Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

23 minutes ago, cax16 said:

I don't know how trustworthy that SW story is. The article says that the movies will be set 400 years before the Skywalker Saga and says thats when Darth Bane was around. But that is completely wrong. Darth Bane died a 1000 years before the clone wars. 

In fact, in the entire millenium before the clone wars, there was peace and pretty much no conflict (besides 2 smaller ones aka Mandalorian Civil War and Hyperspace War which both happened just a few years prior to events in the Phantom Menace). You would have to go 1000 years back to the Jedi vs Sith Wars to get around to Darth Bane's time and a significant conflict. 

Of course most of this is from Legends and Disney will discard what it wants. Much better idea would be to go about 4000 years behind and cover KOTOR/Revan and the Jedi Civil War. Or else go into the future and set new stories there

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I don't know how trustworthy that SW story is. The article says that the movies will be set 400 years before the Skywalker Saga and says thats when Darth Bane was around. But that is completely wrong. Darth Bane died a 1000 years before the clone wars. 

In fact, in the entire millenium before the clone wars, there was peace and pretty much no conflict (besides 2 smaller ones aka Mandalorian Civil War and Hyperspace War which both happened just a few years prior to events in the Phantom Menace). You would have to go 1000 years back to the Jedi vs Sith Wars to get around to Darth Bane's time and a significant conflict. 

Of course most of this is from Legends and Disney will discard what it wants. Much better idea would be to go about 4000 years behind and cover KOTOR/Revan and the Jedi Civil War. Or else go into the future and set new stories there

I’m not a Star Wars guy so I have no idea, you guys know way more then me. Apparently he’s reliable they said but I have no idea about any of the info. 

19 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

I can confirm that the Star Wars scoop is essentially correct. 

13 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

I can confirm that the Star Wars scoop is essentially correct. 

Based on? Was it some other leaks or just based on your hunch?

If it is really set 400 years before the Skywalker Saga, i wonder how they are gonna do it without the Sith. It is canon in the movies that Jedi thought the Sith have been extinct for a millenium. So either it can't have the Sith or have it so that the Jedi never encounter them. Although I am pretty sure Lucasfilm will likely retcon that idea out and won't care about plot hole. 

13 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Based on? Was it some other leaks or just based on your hunch?

I run a very large and luckily, well connected, Star Wars group. Anything that gets scooped by sites I can corroborate or debunk. If it's legit, I'll know. If it's BS, I'll know. This is legit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 1

54 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

It doesn't say that was when Darth Bane was around, it says it is set during the Rule of Two era which fits with the timeline. I think a series about Jedi exploring the unknown regions would be interesting and could serve as a nice fresh start.

• Like 1

So some people have already started naming Batman as most anticipated movie of 2021

😂😂😂🤣🤣

It will be really funny to see when 3 Marvel movies outgross (and potentially 4).

Doctor Strange 2

Spider-Man Homecoming 3

Thor 4

Are equally anticipated if not more. 

It's just plain delusional to say Batman as most anticipated movie of 2021.

Avatar 2 will be the most anticipated. 

5 minutes ago, Madhuvan said:

So some people have already started naming Batman as most anticipated movie of 2021

😂😂😂🤣🤣

It will be really funny to see when 3 Marvel movies outgross (and potentially 4).

Doctor Strange 2

Spider-Man Homecoming 3

Thor 4

Are equally anticipated if not more. 

It's just plain delusional to say Batman as most anticipated movie of 2021.

Avatar 2 will be the most anticipated. 

It could become the most anticipated of Summer 2021. Easily. 

• Like 1

Just now, JB33 said:

It could become the most anticipated of Summer 2021. Easily. 

I am rooting for Batman but no. You will see it yourself when Box office start coming in. 

Spiderman h3 and DS 2 both will beat it box office. 

1 minute ago, Madhuvan said:

I am rooting for Batman but no. You will see it yourself when Box office start coming in. 

Spiderman h3 and DS 2 both will beat it box office. 

Being most anticipated in a poll and what something makes at the box office are two completely different things.

Wonder Woman was just voted as most anticipated over at fandango but that doesn’t mean it will outgross Black Widow or anything else. 

• Like 1

Domestic Top 5 - 2020 

• 1. Black Widow - $415m
  • 2. The Eternals - $360m
  • 3. Wonder Woman 1984 - $335m
  • 4. Soul - $275m
  • 5. Tenet - $240m

Domestic Top 5 - 2021 

1. Avatar 2 - $550m
  2. Thor: Love and Thunder - $425m
  3. Spider-Man 3 - $385m
  4. Shang Chi - $370m
  5. Jurassic World 3 - $360m
Edited by VenomXXR
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Domestic Top 5 - 2020 

• 1. Black Widow - $415m
  • 2. The Eternals - $360m
  • 3. Wonder Woman 1984 - $335m
  • 4. Soul - $275m
  • 5. Tenet - $240m

Domestic Top 5 - 2021 

1. Avatar 2 - $550m
  2. Thor: Love and Thunder - $425m
  3. Spider-Man 3 - $385m
  4. Shang Chi - $370m
  5. Jurassic World 3 - $360m

Mulan and Raya are also Top 5 contenders. 

Edited by Madhuvan