Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

32 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I actually think going back to the original ending was one of the things that worked. Problem is the show insults the characters, is full of plot holes, and this storytelling gimmick of throwing weird stuff to make us intrigued and then tie everything up in the end to blow our minds has grown tired after Westworld, The Leftovers and Mr Robot. This show will not hold up, people are already disappointed at the final episode, and will eventually come to their senses about the entire thing.

Am I watching the same show as you? Watchmen is fully authentic and fantastic storytelling at its best. I hope you are not the Synder apologist trashing on everything not about him. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The way the MCU humiliated the franchise game this decade is not even funny.

Grand, epic, masterful storytelling was in MCU land.

The Star Wars fiasco is not fun, it s actually pretty sad if you ask me.

MCU has done something which none of these franchises will ever be able to do. To make someone exited about saga finale of 21 movies is not an easy task. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edroger3 said:

After see it: the end credits of Avengers Endgame are more emotionally intense than the entire new SW trilogy.

have not seen this yet, but i thought Endgame was a letdown, loved the first 30-40 mins and then in devolved into a dumb blockbuster that slightly recovered in last 10 mins

• Disbelief 2

7 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

have not seen this yet, but i thought Endgame was a letdown, loved the first 30-40 mins and then in devolved into a dumb blockbuster that slightly recovered in last 10 mins

In fact I wrote "end credits" not "movie" 

Edited by edroger3

3 hours ago, AndyK said:

I watched the first 4 episodes of watchmen and gave up.

The Boys, on the other hand, is a terrific watch.

binged the whole of The Boys with some QT... was longest wait for the chill in the netflix and chill. Now the boys will have a special place in my memories.

“I think it’s a certainty. But let’s give 'Endgame' their moment and let’s celebrate that people are going to the movie theater.”

. "I don’t want to sound snarky after I took the high road (by offering congratulations)," Cameron said. "But they beat us by one quarter of a percent. I did the math in my head while driving in this morning. I think accountants call that a rounding error." 
:hahaha:

Edited by cax16
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, cax16 said:

“Let’s give 'Endgame' their moment and let’s celebrate that people are going to the movie theater.”

Cameron really is an inspiration, he shows that an artist can achieve unparalleled success yet remain humble.

Edited by MrGlass2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

this star wars fiasco is entertaining

With TLJ, its clear there wasn't any planning with this trilogy.  Or if there was one at all, it was thrown out with Rian Johnson.  This ST is a jumbled mess.  TFA had a very good excuse for being a "safe" movie and was a competent start to something potentially great, but my god they shit the bed with the next 2 films.   I guess I shouldn't be surprised by a company that thought anyone wanted to see a Han Solo origin movie.

Edited by Ozymandias

Rian Johnson killed the Star Wars franchise, but kudos to Disney for believing in a filmmaker's vision. The Last Jedi was one of the worst movies of all time, but at least they aimed for greatness and not safe mediocrity like Marvel movies. I give them that. It was a bet that went wrong and damaged their most precious brand, but I appreciate the intention. 

P.S. this is not throwing shade at what JJ Abrams did with The Force Awakens, I don't think the criticism of it being lazy and a rehash of A New Hope is fair. It was one of my favorite movie going experiences of all time. I really appreciate what he did there and do not think it's mediocre, in fact I think it was brilliant. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1
  • Knock It Off 1

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Man didn't know today it's been 5 years since The Legend of Korra ended. While not perfect I think the show is a really good example of doing a sequel that builds on the original without tearing down the old. Really miss the Avatar shows.

Superb. Third Avatar series when. Gimme gimme gimme

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Man didn't know today it's been 5 years since The Legend of Korra ended. While not perfect I think the show is a really good example of doing a sequel that builds on the original without tearing down the old. Really miss the Avatar shows.

honestly i preferred it to TLA which did the typical three act heroes journey really well. korra was messier but i think covered more interesting ground because of that.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

honestly i preferred it to TLA which did the typical three act heroes journey really well. korra was messier but i think covered more interesting ground because of that.

Honestly it's a miracle the show ended up as good as it was considering how much Nickelodeon screwed Bryan and Mike over during the making of it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

The show had more than its share bumpy moments, but I do think the last two seasons were a big improvement. It’s just a bit of a shame that the series as a whole has mostly just been remembered for the last minute lesbian hookup.