Plain Old Tele

Fanboy Wars Thread: Personal Attacks not allowed | With Digital Fur Technology

1 hour ago, Madhuvan said:

Joker is the movie which has led to some of the worst messages.

Some people think Joker is hero. 

Please provide some level of evidence to this.

The joker movie also lead to: ""The worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave as if you don't." In the age of mental health awareness, that is a powerful and relatable quote that has empowered people. 

JOKER haters are absurd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Futurist said:

Are we going to pretend China s government is afraid of social unrest because you know, the joker showed them how to rebel ?

Why (except if you have nothing behind it) never simply say what you want to say.

Why do you think China ban it (if it is not like they did for Once Upon a time in Hollywood, to violent and so on and the studio not letting them editing it down) ?

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Considering how much she travel I think there is still a good window of pundit deciding that this pollution is ok and not that one, Netflix, going to europe with your kids to see museum, going to the movie theater will be some of the last target.

I am really unsure what is the relevance of some of those, like outsourced VFX, VFX will be more ecological in country with hydro electricity than the USA I would imagine, abroad shoot often use local crew.

Local vs abroad for ecological reason is often a total fallacy, shipping usually is a minuscule amount of a product total footprint and easily more than made for if it is made in a more efficient location, when talking the shipping of movie images it must be virtually irrelevant.

That s not how it works.

Just now, The Futurist said:

That s not how it works.

Depending on what part you are talking about, I suspect it will, what people with microphone consider ok to sacrifice emission for tend to stay ok in polite society way longer, i.e. having an Hummer being considered way worse then going to Europe and rules about it being enforced sooner.

Look at wearing fur vs wearing leather in our society, smartphone, video games creation, online server and film making have a good chance to go really low on the list of targets by the eco-fascist, specially if google-Facebook stay strong at controlling what is talked about. 

1 hour ago, The Chad DC said:

Please provide some level of evidence to this.

The joker movie also lead to: ""The worst part of having a mental illness is people expect you to behave as if you don't." In the age of mental health awareness, that is a powerful and relatable quote that has empowered people. 

JOKER haters are absurd.

True, but so are the fans who are making like "THe Joker" is some incredibly orirignal and daring film. It's not.

It's a good film, with a superb performance by Phoenix but i's not ground breaking, I hate to sound like a broken record, but it does nothing that Scorsese was not doing 40 years ago. Over the top love is just as absurd as over the top hate.

Pretty clear the DC fanboys see it as some kind of chance to get "one up" on Marvle Studios.

1 hour ago, LaughingEvans said:

1578595808408.png

I'd like to see certain WB execs arguing with an AI, especially Jon Peters and the Green Lantern exec that had a hardon for aircrafts.

Much ado about nothing. Lots of Business Management software out there that could be easily programmed to do everything this new "AI" does, although, frankly, it does not quite seem to be AI in the popular meaning of the term.

Must have been a slow day at the Warners PR department for them to send out this.

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

True, but so are the fans who are making like "THe Joker" is some incredibly orirignal and daring film. It's not.

It's a good film, with a superb performance by Phoenix but i's not ground breaking, I hate to sound like a broken record, but it does nothing that Scorsese was not doing 40 years ago. Over the top love is just as absurd as over the top hate.

Pretty clear the DC fanboys see it as some kind of chance to get "one up" on Marvle Studios.

I hear what you are saying about Scorsese, I do and I agree.

But making a film like The Joker, in 2019s Hollywood, is kind of groundbreaking and bucking trends. Hence why it did so well at the box office, plus of course due to Joaqim Phoenix, who is a bloody good actor.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Joker will have no influence on Hollywood.

Its very specific contradictions & paradoxes can't be reproduced elsewhere.

That hard to say, next time someone ask to do almost everything with the main unit and shoot everything(without being Nolan) maybe it will be easier.

7 hours ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Jim made $350m for Avatar, and will probably make $1B+ on the sequels minimum. 

I'm more curious to see if he can pass Spielberg as the top grossing movie director of all time. He's currently 4.3 billion away with 4 Avatar movies coming up. So that means at a minimum 1.075 billion per movie to equate him. It's more than doable especially if China really gets into it. Of course Spielberg isn't done just yet, so he'll need more than that to keep the crown. But then again Spielberg has slowed down a lot and his days of dominance at the box office are long gone

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

The Joker will have no influence on Hollywood.

Its very specific contradictions & paradoxes can't be reproduced elsewhere.

Thank God.

Back to blockbusting folks.

But Joker made a huge profit. Not to mention, actors and crew love awards. So money and Golden Lion parties? Everyone will try to "reproduce" this.

And maybe it will lead to franchise directors asking for more creative freedom in the future, maybe as a deal with the studios: "OK I will give you one CGI fest, but for my next CBM I want a Joker-type prestige drama".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

But Joker made a huge profit. Not to mention, actors and crew love awards. So money and Golden Lion parties? Everyone will try to "reproduce" this.

And maybe it will lead to franchise directors asking for more creative freedom in the future, maybe as a deal with the studios: "OK I will give you one CGI fest, but for my next CBM I want a Joker-type prestige drama".

Nah I doubt that.

Impossible to replicate a la Avatar 

23 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

So either way, we get something mediocre?

2 hours ago, Warmaster506 said:

The Marvel vs DC war is going to escalate in the next few years.  Expect lots of nasty from  both sides. 

DC Makes the Art

Marvel makes the burgers.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

4 hours ago, The Futurist said:

DC Makes the Art

Marvel makes the burgers.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.

Marvel makes burgers,

DC makes burgers but their brand has a theme! Burgers for adults

It's all trailer trash