to be excited by what they’re excited by, many many many people on the planet will be more excited for the former set of movies, and if the author is one of them that’s all well and good.  The issue is with implying it’s true for a majority of folks or in some objective sense, both of which are pretty ill-supported notions.

Edited by Arendelle Legion
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

The idea that BOP+WW84+TSS+Battinson+Black Adam+DC Super Pets+Aquaman 2 are more “exciting” than BW+Eternals+Shang-Chi+DS2+Spidey3+Thor4+BP2 is transparently contrarian nonsense written for clicks. The latter will have stronger average/aggregate trailer metrics, Domestic performance, overseas performance, and very likely critical and audience reception.    

And that’s fine. There are still many eventualities where those things are true and the former movies are highly successful, and that’s what people should focus on rather than some unwinnable dick measuring contest.    

Edit: I should clarify that’s it’s good for individuals to be excited by what they’re excited by, many many many people on the planet will be more excited for the former set of movies, and if the author is one of them that’s all well and good.  The issue is with implying it’s true for a majority of folks of in some objective sense, both of which are pretty ill-supported notions.

Why are you so pressed over a ScreenRant article?

• Like 3

DC's upcoming slate may well be very, very good - and it certainly features more popular and well known characters - but I can't pretend I'm more excited for it than Marvel's coming slate (well, maybe with the exception of Batman, because he's my favourite CB character of all time and it's NOT DCEU). Marvel's upcoming slate features less popular characters but they're coming as next chapters of a successful running cinematic universe so I'm just automatically invested. Yeah, I admit it, they got me. If WB succeeded with their universe it would be the same for their movies, which I'm sure will be great.

• Like 2

Even though I haven’t been keeping up with any part of the Arrowverse for years, I’m currently watching the first part of Crisis on Infinite Earths. I’m going to be honest here, it’s kind of sad that this is probably the closest DC will get to having their own Infinity Way/Endgame. 

Oh well, at least we have Joker. 

6 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

For a show that essentially requires you to have read the comic to understand anything about the plot the Watchmen show sure does fundamentally misunderstand a lot of the themes of the original comic. Particularly Veidt.

Lol What? Reading the comic gives you a greater understanding of the plot but no, it's not required reading. And I fail to see what it fundamentally misunderstands about the comic. On the contrary, this show is rather faithful to the themes of comic while elevating and expanding on it in such a way that Alan Moore himself would likely appreciate. 

Re: the trailer discussion, that WW trailer is very underwhelming imo. Every trailer from the first movie is better than this one. Wasn't all that impressed with the BW trailer either. Mulan and Bond are the best of the bunch. 

Edited by Ororo Munroe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

DC's upcoming slate may well be very, very good - and it certainly features more popular and well known characters - but I can't pretend I'm more excited for it than Marvel's coming slate (well, maybe with the exception of Batman, because he's my favourite CB character of all time and it's NOT DCEU). Marvel's upcoming slate features less popular characters but they're coming as next chapters of a successful running cinematic universe so I'm just automatically invested. Yeah, I admit it, they got me. If WB succeeded with their universe it would be the same for their movies, which I'm sure will be great.

Um sir this is the fanboys thread. Your rational, level headed takes are not wanted here. Bring the hate, thank you.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Menor said:

I'm more excited for Eternals, Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness, Spidey 3, and Thor: Love and Thunder than any upcoming DC films. 

That's fair. I think Marvel overall spanks them. Really excited about a couple DC films, I think several will suck. I expect Flash to be horrible sadly.

4 minutes ago, cdsacken said:

That's fair. I think Marvel overall spanks them. Really excited about a couple DC films, I think several will suck. I expect Flash to be horrible sadly.

I don't think any will be horrible. They have earned my cautious trust back with the last few. But the MCU has a bit of an advantage with having already done the worldbuilding to dive into some really cool and weird stuff, while DC is still in the character establishing stage.

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Menor said:

I don't think any will be horrible. They have earned my cautious trust back with the last few. But the MCU has a bit of an advantage with having already done the worldbuilding to dive into some really cool and weird stuff, while DC is still in the character establishing stage.

I am worried a lot about BOP and FLASH. The rest look solid. Pumped about Batman. I think you have to take risks to make it work.

I prefer DC movies , they tend to be more varied in tone, aesthetics , with all due respect to those who like MCU movies but to me they (almost) all look the same, BW looked exactly as I expected it to look,  I find it hard that Eternals won't will look like a Guardians of the Galaxy+Thor Ragnarok mix (I saw someone here saying the movie will look like Lord of the Rings, sorry but I really doubt it:D) Let's see what will happen in the coming months / years;).

Edited by Marcos12

26 minutes ago, cax16 said:

@TMP how was crisis episode 1? :) 

Didn't see it. I did, however, just see Watchmen episode 8. Holy shit, what an incredible hour of television. Better than every superhero film this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Didn't see it. I did, however, just see Watchmen episode 8. Holy shit, what an incredible hour of television. Better than every superhero film this year.

I was kidding, and I’m glad watchmen was good, I have it recorded so I can watch it tomorrow. Crisis was good also lol.