Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

Imagine thinking that filming an actor over-acting for 2hours, crying about how his mommy was bad to him in 3 different locations that could be your own flat to be the pinnacle of genre filmmaking in 2019.

Imagine it.

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

Just had an interesting observation, most of the actors that DC cast in lead roles cannot act. 

Dwayne Johnson, Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot are wooden. 

Henry Cavill is very limited. 

Wtf were WB thinking when casting them. 

Joaquin Phoenix? Robert Pattinson? Regina King?? Even Margot Robbie's favored to get her second Oscar nomination next month.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:47 AM, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Honestly it's a miracle the show ended up as good as it was considering how much Nickelodeon screwed Bryan and Mike over during the making of it.

I did really like Korra but to me for a few reasons it did'nt toutch the OG series.

It sucked they only had 10 episodes a season, we could have more character fleshed out with a bit more run time (or 1 storry over 4 season (40episodes total would have worked better for me I think). And my second complaint is that it took away a lot of the specialness of certain abilities like lighting and metal bending. To me it was strange so many people knew how to bend lightning whilst in the first series it was known you could make lighting but only the best of the best were able to do so, it felt like something special (and you needed inner balance). Metal a bit the same but that wasn't seen as possible so more people might descover they could so this makes a bit more sense.

+ the problem with a skill becoming main stream is that the power of that skill get drasticly reduced.

That said I agree that korra was very good (8.8/10) and they took her to many interesting places. I would love a 3rd series.

7 minutes ago, TMP said:

Joaquin Phoenix? Robert Pattinson? Regina King?? Even Margot Robbie's favored to get her second Oscar nomination next month.

JP is not of Main DCEU, we haven't seen Batman yet. And Regina King is on TV Show. 

I am talking about main franchise. Compare this to main franchise actors of MCU. 

Robert Downey Jr, Chadwick Boseman, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson have been nominated for Oscars. 

Chris Evans has shown his acting in many good movies. 

Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt while not the best are very good comedic actors. 

Karen Gillan, Zoe Saldana and Sebastian Stan are fantastic. 

Hell even Dave Bautista acts better than Gal and Dwayne. 

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

JP is not of Main DCEU, we haven't seen Batman yet. And Regina King is on TV Show. 

I am talking about main franchise. Compare this to main franchise actors of MCU. 

Robert Downey Jr, Chadwick Boseman, Mark Ruffalo, Scarlett Johansson, Brie Larson have been nominated for Oscars. 

Chris Evans has shown his acting in many good movies. 

Chris Hemsworth and Chris Pratt while not the best are very good comedic actors. 

Karen Gillan, Zoe Saldana and Sebastian Stan are fantastic. 

Hell even Dave Bautista acts better than Gal and Dwayne. 

Chadwick Boseman doesn't have an Oscar nomination and Hemsworth/Pratt have done nothing but clunkers outside of the MCU. Also you used Dwayne Johnson as an example even though we haven't seen Black Adam yet, so not sure why Pattinson can't be included, unless he disproves your theory considering he's both a fantastic actor and the lead of DC's biggest upcoming movie, lol.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Thank God you took your DC butt hurt into the fanboy thread. I can easily ignore it now.

How is this butthurt? You were saying Daisy is not good actress and I jus said Gal is also not good actress. 

You are butthurt, my friend.

I was just pointing out something interesting. 

You are the one that is doing personal attack. 

3 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

@TMP If Robert Pattinson is coming to DC then don't forget Ali is coming to MCU.

I never said Marvel doesn't cast good actors, lmfao, I just said it's dumb to make that statement considering the current Best Actor front-runner is the star of a DC movie.

1 minute ago, TMP said:

Chadwick Boseman doesn't have an Oscar nomination and Hemsworth/Pratt have done nothing but clunkers outside of the MCU. Also you used Dwayne Johnson as an example even though we haven't seen Black Adam yet, so not sure why Pattinson can't be included, unless he disproves your theory considering he's both a fantastic actor and the lead of DC's biggest upcoming movie, lol.

I agree for Robert, he is a good actor. Take Jeremy in place for Chadwick and add Angelina Jolie too. 

1 minute ago, TMP said:

I never said Marvel doesn't cast good actors, lmfao, I just said it's dumb to make that statement considering the current Best Actor front-runner is the star of a DC movie.

That i agree with. But in general, DC does have a weak casting. 

2 hours ago, Madhuvan said:

Just had an interesting observation, most of the actors that DC cast in lead roles cannot act. 

Dwayne Johnson, Jason Momoa and Gal Gadot are wooden. 

Henry Cavill is very limited. 

Wtf were WB thinking when casting them. 

Dwayne Johnson and Gal Gadot aren’t wooden. What are you talking about?

2 hours ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Rian Johnson is having the last laugh this weekend ;) 

A friend of mine, who don't like Star Wars, loved Knives Out. We were having a discussion, as how TLJ reception affected SW. He said, "Star Wars fans don't deserve Rian. Disney can make all these films with 2nd tier directors"

Now as a fan of TLJ, may be yes.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jedi Jat said:

A friend of mine, who don't like Star Wars, loved Knives Out. We were having a discussion, as how TLJ reception affected SW. He said, "Star Wars fans don't deserve Rian. Disney can make all these films with 2nd tier directors"

Good location for response. I shouldn’t have mentioned Rian in weekend in the first place, too tough for people to leave the topic alone.  

Speaking of Fanboy Wars, there are no more fanboy wars. For a war you need at least 2 groups of similar enough strength, and nobody is close to MCU. 60% of 2019 top 5, absolute dominance. Prepare for same feat in 2021. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Jedi Jat said:

MCU is also directed by 2nd tier directors. But they don't subvert expectations just for fun. 

3 minutes ago, Arendelle Legion said:

Good location for response. I shouldn’t have mentioned Rian in weekend in the first place, too tough for people to leave the topic alone.  

Speaking of Fanboy Wars, there are no more fanboy wars. For a war you need at least 2 groups of similar enough strength, and nobody is close to MCU. 60% of 2019 top 5, absolute dominance. Prepare for same feat in 2021. 

Top 5 2020 40% dominance. 

Top 5 2021 80% dominance. 

• Astonished 1