Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

4 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

The audience rating on Rotten Tomatoes has also been steadily climbing up. It’s still at 49%, but it was previously at 42%. 

lol I guess it really pissed off racists

On 12/15/2019 at 6:36 AM, WittyUsername said:

Why does this thread have to turn into a discussion about people supporting alleged or proven child molesters? I know this thread is meant to be a shit show, but what the fuck? Can we not go there?

Probably not, with human nature being what it is.

Only thing that would help is some real moderation, I think it's far too lax on this site compared to most forums I've used. Permabans and IP-bans exist for a reason.

Edited by Thomas Beck

4 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The Watchmen series was a disaster. I'm shocked.

As per Wikipedia, Watchmen series is the best new series for HBO since Big Little lies. The first episode has over 9.4m views. Reviews are very good and it's top trending on twitter every Sunday night. 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

As of episode 6, HBO reported 7 million viewers to date, making it HBO's most viewed new series since Big Little Lies. In addition it has contributed to the largest digital viewership for a freshman series since Westworld.HBO estimates that the Sunday night premiere viewership represents only about 10% of the total viewership for an episode, to the effect of word-of-mouth that has brought new viewers to the show, with the first episode having a total of 9.6 million viewers as of December 4, 2019.

10 minutes ago, TestPattern said:

I have absolutely no dog in this Star Wars fight, but I take the reaction to this movie as confirmation that Chris Terrio is just a bad writer and BvS and JL weren't just setbacks.

Thats not how it works.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TestPattern said:

I have absolutely no dog in this Star Wars fight, but I take the reaction to this movie as confirmation that Chris Terrio is just a bad writer and BvS and JL weren't just setbacks.

I think the problems in all the movies were emblematic of the people he was working with. BvS had Snyder problems and TROS seems to have JJ problems. 

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:57 AM, Napoleon said:

Mad because the show basically decided to be a sequel to the Alan Moore novel, and pretty much ignored the Zack Snyder film when it conflicted with the original novel?

Edited by dudalb
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, dudalb said:

Mad because the show basically decided to be a sequel to the Alan Moore novel, and pretty much ignored the Zack Snyder film when it conflicted with the original novel?

I actually think going back to the original ending was one of the things that worked. Problem is the show insults the characters, is full of plot holes, and this storytelling gimmick of throwing weird stuff to make us intrigued and then tie everything up in the end to blow our minds has grown tired after Westworld, The Leftovers and Mr Robot. This show will not hold up, people are already disappointed at the final episode, and will eventually come to their senses about the entire thing.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1