Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

28 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

I definitely do not agree with the idea that modern Disney films are well made and emotional. Most of their films just sort of blend together at this point. Their animated movies feel more formulaic than ever, their live action remakes are terrible, their Star Wars movies don’t seem to know what the hell they're doing, and their Marvel movies are fine, but most of them aren’t what I’d personally consider to be extraordinary. 

Also, them buying 20th Century Fox was possibly the worst thing to have happened to the entertainment industry in the 2010s. And yes, I’m aware that Rupert Murdoch was the one who wanted to sell it. That doesn’t make the merger any less disastrous. 

i disagree, but respect your opinion

Love how people are beginning to doubt the avatar 2 billies, I guess we got Alita and Terminator to thank for that. Now I just need to think of I way to make money of my billie visions... maybe bet against some rich person?

Final 2019 Villain List:

Villain of 2019: Jake Gyllenhaal's Quentin Beck/Mysterio (Spider-Man:Far From Home)

Runner Up: Palpatine (Star Wars 9) "Fight together, DIE together!" 😂

3. Joaquin Phoenix's Joker (Joker)
4. IT/Pennywise The Clown (IT: Chapter 2)
5. King Ghidorah (Godzilla; King of the Monsters)
6. Thanos (Avengers: Endgame)
7. Agent Shaw (Richard Jewell)

Gyllenhaal's heel turn promo in the bar, behind Peter Parker's back, erasing any doubt that he is the villain, seals the deal 😂

Edited by OdinSon2k14
  • ...wtf 1

I'm not on any "side" but I figured if I asked this question in the Globes thread the mods would just throw it in here.  

Do you think an MCU movie will ever have an actor/actress nominated and who has a chance or if not then why?  Not saying any previous performances did or didn't deserve recognition.. 

2 hours ago, The Chad DC said:

Joaquin scores the golden globe. Another W for DC. Hold this L disney/marvel kneelers.

Yup, Disney must be crying at how unsuccessful Marvel is. 

Atleast MCU  don't copy previous movies to win. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Johnny Tran said:

I'm not on any "side" but I figured if I asked this question in the Globes thread the mods would just throw it in here.  

Do you think an MCU movie will ever have an actor/actress nominated and who has a chance or if not then why?  Not saying any previous performances did or didn't deserve recognition.. 

The day MCU will copy an old movie, they will also win the best actor/actress. 

12 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

Don't see a MCU movie ever getting nominated for acting unless they bring in some well known auteurs, but we all know how most of them feel about franchises like these. Their best bet is to pull a Black Panther again and make more movies of cultural significance down the road.

Edited by infamous5445

23 hours ago, stealthyfrog said:

Part of why I'm more pessimistic about Avatar 2 is because I don't see the big technical revolution yet. They are hyping up the underwater capture technology, but will the difference between how Avatar 2 does it versus other movies like Aquaman be obvious to the general audience? Maybe there will be great CG but other franchises certainly have not been slacking in that department.

It will be obvious to the general audience because Avatar 2 will look nothing like Aquaman. Cameron knows a thing or two about water and special effects, plus he's shooting with real water. Everything will look more grounded and real, it'll make Aquaman look like Finding Nemo.

Not much of a difference ot makes for Kevin that some actors won some awards, does it now? 

MCU has the biggest award a movie can get, that is trust and loyalty of paying public, it's not just about Box Office, many movies are successful in box office, but it's about the emotions of people which are now attached to the movies and the respective characters.

People do not watch MCU movies anymore..... They celebrate them..!!

That, i believe is an award in itself.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Marvel and the MCU has reached peak box office success with Avengers and will now slowly descend into the abyss of superhero mediocrity, wishing they were still in the halcyon days of 2019. You heard it here first. Come at me bros!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Knock It Off 1

17 minutes ago, Warlock said:

Marvel and the MCU has reached peak box office success with Avengers and will now slowly descend into the abyss of superhero mediocrity, wishing they were still in the halcyon days of 2019. You heard it here first. Come at me bros!

yoda-quote-powerful-you-have-become-the-

• Thanks 2
  • ...wtf 1